MarketShare Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jun 5, 2014
15 interviews

2.9

Analyst Interview

I was contacted by phone for short high level discussion with recruiter. I was asked to complete an Excel test and had a phone based technical exam. I was asked to the office for a face to face interview. I met with 4 people and most asked very detailed syntax programming questions that could be quickly answered by a google search.

Interview Questions
    • Asked many detailed programming syntax questions which could be easily googled or tested if in a real world work situation.   Answer Question

Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MarketShare.

HR reached out to me about a month after I applied. Here's my schedule -

HR Screen: More of a pitch about MarketShare than me selling myself.

2nd Phone screen: Immediately scheduled for a call with someone who does the job. This was a chance for me to sell how excited I was about MarketShare and why I would be valuable to the company.

On-site Interviews: They scheduled me to come in that same week to interview with 5 people. Each person was in the strategy group and each progressive interviewee was a higher title. Everyone from Managers all the way through SVPs. Interviews were very different with each person but everyone seemed enthusiastic about MarketShares value proposition.

The feel of MarketShare is very start-up-y. I guess casual Friday had something to do with it but people were in jeans and an untucked dress-shirt. I also saw people rocking out at a ping-pong table on the other side of the office.

Interview Questions
    • If you were to think about building a marketing model for a product of your choosing, what categories and specific things would you build into it? This was a great question and we spent some time drawing it out and discussing how to categorize each item I brought up.   View Answer
    I had an offer from another company which I communicated and the recruiter worked hard to match it and then beat it. I accepted the first formal offer I received. Great experience.

Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MarketShare in April 2012.

Interviewed with multiple people in the strategy function. First phone screen was very straightforward, which was followed up by a 4-person. Having a background in the industry helped a lot, and from that I could tell they were interested in me. However, it was a mad scramble for them to find people to interview me and I got an overwhelming sense of them not having the time of day.

Interview Questions
    • What consumer trends and technologies are changing the advertising landscape and what would the barriers be in measuring these effects?   Answer Question

Marketing Scientist Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at MarketShare in March 2013.

I was interviewed by Joy for the position is LA office. They need the person for this position immediately, and asked my about my graduation date and start day. Then asked the casual questions about my resume and my experience. Also asked me how I understand their business. How to apply mixed model to marketing area. Overall very technical interview.

Interview Questions
    • She also asked me marketing mixed model, which I never used before. Be prepared about this topic. They also used time series a lot.   Answer Question

Marketing Scientist Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at MarketShare.

Worst and most unprofessional interview ever.
    First a recruiter approached and asked for a phone interview. I replied and heard nothing back. Then I followed up and the phone interview finally got confirmed. The initial phone interview with the recruiter went well. The second round interview was with someone in the department. This is when my nightmare began. I hate to say this, but I had a really difficult time understanding and communicating with her. And she was so rude in the entire process that even made me feel stupid wishing her a good day at the end of interview, when she responded me with only "bye". It just makes me wonder how could this person even be in the senior level.
    Thank you for interviewing me and ruined my day.

Simulation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at MarketShare in December 2011.

Applied online. Maybe 2 weeks later, I followed up an email and finally a phone interview. IIRC, the director for simulation and optimization interviewed me. The interviewer came off as quite condescending and also criticized a part of my resume. Other than that, the usual questions about my experiences.

There were a combination of background questions pertaining to past work, numerical optimization and matlab questions. Marketshare so called simluation has nothing to do with Simulink. The phone interview lasted about 30mins.

Then I heard nothing back from the recruiter for another week or so. Sent a follow up email and recruiter arranged a second phone interview with two analysts.

Second phone interview was much better. Asked a bunch of question pertaining to time series, optimization, marketing mix modeling etc.

No word or follow up or feedback from recruiter.

Interview Questions
    • What methods will you use to find minima and maxima?   Answer Question
    • What is the best way to do sort/find in a matlab program?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at MarketShare in November 2012.

Will be smooth and cordial, First they make you at ease and further let you answer with will ans wish.

Interview Questions
    • Problem solving ability questions with logical reasoning.   Answer Question
    Please demand and get things done, They pay really great for only demanded ones.

Was on expected lines

Subject Matter Expert Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at MarketShare in October 2013.

The interview process started with first technical interview with their panel. They touched areas in Java and open source technologies. It was followed by a face to face discussion in their office. This was again followed by another technical round with a a tech manager, and by another telephonic to see overall suitability.

Interview Questions

They offered less compared to initial understanding.

Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4 days - interviewed at MarketShare.

I had 1 written round followed by 3 rounds of technical interviews focused mainly on algorithms and data structures with a pinch of databases and basic OOP questions.Difficulty level was moderate.Hiring process was smooth and entire process was completed in one day.

Interview Questions
    Get the break up details before hand. I was shown good package in orientation which had some components ihdden

Worked for MarketShare? Contribute to the Community!