MarketTools Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2015

3.3

Marketing Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at MarketTools.

Interview

The HR staff were courteous and competent. There was one snafu when HR didn't communicate salary history and salary requirements to the hiring manager even though it was required information at the initial HR screening. I interviewed with six people on the team, all were professional and friendly.

Interview Questions

• The VP ditched the standard questions HR provided him and asked a number of fascinating personality questions. He took notes the whole time with a poker face. I laughed and shrugged it off telling him I was having fun like it was a rapid-fire game show, which helped lighten the mood. One of the questions was to immediately rattle off 3 words to describe myself without thinking about it. He explained taking too long to answer would count against me.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Given the HR snafu described above, the hiring manager was very apologetic and willing to negotiate above their initial offer.

Vice President, Client Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MarketTools (San Francisco, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

I was referred by a colleague, and had a full interview scheduled with a number of leaders in IT, Client Services, and HR. The process took most of the day and was very thorough. I had an opportunity to meet with peers in other departments and took a tour of the office.

Interview Questions

• What made me qualified for the position?   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at MarketTools (San Francisco, CA) in October 2010.

Interview

First I had a phone interview, then I came onsite and met with three people on the team. I had a great experience and was really impressed with everyone I met.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate, but I did tell them what I was looking for.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at MarketTools (San Francisco, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

Noticed on LinkedIn that former VP of Engineering was now at MarketTools so I reached out. However, he is not kindly disposed to my current employer, so while a pleasant conversation it was clear that he was negatively inclined at the start. He was very explicit about looking for people with web experience; he perceived my company as an "apple polishing" culture and not very progressive. I disagree of course and that was the end of the interview, really.

Assistant Manager - Accounts & Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at MarketTools (Hyderābād (India)).

Interview

Picked up my profile from one of the job portal and scheduled an technical interview with the head of the department and center head. Once cleared a final discussion with HR happened. Interview process is purely based on the technical skills along with team management skills

Interview Questions

• Please be confident about the reason for change and the consistency with the company.   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MarketTools (Hyderābād (India)) in October 2011.

Interview

Written test includes MS office, web based, English and Technical. Second round with the process manager. Later the line manager & HR.

Interview Questions

• Replacing a similar word in MS word in a doc of 35 pages. Ex: Ham & Hamburger are two words need to change Ham to Sam.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was offered nearly 35% hike from the previous pay.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at MarketTools (Hyderābād (India)) in February 2010.

Interview

Initial HR call Phone interview with onsite team Personal 1:1 interview Final HR interview/negotiation Offer - accepted

Interview Questions

• how do you accomodate two high priority tasks at the same time!   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was simple - I got what I was expecting