Marketing Architects

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Difficult Interview

Marketing Specialist Interview

Marketing Specialist

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Marketing Architects.

Interview Details – I applied online via their website and was granted an initial phone interview with Jeff Clement. Jeff is an extremely intense guy, and he didn't waste much time diving into my background and school history. They ended up offering someone else the job the same day I had my initial phone interview, but they ended up having another position available that they said they would consider me for.

The next week I was brought in for a group interview with Jeff and two of the senior employees in the marketing department. I thought I answered very well, but at times it was an awkward and difficult interview. Jeff is almost impossible to please and a very aggressive interviewer. Sometimes it felt like he was hunting for a specific answer, but then at one point in the interview he also accused me of trying to "tell him what he wanted to hear". The other two interviewers only asked questions towards the end, but they were good questions and I felt like I connected with them much better.

I left knowing that I probably wasn't going to be brought in for the final test, and sure enough a few days later I got the standard email from their secretary thanking me for my time.

They don't seem to be overly interested in work experience or technical skills, expect few of the questions to relate to your actual work experience and the vast majority of them to focus on your personality and past. My advice would be to avoid any form of equivocation whatsoever. My interviewer was one of the most extreme type A personality's I have ever met, and what seemed to set him off was any answer where I tried to take a balanced approach or acknowledge both sides of an issue. IE "external motivation is probably the most important to me, but internal motivation is important as well" instead of just saying external motivation was the best. That might be better interviewing technique anyway, but its ESPECIALLY important with this company.

Remember to always take interview reviews with a grain of salt; had I been offered the position I would have taken it, despite some of the negative impressions I had of the interview process. Still, it was definitely one of the most off putting interviews I have had.

Interview Question – The hardest question was also the most random. I was asked for something all my friends and family would say about me and then slammed by Jeff for not being "genuine" when I tried to give a fairly standard interview answer tieing into my strengths. I've never had anyone say that about me in my life, and its usually regarded by people as one of my interviewing strengths.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Marketing Architects in April 2011.

Interview Details – Well, I deemed it important to come back here and post something since I know they are always hiring yet there is never any information available. So, here is what I found:

First, I attended the "Let's do Lunch" meeting with two of the Directors at the company. This was very casual ( I wore jeans and a jacket) but very informative and left me quite excited for the next step which was an interview with whom would have been my bosses.

After a week or so the interview was set up to come in and meet with two other Directors, of whom would have been people I reported to. Since my first contact with the company went very well and was somewhat laid back, I expected the next one to be somewhat similar to coincide with the "hip" atmosphere they try to portray. However, this was not the case. The interviewers showed up 7 minutes late to begin the interview which was held in a small conference room. This would not have been a big deal had they allowed adequate time to appropriately interview a person.

After a 10 minute "tell me about yourself" we began to discuss a very small portion of what I had mentioned and peel it apart. By this I mean the interviewer (and don't get me wrong, there was two people but only one did the talking. The other just gave me the blank unwelcoming stare the entire time), had now begun to ask specific questions about a specific thing that I had mentioned that I had done in the past. Now this is fine if you're trying to pick apart some BS story to find out if they are telling the truth or not but once you realize that they are, it's time to move on and start interviewing again. Rather than doing the above mentioned, they (he) continued to ramble on and question things that were not at all applicable to the position or my capabilities to fulfill the role. This was quite close to a full 180 from the prior meeting with the company for lunch. Rather than being welcoming and cordial, it was quite scrutinizing and dare I say somewhat even shady as to how it was conducted.

After they spent 25 mins or so picking apart details of my past and another 5 or so talking about how important their next meeting was, then they had to call it and dismiss me rather quickly.

I left thinking to myself... there is NO WAY possible that this is it... that they are actually going to make a determination based on that interview and the applicable content (or lack thereof) in the interview. But sure enough, I received a reply to my Thank You e-mail from the "He" of the group that because of my lack of specificity in some of the details of my prior career, that they didn't think I would fit the role.

All I can say now, is WOW. With a "style" like that, they are most definitely missing out on some very top talent.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Operations Analyst

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Marketing Architects in September 2010.

Interview Details – Very odd interview. First of all, it was difficult to prepare as their website provides only a vague overview of the company and the job description did not offer much in the way of describing job responsibilities, preferred qualifications, etc.

The interview started off very casual, basically with questions inviting me to provide more details about my resume. Then, I was asked if I had any questions, which I did, but still was not given much more information than what was listed on the website. Exactly 30 minutes into the interview, the person interviewing me literally stopped talking mid-sentence and said she wanted to stop the interview process because my reasons for wanting to work there were not specific enough. The weird part was that she had asked me why I wanted to work there about 10 minutes into the interview. Why talk to me for another 20 minutes if I gave the impression that I didn't want the job? Oh well, at least they didn't make me wait 3 weeks for a brush off email.

Interview Questions

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Marketing Architects? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Marketing Architects interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Marketing Architects employees and interview candidates.