Market Strategies International

8 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Market Strategies International.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview with HR to see if you were a fit for the position and company.

If you make it past the initial phone screening you'll need to go in for testing. There are a number of paper tests that you'll have to take to determine your personality type, math skills, grammar skills and editing skills. Some of these are on a computer and others are done with pen and paper. You'll be asked to edit a PowerPoint for both formatting and grammar.

Afterwards there are two rounds of close to full day interviews with a number of people including everyone on the team you'll be working with, your new potential manager, their manager, and other's you may have contact with. Expect the typical interview questions (they give these to their junior people that need to interview you) as well as get information on your background, passions and fit. There is typically a 2-3 week wait after you interview before you'll hear something. The nice thing is that you will hear something either way once they have made a decision.

Interview Question – Since I was interviewing for an entry level position there weren't any difficult or unexpected questions. Very general questions.   Answer Question

Surveyor Interview

Surveyor
North Little Rock, AR

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Market Strategies International in June 2012.

Interview Details – There are several interviews. This company is constantly hiring.
When one gets to the office they look if you are moderately dressed. Very informal attire. If applying for bilingual surveyor you will be required to read a text in spanish. For all interviewers a text in english is a required reading.

Negotiation Details – Easy

Research Director Interview

Research Director
Portland, OR

The process took a day - interviewed at Market Strategies International in March 2011.

Interview Details – After submitting my resume online, I was contacted by the corporate recruiter who interviewed me over the phone and set up an in-person meeting with the vice president. I met with the vice president and had a positive interview experience with her. In the end, however, we decided it was not the right fit.

Interview Question – The interview consisted of informal questions related to my background, experience, and job responsibilities.   Answer Question

Database Administrator Interview

Database Administrator
Jacksonville, FL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Market Strategies International in April 2010.

Interview Details – application and phone interview

Interview Question – describe your environment   Answer Question

Checker Interview

Checker

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Market Strategies International in July 2011.

Interview Details – They have a 1st interview which is the prelimenary interview, the HR of the company made the interview. She would ask you about your personal identity, what do you know about the job you are applying?, what are your good traits that could make you a better emloyee?, what are your skills?, how manageable you are at your time and how do you manage your work?, how long would you want to stay at the company?, would you like to be a regular employee?

Interview Questions

• Would you sacrifice your time for your family for the sake of good attendance, good performance and for promotion?   View Answer
  • Are you willing to work and follow everything that your boss would ask you to do?   View Answer

Analyst Interview

Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Market Strategies International in May 2010.

Interview Details – I was told that I will have a phone screen. During this interview I was asked all regular interview questions about my education and work background. After that I took an IQ test and had a panel interview as well as 2 one-on-one interviews with VPs and Senior Analysts.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I wouldn't know what to say regarding negotiation because although I was offered an internship, they never got back to me. They told me that they would get back to me when they had a business need. This was a little disappointing to hear after I had been told by the Senior Analysts that they actually needed someone to jump on board and help them immediately. I guess they wanted to stop recruiting because the economic state was even worse than before.

Research Analyst Interview

Research Analyst

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Market Strategies International in June 2010.

Interview Details – Interview was with a hiring manager and was mostly focused on my past experience, projects and skill set.
I felt their hiring process is very structured.

Interview Question – Whom did you report to and what are their responsibilities?   Answer Question

Community Manager Interview

Community Manager

The process took a day - interviewed at Market Strategies International in February 2010.

Interview Details – Have to interview with someone in HR before you can interview with the hiring manager. Initial face to face interview takes about an hour. Requires versatility, management skills, time management and people skills to be successful. Initial starting pay is a bit low, in the $40K range, but seems to increase fairly quickly.

Interview Question – Unexpected was a hand-written paragraph at the end of the interview to explain why you think they should hire you   Answer Question

Worked for Market Strategies International? Contribute to the Community!