MarketStar Interview Questions

Updated Sep 22, 2014
Updated Sep 22, 2014

2.7

Territory Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days - interviewed at MarketStar.

The process was fairly quick. I was called by a recruiter a day after submitting my resume for consideration. We had a brief chat and I was sent an email to do an online interview via webcam. Was a little weird because you answer the questions on the screen. There is no facilitator in this one. The second interview was conducted the next day with the regional manager. She was amazing in her details and made the interview flow smoothly. Then I had an interview with her manager. A day later I was offered a position

Interview Questions
    No, they actually gave me a few thousand more per year than what was originally quoted

Territory Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MarketStar.

Amazing communication all the way through the interviewing process. Everyone including interviewer and human resources was very professional. I felt like they actually card how I felt throughout the whole process.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation needed. The offer was very generous.

Territory Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days - interviewed at MarketStar in September 2014.

I applied for the position a week before I was contacted by a recruiter. She was very nice and I felt comfortable speaking with her. We discussed my current position and previous experience and she thought I would be a great fit for the position. The next step was to complete a few tasks in emails such as a personality survey involving selecting words that best describe you. The big one was completing a recorded interview with a webcam by answering some questions. Three days later I was sent a rejection email.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you stand out from the rest of the other candidates?   Answer Question

Sony Product Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at MarketStar in August 2014.

Applied for the position the first part of the day. I get a phone call from one of the recruiter the same day. We conducted a basic phone interview about my qualification and short detail about the position. We set up a date and time for the web cam interview. On the day of the interview, the same recruiter asked me opened ended questions regarding retail and manager relationship. The interview process lasted for 30 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Very basic qualifying questions. Open ended which emphasizes on personality. They asked me to do sell a product of my selection. Example questions: What is your experience in Retail? What's your relationship like with your manager? What do you love about Retail? What is your favorite product? Why is it important for customers to buy your brand instead of the competitor?   View Answer
    They offered me the highest hourly wage. Normally for a position like this it is usually part time and a flex position, but instead, we negotiated into a full time permanent position.

Product Specialist Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at MarketStar.

Hiring process includes a call from the recruiter, a phone interview and then a video interview. A video interview is a bit awkward since unlike a skype interview, you are actually speaking to a computer. The lack of human interaction makes it difficult to demo how you present your field training since you have no one to feed off of for the demo. In other words, you are reciting a demo to your computer screen, like an actor which is not necessarily a skill set a field trainer has.

Interview Questions
    • See my above explanation of the video interview   View Answer
    I regretted not negotiating since I was far more qualified for the position than other candidates that were hired. I heard that other negotiated and were able to get a higher salary but the company is fair with their salary packages.

Brand Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at MarketStar in April 2014.

Webcam - record 5 answers to 5 questions

Product Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at MarketStar.

typically 1 to 2 phone interviews, a video presentation and a possible in person interview.

Sales Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at MarketStar.

The interview process was somewhat complicated. I was contacted by a recruiter who talked me through the process, which I appreciated. I had to complete a video interview where I recorded answers to predetermined questions. I then had two in-person interviews. I was notified by an auto-generated email that they had selected another candidate.

Client Team Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ogden, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ogden, UT

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MarketStar.

The initial interview is by phone with the recruiter. This is your gateway to move further through the process. Be at your ultimate best with the recruiter and don't be afraid to warm up to them and be yourself. Most of the recruiters here are really cool people and though you need to keep up with the professionalism, they want to know that you will be a good fit in this SOMEWHAT relaxed culture. Once they interview you, they will send you a link to do your webcam interview which sucks. Then the hirevue interview goes to the hiring manager, and that is what will determine if the manager wants to meet you in person, so make sure you don't get too nervous here. The webcam interview starts at the designated time and you will see questions pop up on the screen which you then answer as though a person is asking you (very awkward). That completed interview goes to the recruiter, who then sends it to the hiring manager for review. They need to change this. I don't feel (many managers feel this too) that it really shows how the person really interacts with people. At that point, the manager determines if they want to meet with you in person and you will get a call. If you are applying for anything sales related, be prepared for the last part of the webcam interview to include a brief (I don't remember exactly how long maybe 60 seconds, or 3 minutes, not sure) presentation that you have to give where you are selling their product...for example typically most of the time, a mobile phone. For me, this was horrible. It made me realize I could never be an actor. Put a camera in front of me and I am toast. Believe me, it is way different from selling in person which I can do all day. As for the background and drug screen, this is pretty typical but every position requires it. Lastly, most of the jobs have no negotiation on the salary. It is what they say it is.

Interview Questions
    • If you are interviewing for anything related to sales, be prepared to do a 3 minute sales presentation via webcam...horrible experience.   View Answer
    non-existent..only certain jobs have flexibility in this respect.

Sony Sales Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at MarketStar.

Process was quite easy. Received a call the day after I applied by a hiring company for a brief qualification process. He set up a webcam interview that was very easy for me. They are more interested in sales and building the BestBuy employee relationship. Neither of their webcam worked at the time but the interviewers were the MarketStar manager, and the Senior Sales Supervisor for Sony in the region.

Interview Questions
    • How will you plan to build a relationship with BestBuy and its employees?   View Answer
    Based on experience I got the highest pay, very easy to negotiate.

Worked for MarketStar? Contribute to the Community!