Market Strategies International Interview Questions

Updated Mar 4, 2015
Updated Mar 4, 2015

2.8

Senior Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Market Strategies International (Livonia, MI).

Interview

Questions about market research skills were asked. Knowledge of market research methodologies. Scenarios were presented and you had to answer how you would proceed to solve the scenario. Questions about Microsoft Office skills.

Interview Questions

• You basically need to verbally demonstrate your knowledge of market research methodologies. This was a position that required previous market research skills which I already had. The same holds true for the Microsoft Office skills.   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Market Strategies International (Livonia, MI).

Interview

Meet with a panel. Take cognitive test and a math test and then interview with a panel of people. You are asked specific questions about what you would do / have done in various situations.

Interview Questions

• Here is a power point - find all of the errors.   1 Answer

Negotiation

You can do some negotiating.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Market Strategies International.

Interview

Initial phone interview with HR to see if you were a fit for the position and company.

If you make it past the initial phone screening you'll need to go in for testing. There are a number of paper tests that you'll have to take to determine your personality type, math skills, grammar skills and editing skills. Some of these are on a computer and others are done with pen and paper. You'll be asked to edit a PowerPoint for both formatting and grammar.

Afterwards there are two rounds of close to full day interviews with a number of people including everyone on the team you'll be working with, your new potential manager, their manager, and other's you may have contact with. Expect the typical interview questions (they give these to their junior people that need to interview you) as well as get information on your background, passions and fit. There is typically a 2-3 week wait after you interview before you'll hear something. The nice thing is that you will hear something either way once they have made a decision.

Interview Questions

• Since I was interviewing for an entry level position there weren't any difficult or unexpected questions. Very general questions.   Answer Question

Senior Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Market Strategies International (Livonia, MI) in July 2013.

Interview

Panel format, one round, following a phone interview. Included a Wonderlic intelligence test. Met only with hiring manager, HR recruiter and HR leader for interview. Lasted about an hour, then hiring manager took me to lunch.

Interview Questions

• The questions were the standard fare. None of them were too challenging. Focused more on your personality and motivations. For example, they wanted to know one of my most difficult challenges I faced during my career and how I handled it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Long and a bit more complicated than necessary. I wasn't asking for much. Background check took forever. Wasn't permitted to meet team members or job predecessor.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Market Strategies International (Livonia, MI) in May 2013.

Interview

There are three portions to the on-site interview (I have heard of phone interviews before the on-site portion but it was not part of my experience). These portions happen in any order but they consist of a behavioral based interview with 2-3 staff members (usually 1-2 from HR and 1-2 from the the division you are applying to), a work sample (correcting a printed powerpoint presentation), and a cognitive ability test (Wonderlic).

Interview Questions

• Behavioral interview questions, 5 topics are given a few days before the interview and 3-5 are discussed. topics include teamwork and communication among others. Relevant examples of when you demonstrated these skills are discussed.Ex. "When did you have to communicate poor feedback to a teammate and how did you go about it?"   Answer Question

Surveyor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Market Strategies International (North Little Rock, AR) in June 2012.

Interview

There are several interviews. This company is constantly hiring.
    When one gets to the office they look if you are moderately dressed. Very informal attire. If applying for bilingual surveyor you will be required to read a text in spanish. For all interviewers a text in english is a required reading.

Research Director Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Market Strategies International (Portland, OR) in March 2011.

Interview

After submitting my resume online, I was contacted by the corporate recruiter who interviewed me over the phone and set up an in-person meeting with the vice president. I met with the vice president and had a positive interview experience with her. In the end, however, we decided it was not the right fit.

Interview Questions

• The interview consisted of informal questions related to my background, experience, and job responsibilities.   Answer Question

Database Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Market Strategies International (Jacksonville, FL) in April 2010.

Interview

application and phone interview

Checker Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Market Strategies International in July 2011.

Interview

They have a 1st interview which is the prelimenary interview, the HR of the company made the interview. She would ask you about your personal identity, what do you know about the job you are applying?, what are your good traits that could make you a better emloyee?, what are your skills?, how manageable you are at your time and how do you manage your work?, how long would you want to stay at the company?, would you like to be a regular employee?

Interview Questions

• Would you sacrifice your time for your family for the sake of good attendance, good performance and for promotion?   1 Answer
    • Are you willing to work and follow everything that your boss would ask you to do?   1 Answer

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Market Strategies International in June 2010.

Interview

Interview was with a hiring manager and was mostly focused on my past experience, projects and skill set.
    I felt their hiring process is very structured.

Interview Questions

• Whom did you report to and what are their responsibilities?   Answer Question