MarketAxess Trading Systems Developer Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Trading Systems Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at MarketAxess (New York, NY) in March 2009.

Interview

The first phone interview was a little on the harder side, I did not expect a call back as I did not answer couple of questions (on threads). Luckily I got a callback for another set of phone interviews, I took the call and 3 people interviewed me. I answered all the questions and was very confident that I would get a call back but I found that they were urgently needing to close that position and found a local candidate to satisfy their needs. I guessed they found it cheaper to hire a local candidate rather than fly me and pay for travel expenses. I found it very lame as they could not afford to spend a little more money on a candidate who would bring them enormous value, not a very forward thinking company.

Interview Questions