1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Training/Quality Assurance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ogden, UT

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MarketStar (Ogden, UT) in March 2011.

First I had a phone interview with a recruiter who asked me a few simple questions that required me to talk about my experiences. Pretty standard. A week later I showed up for my 1:1 interview and waited in the lobby for 40 minutes before the person who I was supposed to interview with HAPPENED to walk through the lobby. He was surprised to see me and reluctantly invited me upstairs for a informal interview. We chatted for 90 minutes about my experience, my past, and whether or not I was a liability to bring on board. My advice to future applicants is to understand that this is truly a "good ol' boy" network. You can be the most talented person applying for the job, but if you don't fit the mold, if you don't know someone on the inside, or, quite frankly, if they just don't like you, in general, don't expect to hear back from them. At all. Ever.

Interview Questions

• You got fired from your job 7 years ago, tell me what happened?   Answer Question
  • Is there any reason you can think of that someone would be hesitant to hire you here?   Answer Question