MarketStar

68 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Google Specialist Interview

Google Specialist

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at MarketStar in September 2013.

Interview Details – At first they(this will most likely be your market manager) will call you, detailing the hours, days you work, and pay. They will ask if you want to continue with an interview for later. I don't remember if they give you a short interview right there or not, but another person will call you on the phone for an interview a day or so later. They will set you up with a time for the interview, so it is not a random call. The market manager does not take your interview.

During the interview, they ask you the usual questions. They will ask you some questions concerning technology to test you on your knowledge. For me they asked about such things as describing bluetooth or the difference between a matte finish or glossy finish monitor.

If they like you at that point, they will go through the process of hiring you. They will have you digitally sign a bunch of documents on a website, and have you take a drug test that must be done within a day or so. They will set up some flight arrangements too if you must go out of state for training.

Interview Question – They might ask you about how to explain bluetooth or the difference between monitor finishes.   View Answer

Sales Manager Interview

Sales Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at MarketStar.

Interview Details – Phone interview with recruiter, then video submission, possible 1-3 calls with the client depending upon how involved the client is in the hiring process.

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you had a difficult customer relationship and what did you do to change the relationship.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No real room to negotiate compensation or bonus.

BlackBerry Market Manager Interview

BlackBerry Market Manager
Ogden, UT

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MarketStar in July 2013.

Interview Details – The typical paperwork had to be submitted for information such as background checks, prior employer experience, etc. Drug screening is also required (at the company's expense.)

Most of the process was done through email and telephone. There was a portion of the hiring process that consisted of a web-based recording session, where you're asked several (unexpected) questions and you have a time limit to answer them.

Interview Question – *Please note- this isn't verbatim*
Please introduce yourself and what you do as if I was one of your retail stores meeting you for the first time.
(In a position like a Market Manager, the response to this question is easier said than done. What they're looking for is not only your comfort ability in interacting with new faces, but your ability to come across as helpful, informative, and a great brand advocate.)
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I felt that the pay was great, I did not negotiate.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Market Manager Interview

Market Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at MarketStar.

Interview Details – Hiring was quite simple. We had a series of questions online and in some cases you will record yourself via web cam and submit your answers in to corporate. They will call you back quickly if you did well and process your background and drug screening. That part normally takes about 2 weeks. Once that clears they will send you to training and the rest is on you..

Interview Question – None really   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
San Carlos, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at MarketStar in October 2013.

Interview Details – First I was given a phone call stating interest in my resume. Then the person over the phone prepared me for a quick primarily interview over the phone. If that goes well, you're scheduled a webcam interview with standard questions.

Interview Question – Describe a situation when you didn't get along with management or other associates and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – very simple and to the point.

Brand Advocate Interview

Brand Advocate

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at MarketStar.

Interview Details – Phone screen with recruiter who asks basic interview questions. Recruiters are great people. Then they pass you to someone who would be your manager. That interview is more depth. Its helpful if you know what the project is, and have retail experience. After that they'll make a decision and you'll hear a yes or no. Quick and painless.

Interview Question – None really.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiating, take it or leave it.

Sony PC Specialist Interview

Sony PC Specialist
Fullerton, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at MarketStar in May 2013.

Interview Details – The 1st interview is a phone interview. Basic questions with them trying to just get to know you. By the end of the 1st interview they ask you your shirt size in case you get the job. The 2nd interview is an online web interview. This means that you can ONLY have a shirt and tie and you will be fine. More situation based questions so be on your A-game.

Interview Question – Sell me this laptop.   Answer Question

Verizon Retail Sales Manager Interview

Verizon Retail Sales Manager
Wilmington, DE

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at MarketStar in March 2010.

Interview Details – 2 interviews- 1st was a phone interview about 10-15 mins they called 2 hrs later and offered to set up a face to face interview for the following week, I received a offer 30mins later.

Negotiation Details – Make sure they pay you what you are worth.

BlackBerry Market Manager Interview

BlackBerry Market Manager

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at MarketStar.

Interview Details – Took about a week to get the offer.
Most of the questions in the interview centered around how I trained and coached reps in my previous job. Questions about the ways people learned, and how I adapted my training philosophy to match the different methods.
Had a virtual interview (almost like skyping with yourself) where I was presented questions, and had to record my answers to those. Then had to "present" a training on the BlackBerry products I would be demonstrating.
After that, was face to face interview, which isnt always the case.. sometimes theyre done via skype.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiation, asked for 45, got 40 on the offer letter.

Very Easy Interview

Market Manager Interview

Market Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at MarketStar.

Interview Details – Relatively quick interview. Contacted by recruiter, interviewed via video conference the next day, and hired the day after.

Interview Question – Pretty standard/generic questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was none.