Market Leader

Average Difficulty
17 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Kirkland, WA

I applied online and interviewed at Market Leader.

Interview Details – One sales manager that told me about a broker/franchise position ( which was a bait and switch) 30 mins and pretty easy. I spent most of my time interviewing him and the company.

Interview Question – All pretty standard.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I negotiated a higher sallary based on my experience.

Very Easy Interview

Account Executive (Inside Sales)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Market Leader.

Interview Details – Very laid back, from what I have been told they tell everyone the same things

Developer Interview

Developer
Bellevue, WA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Market Leader in January 2014.

Interview Details – Basically just a phone interview with a recruiter, then a phone interview with the hiring manager, then an on-site interview with the Project Manager, another with a couple developers, then a third with a developer and the manager.

Interview Question – I was asked questions about a programming language that I didn't even have listed on my Resume and wasn't part of the job description. I wasn't expected to know the answers, but it felt like those questions didn't add anything to the interview since they weren't applicable to the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I negotiated for a small (2-3%) salary increase from my previous salary.

Bellevue, WA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Market Leader.

Interview Details – Phone Interview, then in person interview with a couple of managers, then offer letter, and background check.

Interview Question – How much money do you want to make a year?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiating.

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
Bellevue, WA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Market Leader in January 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online at nearly midnight. Received an email at 8 am the following morning, wanting to schedule a time to speak with me. Had a phone interview the following day, which lasted about 15-20 min. At the end, I was told that he would be speaking with a sales team and the Director of Sales to discuss me and other applicants, and decide who moves forward for an in person interview. That was on a Friday, and he said I would find out the decision on Monday morning. On Monday morning, I received an email, saying:

"Thank you for giving us the opportunity to consider you for employment.

We have reviewed your background and qualifications and find that we do not have an appropriate position for you at this time.

We appreciate your interest in Market Leader and thank you again for taking the time speak with us about the opportunity.

We wish you success in your job search.

Sincerely,

The Market Leader Recruiting Team"

I'm sad that I didn't make the cut to get an in person interview. I would love to have heard what was said about me and my competition. I followed up with an email, thanking them for their consideration, letting them know I'm still very interested if anything becomes available that meets my qualifications. I also asked if he'd be willing to give me feedback. "I would like to learn how to be a stronger candidate in the future. What areas can I improve on and/or places I should develop more experience in?" That was 2 days ago, and no response... Pretty disappointed about that. One piece of feedback/constructive criticism would be so very helpful, especially since they say they wish me success in my job search!

I'm thankful I got a phone interview though. I would love to work for Market Leader, based off of what I've read and heard from someone who's worked there for one month. Unfortunately, it didn't work out for me :(

Interview Question – How much money do you want to make this year?   View Answer

Recruiter Interview

Recruiter
Kirkland, WA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Market Leader in February 2013.

Interview Details – Excellent process, prepared interviewers, very effective. I learned all I needed to know to accept their offer.

Interview Question – Everything was relevant and we had a good discussion.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Everything had been discussed up front. It was a good offer.

National Account Executive Interview

National Account Executive

Interviewed at Market Leader

Interview Details – be ready to sell yourself as a cold calling no nonsense, build relatioship person who will do anything for the sale. Someone who is a team player, because they are all about team, all the managers are into sports and hire people like themselves or they can hang out with.

Interview Question – Cold calling realtors on a daily basis and getting told no for a variety of reasons. Always need to be overcoming objections.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Account Executive Interview

Inside Sales Account Executive
Kirkland, WA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Market Leader in November 2013.

Interview Details – 1. Phone call
2. Interpersonal Interview
3. Job Shadow + Final Interview

Interview Question – Is there anything you want to tell me before making my decision?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Account Executive Interview

Inside Sales Account Executive
Kirkland, WA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Market Leader in December 2013.

Interview Details – Be ready for a detailed interview. Go to the website and do your homework about the company. There is a position here for most all people. If you like inside sales, then apply for the inside sales account executive position. There are also management positions, IT, hr, marketing, etc. There is something for everyone. :) Be yourself during the interview

Interview Question – Most difficult question was "what do you like better- inside sales or outside sales?" I really had to think about it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – N/A.

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Market Leader.

Interview Details – One 'in-preson interview'

Interview Question – Every question was easy. How much money do you want to make this year?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No. I received the offer a few hours after the interview.

Worked for Market Leader? Contribute to the Community!