MarketTools

6 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Marketing Interview

Marketing

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at MarketTools.

Interview Details – The HR staff were courteous and competent. There was one snafu when HR didn't communicate salary history and salary requirements to the hiring manager even though it was required information at the initial HR screening.

I interviewed with six people on the team, all were professional and friendly.

Interview Question – The VP ditched the standard questions HR provided him and asked a number of fascinating personality questions. He took notes the whole time with a poker face. I laughed and shrugged it off telling him I was having fun like it was a rapid-fire game show, which helped lighten the mood. One of the questions was to immediately rattle off 3 words to describe myself without thinking about it. He explained taking too long to answer would count against me.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Given the HR snafu described above, the hiring manager was very apologetic and willing to negotiate above their initial offer.

Recruiter Interview

Recruiter
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at MarketTools in October 2010.

Interview Details – First I had a phone interview, then I came onsite and met with three people on the team. I had a great experience and was really impressed with everyone I met.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate, but I did tell them what I was looking for.

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager
San Francisco, CA

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at MarketTools in January 2010.

Interview Details – Noticed on LinkedIn that former VP of Engineering was now at MarketTools so I reached out. However, he is not kindly disposed to my current employer, so while a pleasant conversation it was clear that he was negatively inclined at the start. He was very explicit about looking for people with web experience; he perceived my company as an "apple polishing" culture and not very progressive. I disagree of course and that was the end of the interview, really.

Interview Question – Why are you switching?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager - Accounts & Finance Interview

Assistant Manager - Accounts & Finance
Hyderābād (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at MarketTools.

Interview Details – Picked up my profile from one of the job portal and scheduled an technical interview with the head of the department and center head. Once cleared a final discussion with HR happened.
Interview process is purely based on the technical skills along with team management skills

Interview Question – Please be confident about the reason for change and the consistency with the company.   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Technical Support Engineer
Hyderābād (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MarketTools in October 2011.

Interview Details – Written test includes MS office, web based, English and Technical.
Second round with the process manager.
Later the line manager & HR.

Interview Question – Replacing a similar word in MS word in a doc of 35 pages.
Ex: Ham & Hamburger are two words need to change Ham to Sam.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was offered nearly 35% hike from the previous pay.

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Hyderābād (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at MarketTools in February 2010.

Interview Details – Initial HR call
Phone interview with onsite team
Personal 1:1 interview
Final HR interview/negotiation
Offer - accepted

Interview Question – how do you accomodate two high priority tasks at the same time!   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was simple - I got what I was expecting

Worked for MarketTools? Contribute to the Community!