Market Strategies International

2.7

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Livonia, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livonia, MI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Market Strategies International in July 2013.

Panel format, one round, following a phone interview. Included a Wonderlic intelligence test. Met only with hiring manager, HR recruiter and HR leader for interview. Lasted about an hour, then hiring manager took me to lunch.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were the standard fare. None of them were too challenging. Focused more on your personality and motivations. For example, they wanted to know one of my most difficult challenges I faced during my career and how I handled it.   View Answer
    Long and a bit more complicated than necessary. I wasn't asking for much. Background check took forever. Wasn't permitted to meet team members or job predecessor.

Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Market Strategies International.

Initial phone interview with HR to see if you were a fit for the position and company.

If you make it past the initial phone screening you'll need to go in for testing. There are a number of paper tests that you'll have to take to determine your personality type, math skills, grammar skills and editing skills. Some of these are on a computer and others are done with pen and paper. You'll be asked to edit a PowerPoint for both formatting and grammar.

Afterwards there are two rounds of close to full day interviews with a number of people including everyone on the team you'll be working with, your new potential manager, their manager, and other's you may have contact with. Expect the typical interview questions (they give these to their junior people that need to interview you) as well as get information on your background, passions and fit. There is typically a 2-3 week wait after you interview before you'll hear something. The nice thing is that you will hear something either way once they have made a decision.

Interview Questions
    • Since I was interviewing for an entry level position there weren't any difficult or unexpected questions. Very general questions.   Answer Question

Surveyor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  North Little Rock, AR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Little Rock, AR

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Market Strategies International in June 2012.

There are several interviews. This company is constantly hiring.
    When one gets to the office they look if you are moderately dressed. Very informal attire. If applying for bilingual surveyor you will be required to read a text in spanish. For all interviewers a text in english is a required reading.

Research Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

The process took a day - interviewed at Market Strategies International in March 2011.

After submitting my resume online, I was contacted by the corporate recruiter who interviewed me over the phone and set up an in-person meeting with the vice president. I met with the vice president and had a positive interview experience with her. In the end, however, we decided it was not the right fit.

Interview Questions
    • The interview consisted of informal questions related to my background, experience, and job responsibilities.   Answer Question

Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Market Strategies International in April 2010.

application and phone interview

Checker Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Market Strategies International in July 2011.

They have a 1st interview which is the prelimenary interview, the HR of the company made the interview. She would ask you about your personal identity, what do you know about the job you are applying?, what are your good traits that could make you a better emloyee?, what are your skills?, how manageable you are at your time and how do you manage your work?, how long would you want to stay at the company?, would you like to be a regular employee?

Interview Questions
    • Would you sacrifice your time for your family for the sake of good attendance, good performance and for promotion?   View Answer
    • Are you willing to work and follow everything that your boss would ask you to do?   View Answer

Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Market Strategies International in May 2010.

I was told that I will have a phone screen. During this interview I was asked all regular interview questions about my education and work background. After that I took an IQ test and had a panel interview as well as 2 one-on-one interviews with VPs and Senior Analysts.

Interview Questions
    I wouldn't know what to say regarding negotiation because although I was offered an internship, they never got back to me. They told me that they would get back to me when they had a business need. This was a little disappointing to hear after I had been told by the Senior Analysts that they actually needed someone to jump on board and help them immediately. I guess they wanted to stop recruiting because the economic state was even worse than before.

Research Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Market Strategies International in June 2010.

Interview was with a hiring manager and was mostly focused on my past experience, projects and skill set.
    I felt their hiring process is very structured.

Interview Questions
    • Whom did you report to and what are their responsibilities?   Answer Question

Community Manager Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Market Strategies International in February 2010.

Have to interview with someone in HR before you can interview with the hiring manager. Initial face to face interview takes about an hour. Requires versatility, management skills, time management and people skills to be successful. Initial starting pay is a bit low, in the $40K range, but seems to increase fairly quickly.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected was a hand-written paragraph at the end of the interview to explain why you think they should hire you   Answer Question

Worked for Market Strategies International? Contribute to the Community!