Marketing Instincts

Updated Jan 15, 2015
Updated Jan 15, 2015

2.5

Warehouse Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Marketing Instincts.

Fairly easy interview process. There is a box of sweat shirts you must manage to put in to piles by "order". Then the regular "Why do you want this job" and they explain there is some driving involved.

Interview Questions
    They were eager to have me help.

Marketing Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Marketing Instincts.

I received an email in response to my posting of my resume & application on the website. I had experience at a gaming company so I hoped my resume would stand out. I met with 2 different people with totally different interview styles. One was much more formal than the other, obviously I preferred the more casual style.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Temecula, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Marketing Instincts.

Met with CEO/President Geri. Asked a few questions, told job was challenging. Went home and got called for second interview which was the same process

I didn't have enough knowledge to negotiate

Office Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Temecula, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Marketing Instincts.

Send out emails or call you. Talk to owners sister to discuss job. Talk to owner before hired.

Interview Questions
    They offer good pay, why not, but i did sell my soul to the devil.

Marketing Project Manager Interview

Nothing unusual or unexpected. I've gone on several interviews after being laid off from my last position and I have to say the typical preparation for a typical marketing position interview was sufficient. Met with 2 different people, each about 30-45 mins over the course of 2 separate appointments. They checked my references after the 2nd interview, this I know because my previous manager called me. They offered me the position on the 3rd interview/appointment. I accepted immediately as I've gone to multiple interviews, sat in lobbies filled with other applicants interviewing for the same position and have not received any other offers. So there was nothing to think about. Although the position sounded interesting enough that if I did have another offer I would have probably accepted anyway. Turns out it is a really interesting position.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult questions was a scenario they gave me where they requested I draft a response to a client. The response wasn't hard, what was hard was worrying about the possible subject rating my response could have.   View Answers (3)

Marketing Project Manager Interview

Professional looking staff. My first interview was on a Monday, met with a manager. 2nd interview was on a Friday...turns out casual Friday at this office...I felt over dressed and wished that I had googled the best way to dress for an office that has casual Fridays. The manager was polite and direct. I was offered the postion and accepted but the manager who interviewed me is not the manager of the department I was hired into.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question was why I left my last job...I didn't want to say anything negative about my previous employer, I had a prepared answer but froze and completely stumbled.   Answer Question

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Temecula, CA

The process took a weekinterviewed at Marketing Instincts.

Received interview request via email. I requested a phone interview. They preferred to initially meet in person, which I understood. There is a door bell on the outside of the building, they keep the front door locked from the outside for security, which I appreciated. It only locks from the outside, inside you just turn the knob and it opens automatically. It gave me the impression they value their employees safety and I liked that. I had worked for a company that left the doors unlocked even when it got dark early in the winter, always made me feel nervous; anyone could have walked in. They brought me into a conference room, that and the lobby were pretty stylish, modern. I could see a sharp looking modern kitchen with a flat screen tv the staff was watching while having lunch (Bravo! So I thought I'd fit right in!). Lots of marketing questions and why I left my previous jobs. In this economy, I kind of thought that was a silly question, didn't everyone leave because they got laid off?

Interview Questions
    • What is my greatest work related weakness? Attention to detail? Follow through? Administration?   View Answers (3)

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Temecula, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marketing Instincts in September 2012.

Receive first call to come in for an interview.
    Meet with Supervisor and will tell you that they will call you for a second interview but don't beleive that until you actually get the call.
    Second interview with one of owners and maybe told that you will be interviewed a third time but again wait until you recieve a call because they could call you to hire you instead.

Interview Questions
    • Just be flexable.
      Make sure you interview them as well. Ask questions about turnover, longevity expectations, training and make sure you ask each person that interviews you these same questions because you will get differnt answers. Micro-analyzed by video surveillance.

View Answer
    We would like to offer you the position of ____ at $___, and start ____.
     How does that sound?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Temecula, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marketing Instincts in June 2012.

I interviewed a total of 3 times with 2 different people. I had been laid off from my last job so the pressure to ace the interview was so intense for me, which had to do more with my internal pressure than with the interview. These types of real marketing positions with decent pay are so hard to come by in the Temecula valley. So in reality each meeting probably took no more than 30 to 40 minutes but felt like eternity. If only I knew then I would make it and be offered the job...now if I'm ever asked to interview anyone I will always remember how it feels. Interviewing Manager here was nice, polite and professional. Turns out once I was hired I hardly ever interact with her.

Interview Questions
    • They give you a real life scenario to write and email to an imaginary client about...everything about this was easy except because I was so nervous I had difficulty getting the details down. Most important thing to keep in mind: get the details right.   View Answers (3)
    I was offered a salary higher than my previous job and because I have been dreaming of a job in the Temecula valley where I didn't have to commute to OC or San Diego I immediately accepted. Glad I did.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Temecula, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marketing Instincts in February 2012.

I applied online and received an email requesting to schedule an interview. They offered two different times slots, one in the middle of the day and one later in the afternoon. Both were within a few days of me receiving the email and either of the time slots worked for me as I was unemployed at the time. I met with an HR person who didn't have a marketing background but was pretty knowledgeable about the day to day details of the position. She was also very thorough inquiring about my previous experience and college degree. I went to a Cal State school so I was a little worried that that would work against me (not having gone to a UC). I had 2 more interviews after that, 3 total. Its difficult interviewing again even though I've been to a few, although it does feel like it is getting easier. My coworker, who I stay in touch with from my last job, told me they called to check my references. Good thing I left on a good note, which was difficult I must admit because I was laid off. The HR person interviewing me at Marketing Instincts remembered me at the subsequent interviews which helped with my nerves. Also, at the last company I interviewed with before this, the interviewer didn't remember me at all, even at the 3rd interview, asked for my resume each time and made me feel so anonymous and like a "number".

Interview Questions
    I didn't negotiate the salary. The initial offer was decent, with health insurance and I had been out of work for over a year. So I decided not to take a chance and try to negotiate and risk having the offer rescinded. I had read that when an employer makes an offer and you try to negotiate it, the initial offer can be revoked. I accepted and am glad I did. It feels great to have a decent income again.