MarketTools Interview Questions & Reviews

6 interviews

3.3

Marketing Interview

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at MarketTools.

The HR staff were courteous and competent. There was one snafu when HR didn't communicate salary history and salary requirements to the hiring manager even though it was required information at the initial HR screening.

I interviewed with six people on the team, all were professional and friendly.

Interview Questions
    • The VP ditched the standard questions HR provided him and asked a number of fascinating personality questions. He took notes the whole time with a poker face. I laughed and shrugged it off telling him I was having fun like it was a rapid-fire game show, which helped lighten the mood. One of the questions was to immediately rattle off 3 words to describe myself without thinking about it. He explained taking too long to answer would count against me.   Answer Question
    Given the HR snafu described above, the hiring manager was very apologetic and willing to negotiate above their initial offer.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at MarketTools in October 2010.

First I had a phone interview, then I came onsite and met with three people on the team. I had a great experience and was really impressed with everyone I met.

Interview Questions
    I was not able to negotiate, but I did tell them what I was looking for.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at MarketTools in January 2010.

Noticed on LinkedIn that former VP of Engineering was now at MarketTools so I reached out. However, he is not kindly disposed to my current employer, so while a pleasant conversation it was clear that he was negatively inclined at the start. He was very explicit about looking for people with web experience; he perceived my company as an "apple polishing" culture and not very progressive. I disagree of course and that was the end of the interview, really.

Assistant Manager - Accounts & Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 1 week - interviewed at MarketTools.

Picked up my profile from one of the job portal and scheduled an technical interview with the head of the department and center head. Once cleared a final discussion with HR happened.
    Interview process is purely based on the technical skills along with team management skills

Interview Questions
    • Please be confident about the reason for change and the consistency with the company.   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MarketTools in October 2011.

Written test includes MS office, web based, English and Technical.
    Second round with the process manager.
    Later the line manager & HR.

Interview Questions
    • Replacing a similar word in MS word in a doc of 35 pages.
      Ex: Ham & Hamburger are two words need to change Ham to Sam.
        Answer Question
    I was offered nearly 35% hike from the previous pay.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at MarketTools in February 2010.

Initial HR call
    Phone interview with onsite team
    Personal 1:1 interview
    Final HR interview/negotiation
    Offer - accepted

Interview Questions
    • how do you accomodate two high priority tasks at the same time!   View Answer
    It was simple - I got what I was expecting

Worked for MarketTools? Contribute to the Community!