Market of Choice Interview Questions

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Market of Choice

Bakery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ashland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Market of Choice (Ashland, OR).

Interview

I applied online and a week later, they called and gave me a phone interview. After that was completed, I was given an actual interview a few days later. My interview lasted about an hour and I met with the Store Manager, The HR Director and the Bakery Manager. They covered questions such as "Why do you want to work for this company?", "Have you ever had a conflict with your other co-workers/manager?" "Who did you consider to be your best/worst manager?", and "What is good customer service to you?". If you have good, solid answers to these questions, You'll do fine. Everybody I spoke with was very polite, kind, and had great chemistry with each other. I gave three personal references and my previous employer was contacted, but it's best to have more than one professional reference. After the interview, I was called exactly one week later to come in and take a drug test. The next afternoon, they said I got the job. Seems like a very nice company with good values.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for this company?   1 Answer

Pizza Cook Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Market of Choice in December 2014.

Interview

had two over the phone interviews. the first was more of an over the phone personality test. the second was more related to the job and was like a traditional phone interview. got a call about a week after the second phone interview to then set up a date for a drug screening. only downfall was the fact that i had to do some training away from home for the position i was applying for.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for a high end store such as MOC?   Answer Question

Negotiation

i was able to negotiate wages but in the end i found that i was being underpaid. the job is very difficult and i would have asked for i higher rate if i knew how hard the grocery business was.

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Linn, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Market of Choice (West Linn, OR) in September 2014.

Interview

The overall process took about a week and a half from application submission to post interview call-back. I applied online for a new unopened location twice. A couple days later, I got a call from someone working HR at another location and was interviewed over the phone. She followed up with scheduling an in-person interview. The interview was very simple and basic as far as interviews go, just practice the typical questions they would ask. They did ask a lot of questions regarding work/coworker problems and confrontations which was a little strange. Anyways, after the interview, I got a call a couple days later making an offer which I accepted. Immediately that day, they scheduled my drug test and training orientation seminar. Because the location I applied at was not yet opened, they had several positions for me to choose from. I originally applied for Barista, but was stuck with Courtesy Clerk.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been in a fist fight at work?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation really, they offered the position and said you will be paid this "x" amount of dollars/hour. However, the wage is a lot higher than minimum wage and much more than I had expected for the job so it works out okay.

Barista Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Linn, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Market of Choice (West Linn, OR) in March 2014.

Interview

It began by me filling out the online application. The next day I received a phone call; I was asked why I wanted to work for Market of Choice, the woman confirmed my availability, and then asked what my experience in customer service has been, and how many years of experience I had. She schedule me for an interview later in the week ( I was to interview with the Food Service Department HR, not her.) In the few days time before the interview I did a little prep. Went in for the interview on a Monday. Met with the interviewer, who was very friendly. Went into a back room and we sat down and she took out a list of questions to ask me. The questions were pretty basic interview questions...EXCEPT one question, which I will list below. After about 8 questions, which I had felt I answered very eloquently and 'correctly', I was handed a background check permission form to sign.Then was asked to sign another form that said I agreed to a drug test, if offered a job. After all of this I was told the job's pay(determined on my past salaries), and what happens next: she would call me probably on Wednesday, after performing the background check, and that is when the job would be offered (or not). The offer was contingent on the drug test. However, I never received that call. Instead I got a letter in the mail a day or two later, stating simply that they.' could not offer me a position.' No reason or explanation as to why they couldn't offer me a job. I have no criminal history and am very qualified for the barista position. I also noticed that the letter, and envelope, were dated the same day as my interview. So I am not sure if they even had time to perform a background check, then type a letter and put it in the mail all the same day as my interview. Fishy. I was disappointed that my time was wasted, because they obviously had another already in line from within for this position. That, or my salary history was not one they cared to match.

Interview Questions

• Most unexpected: 'Have you ever been in a fist fight at work." Seriously, that was a mandatory question that all interviewees are asked. We both laughed at the ridiculousness of it. My answer was no, obviously.   Answer Question

Beverage Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Linn, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Market of Choice (West Linn, OR) in March 2014.

Interview

Applied on line. Lengthy on-line questionnaire with lots of same questions asked in a different way. Many questions regarding theft and drug use. Some regarding anger management in the workplace or how to handle difficult situations with team members or customers. Received a call within a day or two for interview. Interview directed toward many of the same questions as the on line questionnaire. Came away with the feeling that I had the experience and abilities they were looking for. But just received the letter of "no offer". May have priced myself out of their starting range since I have been in the wine business for 20 plus years. But really don't know.

Interview Questions

• One which was rather odd: have you ever been in a fist fight at work?   1 Answer

Kitchen Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Market of Choice (Eugene, OR) in October 2011.

Interview

You go in and talk about previous work and the difficult work experiences you've had to work through. Basically a situational analysis of your past work and what you would do in certain situations that wouldn't pertain to the kind of work they give you.

Interview Questions

• What was a huge project you worked on at your past work and how did you get it done? - totally unnessecary for a grocery store job..... maybe a business analyst job or salesmen job   Answer Question

Negotiation

They set you at minimum wage even if you ask for something else.

Bakery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Market of Choice (Eugene, OR) in March 2011.

Interview

It was the second time I had applied online and my second phone interview, but this time I got a call back for a real interview. I had applied for any open position and during the phone interview they asked where I would like to work and I picked the bakery on the spot. I went in for my interview and met with a very nice young woman in HR who asked me some general questions then called in the bakery manager to meet me. At the end of the meeting the HR representative asked for five references (and they really called all of them). A week later they hired me. I had to go in for a drug test (later I learned that they were excited after my interview because they knew I'd pass the drug test). And when I went in for orientation they said that they were going to have me be a barista instead of a bakery clerk.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, they just said you will be paid "x" amount an hour. I would recommend asking for more than minimum wage on your application because other coworkers with similar backgrounds asked for more and got a higher started wage than me.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Market of Choice in June 2010.

Interview

online application followed by a test required by compnay mainly dealing with theft & drug use followed by a call back phone interview whcih resulted in an appointment for an interview yet to be had