MarketStar

69 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Product Specialist Interview

Product Specialist

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at MarketStar.

Interview Details – Hiring process includes a call from the recruiter, a phone interview and then a video interview. A video interview is a bit awkward since unlike a skype interview, you are actually speaking to a computer. The lack of human interaction makes it difficult to demo how you present your field training since you have no one to feed off of for the demo. In other words, you are reciting a demo to your computer screen, like an actor which is not necessarily a skill set a field trainer has.

Interview Question – See my above explanation of the video interview   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I regretted not negotiating since I was far more qualified for the position than other candidates that were hired. I heard that other negotiated and were able to get a higher salary but the company is fair with their salary packages.

Market Manager Interview

Market Manager

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at MarketStar in October 2012.

Interview Details – I was first contacted by a recruiter from MarketStar. She was incredibly energetic, upbeat, and enthusiastic. She was knowledgeable about the position, pay, benefits,etc. We talked about basic information including my resume, education, employment history, scenarios, and capabilities of performing certain tasks related to the job.

Interview Question – The most unexpected question asked of me was list 3 types of contests and prizes you'd give within your territory to increase sales. While I do have 10 years of sales and customer service experience, the companies I was employed by didn't offer the funds to have said contests and/or prizes other than the usual giveaways like pens, stress balls, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The negotiation went very smoothly as I was elated with the offer given.

Product Specialist/Advocate Interview

Product Specialist/Advocate
Yonkers, NY

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at MarketStar in September 2013.

Interview Details – Upon completing an online application and submitting my resume, I completed a ten minute phone interview. The interviewer notified me immediately of my acceptance, and provided detailed what to expect in the days to follow. (ex. blood test, other online forms and applications)

Interview Question – What sales techniques or philosophy enable your successes?   View Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MarketStar in January 2014.

Interview Details – It was quite easy, they did the interview through hirevue and asked just basic interview questions. She discussed with me prior to going live what they were looking for too.

Google Specialist Interview

Google Specialist
Santa Fe, NM

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at MarketStar in October 2012.

Interview Details – Lengthy

Interview Question – Have ready the ability to imagine yourself in store selling something you may know little about, but over the phone....to the person who is hiring you...on the spot.   Answer Question

Sony PC Specialist Interview

Sony PC Specialist
Miami, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at MarketStar in March 2013.

Interview Details – The interview went very smooth and the recruiter asked all the right questions in order to qualify the right kind of employee. Several questions regarding past experiences and work history were implemented to get a good overall picture of the candidate. The recruiter was very relaxed and went off script plenty of times to engage in friendly banter which put me at ease and allowed fr me to answer the interview questions more honestly.

Interview Question – While not difficult or unexpected, compared to the other questions, the one that I would deem difficult would be: "When have you gone above what was expected of you in order to help a customer."   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was very qualified and exhibited values that were very beneficial to the company so I was offered the maximum hourly rate right away.

Brand Ambassador Interview

Brand Ambassador
Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at MarketStar in April 2014.

Interview Details – Webcam - record 5 answers to 5 questions

Interview Question – Pretty usual stuff. Nothing difficult or unexpected   Answer Question

Product Specialist Interview

Product Specialist
Indianapolis, IN

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at MarketStar.

Interview Details – typically 1 to 2 phone interviews, a video presentation and a possible in person interview.

Sales Interview

Sales

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at MarketStar.

Interview Details – The interview process was somewhat complicated. I was contacted by a recruiter who talked me through the process, which I appreciated. I had to complete a video interview where I recorded answers to predetermined questions. I then had two in-person interviews. I was notified by an auto-generated email that they had selected another candidate.

Interview Question – All of the questions were pretty typical.   Answer Question

Client Team Interview

Client Team
Ogden, UT

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MarketStar.

Interview Details – The initial interview is by phone with the recruiter. This is your gateway to move further through the process. Be at your ultimate best with the recruiter and don't be afraid to warm up to them and be yourself. Most of the recruiters here are really cool people and though you need to keep up with the professionalism, they want to know that you will be a good fit in this SOMEWHAT relaxed culture. Once they interview you, they will send you a link to do your webcam interview which sucks. Then the hirevue interview goes to the hiring manager, and that is what will determine if the manager wants to meet you in person, so make sure you don't get too nervous here. The webcam interview starts at the designated time and you will see questions pop up on the screen which you then answer as though a person is asking you (very awkward). That completed interview goes to the recruiter, who then sends it to the hiring manager for review. They need to change this. I don't feel (many managers feel this too) that it really shows how the person really interacts with people. At that point, the manager determines if they want to meet with you in person and you will get a call. If you are applying for anything sales related, be prepared for the last part of the webcam interview to include a brief (I don't remember exactly how long maybe 60 seconds, or 3 minutes, not sure) presentation that you have to give where you are selling their product...for example typically most of the time, a mobile phone. For me, this was horrible. It made me realize I could never be an actor. Put a camera in front of me and I am toast. Believe me, it is way different from selling in person which I can do all day. As for the background and drug screen, this is pretty typical but every position requires it. Lastly, most of the jobs have no negotiation on the salary. It is what they say it is.

Interview Question – If you are interviewing for anything related to sales, be prepared to do a 3 minute sales presentation via webcam...horrible experience.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – non-existent..only certain jobs have flexibility in this respect.

Worked for MarketStar? Contribute to the Community!