MarketStar Interview Questions

Updated Apr 12, 2015
Updated Apr 12, 2015

2.7

Brand Ambassador Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at MarketStar (Chicago, IL) in April 2014.

Interview

Webcam - record 5 answers to 5 questions

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at MarketStar in April 2014.

Interview

Two interviews. One by senior management and one by the client. The interview with senior management took place face to face and lasted about an hour and a half. The interview with the client was done over a Google Hangout and lasted for about 15 minutes.

Product Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at MarketStar (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

typically 1 to 2 phone interviews, a video presentation and a possible in person interview.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MarketStar.

Interview

The interview process was somewhat complicated. I was contacted by a recruiter who talked me through the process, which I appreciated. I had to complete a video interview where I recorded answers to predetermined questions. I then had two in-person interviews. I was notified by an auto-generated email that they had selected another candidate.

Client Team Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MarketStar (Ogden, UT).

Interview

The initial interview is by phone with the recruiter. This is your gateway to move further through the process. Be at your ultimate best with the recruiter and don't be afraid to warm up to them and be yourself. Most of the recruiters here are really cool people and though you need to keep up with the professionalism, they want to know that you will be a good fit in this SOMEWHAT relaxed culture. Once they interview you, they will send you a link to do your webcam interview which sucks. Then the hirevue interview goes to the hiring manager, and that is what will determine if the manager wants to meet you in person, so make sure you don't get too nervous here. The webcam interview starts at the designated time and you will see questions pop up on the screen which you then answer as though a person is asking you (very awkward). That completed interview goes to the recruiter, who then sends it to the hiring manager for review. They need to change this. I don't feel (many managers feel this too) that it really shows how the person really interacts with people. At that point, the manager determines if they want to meet with you in person and you will get a call. If you are applying for anything sales related, be prepared for the last part of the webcam interview to include a brief (I don't remember exactly how long maybe 60 seconds, or 3 minutes, not sure) presentation that you have to give where you are selling their product...for example typically most of the time, a mobile phone. For me, this was horrible. It made me realize I could never be an actor. Put a camera in front of me and I am toast. Believe me, it is way different from selling in person which I can do all day. As for the background and drug screen, this is pretty typical but every position requires it. Lastly, most of the jobs have no negotiation on the salary. It is what they say it is.

Interview Questions

• If you are interviewing for anything related to sales, be prepared to do a 3 minute sales presentation via webcam...horrible experience.   1 Answer

Negotiation

non-existent..only certain jobs have flexibility in this respect.

Sony Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at MarketStar.

Interview

Process was quite easy. Received a call the day after I applied by a hiring company for a brief qualification process. He set up a webcam interview that was very easy for me. They are more interested in sales and building the BestBuy employee relationship. Neither of their webcam worked at the time but the interviewers were the MarketStar manager, and the Senior Sales Supervisor for Sony in the region.

Interview Questions

• How will you plan to build a relationship with BestBuy and its employees?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Based on experience I got the highest pay, very easy to negotiate.

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at MarketStar.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter, then video submission, possible 1-3 calls with the client depending upon how involved the client is in the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had a difficult customer relationship and what did you do to change the relationship.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No real room to negotiate compensation or bonus.

Market Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MarketStar.

Interview

Hiring was quite simple. We had a series of questions online and in some cases you will record yourself via web cam and submit your answers in to corporate. They will call you back quickly if you did well and process your background and drug screening. That part normally takes about 2 weeks. Once that clears they will send you to training and the rest is on you..

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Brand Advocate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at MarketStar.

Interview

Phone screen with recruiter who asks basic interview questions. Recruiters are great people. Then they pass you to someone who would be your manager. That interview is more depth. Its helpful if you know what the project is, and have retail experience. After that they'll make a decision and you'll hear a yes or no. Quick and painless.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiating, take it or leave it.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MarketStar in January 2014.

Interview

It was quite easy, they did the interview through hirevue and asked just basic interview questions. She discussed with me prior to going live what they were looking for too.