Marketing Werks

Updated Sep 8, 2014

1.2

Client Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Marketing Werks in August 2014.

After being rejected in early June for the same position from the online screener, I applied again in July under the guise of "why not?" My best advice here to get in the door is apply for all "intern" positions in your area on the crossmark website because each team posts a want ad for their intern (there are upwards of 8 teams).

In the middle of August I received a followup phone call from HR about an open position on their teams and had a brief phone call with their recruitment manager. Then I was scheduled for two more phone calls the next day with different senior account managers to discuss what their teams do and see which team was a better fit for me.

After these two phone calls, I was invited in to have a sitdown interview with both teams that I had the phone interviews with. The in person interviews were not challenging and it mostly focused on asking about my experience in experiential marketing. The major goal of these team meetings were to see if I meshed and understood what position would be about.

I received a call about a week later with an offer to intern for the team that liked me more. As an intern, I did not really see a major difference in the work at my level, interns do not get to travel and the day to day life is general marketing tasks so either team was fine by me. Overall, it was a very positive experience if you take out the time equation for the whole process.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, it was a very simple phone call and a straightforward email to sign up on the website.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Marketing Werks in July 2014.

I submitted an application for the short-term internship on the company website the first week of July. I was asked for an initial phone interview with the HR department about 2 weeks later. Human Resources spoke a lot about the internship initially than asking questions about my experience. I was prepared to give background and relatable experience through each of my professional and undergraduate experiences, so I did most of the talking.

On the same day, I was offered a 2nd interview in-person scheduled with two managers in Client Services. This interview was more difficult; though, I was asked more questions specifically relating to the previous professional experiences I had gained in public relations and marketing. I would consider half the interview formal and half informal. Overall, a really positive interviewing experience with the current staff members.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, but there is a possibility of being considered to join the team permanently after completing either the internship or traveling as a brand ambassador.

Student Brand Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Marketing Werks in August 2011.

Process was pretty standard. Completed application through school website. Contacted a few weeks later for a phone interview with someone in the Chicago office. A few days later was offered the job.

Tour Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Marketing Werks in January 2009.

online app essay 2 interviews in person

Interview Questions
    no negotiation unless you have worked with them before