MarketStar

Updated Jan 2, 2015
Updated Jan 2, 2015

2.7

Business Intelligence Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at MarketStar.

General interview questions. Nothing new or strange. Not any kind of technical skills testing. Just chatted mostly with two managers who would be over my position. Not really any kind of discussion about the technical aspects of the job.

Interview Questions
    Pretty straightforward. The company has very strict salary ranges. No wiggle room.

Inside Sales Representative IV Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at MarketStar.

Put in my resume online. Recruiter called and did a phone interview. Then came in for a face to face. Next day they offered position. I tried to negotiate the salary but they would not move on it. I was out of work so took the position,

Google Specialist Interview

I filled out the online application and received a phone call almost immediately after completing the application. I was questioned regarding Google's products and services and received several subsequent calls after by different managers within Marketstar just basically filling me out as far as culture and technology goes.

Interview Questions
    • None, they were basic questions for a common Gmail user or YouTube watcher. Mainly you need to know and understand that they are Google related.   Answer Question

Territory Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at MarketStar.

The process was fairly quick. I was called by a recruiter a day after submitting my resume for consideration. We had a brief chat and I was sent an email to do an online interview via webcam. Was a little weird because you answer the questions on the screen. There is no facilitator in this one. The second interview was conducted the next day with the regional manager. She was amazing in her details and made the interview flow smoothly. Then I had an interview with her manager. A day later I was offered a position

Interview Questions
    No, they actually gave me a few thousand more per year than what was originally quoted

Territory Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MarketStar.

Amazing communication all the way through the interviewing process. Everyone including interviewer and human resources was very professional. I felt like they actually card how I felt throughout the whole process.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation needed. The offer was very generous.

Territory Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at MarketStar in September 2014.

I applied for the position a week before I was contacted by a recruiter. She was very nice and I felt comfortable speaking with her. We discussed my current position and previous experience and she thought I would be a great fit for the position. The next step was to complete a few tasks in emails such as a personality survey involving selecting words that best describe you. The big one was completing a recorded interview with a webcam by answering some questions. Three days later I was sent a rejection email.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you stand out from the rest of the other candidates?   Answer Question

Sony Product Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at MarketStar in August 2014.

Applied for the position the first part of the day. I get a phone call from one of the recruiter the same day. We conducted a basic phone interview about my qualification and short detail about the position. We set up a date and time for the web cam interview. On the day of the interview, the same recruiter asked me opened ended questions regarding retail and manager relationship. The interview process lasted for 30 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Very basic qualifying questions. Open ended which emphasizes on personality. They asked me to do sell a product of my selection. Example questions: What is your experience in Retail? What's your relationship like with your manager? What do you love about Retail? What is your favorite product? Why is it important for customers to buy your brand instead of the competitor?   View Answer
    They offered me the highest hourly wage. Normally for a position like this it is usually part time and a flex position, but instead, we negotiated into a full time permanent position.

Product Specialist Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at MarketStar.

Hiring process includes a call from the recruiter, a phone interview and then a video interview. A video interview is a bit awkward since unlike a skype interview, you are actually speaking to a computer. The lack of human interaction makes it difficult to demo how you present your field training since you have no one to feed off of for the demo. In other words, you are reciting a demo to your computer screen, like an actor which is not necessarily a skill set a field trainer has.

Interview Questions
    • See my above explanation of the video interview   View Answer
    I regretted not negotiating since I was far more qualified for the position than other candidates that were hired. I heard that other negotiated and were able to get a higher salary but the company is fair with their salary packages.

Brand Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at MarketStar in April 2014.

Webcam - record 5 answers to 5 questions

Sales Manager Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at MarketStar in April 2014.

Two interviews. One by senior management and one by the client. The interview with senior management took place face to face and lasted about an hour and a half. The interview with the client was done over a Google Hangout and lasted for about 15 minutes.