Marketing Werks Interview Questions

Updated Sep 8, 2014

2.0

Client Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Marketing Werks in August 2014.

After being rejected in early June for the same position from the online screener, I applied again in July under the guise of "why not?" My best advice here to get in the door is apply for all "intern" positions in your area on the crossmark website because each team posts a want ad for their intern (there are upwards of 8 teams).

In the middle of August I received a followup phone call from HR about an open position on their teams and had a brief phone call with their recruitment manager. Then I was scheduled for two more phone calls the next day with different senior account managers to discuss what their teams do and see which team was a better fit for me.

After these two phone calls, I was invited in to have a sitdown interview with both teams that I had the phone interviews with. The in person interviews were not challenging and it mostly focused on asking about my experience in experiential marketing. The major goal of these team meetings were to see if I meshed and understood what position would be about.

I received a call about a week later with an offer to intern for the team that liked me more. As an intern, I did not really see a major difference in the work at my level, interns do not get to travel and the day to day life is general marketing tasks so either team was fine by me. Overall, it was a very positive experience if you take out the time equation for the whole process.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, it was a very simple phone call and a straightforward email to sign up on the website.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Marketing Werks in July 2014.

I submitted an application for the short-term internship on the company website the first week of July. I was asked for an initial phone interview with the HR department about 2 weeks later. Human Resources spoke a lot about the internship initially than asking questions about my experience. I was prepared to give background and relatable experience through each of my professional and undergraduate experiences, so I did most of the talking.

On the same day, I was offered a 2nd interview in-person scheduled with two managers in Client Services. This interview was more difficult; though, I was asked more questions specifically relating to the previous professional experiences I had gained in public relations and marketing. I would consider half the interview formal and half informal. Overall, a really positive interviewing experience with the current staff members.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, but there is a possibility of being considered to join the team permanently after completing either the internship or traveling as a brand ambassador.

Client Services Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Marketing Werks in July 2013.

I was referred by an employee at Marketing Werks. Because of that, I was contacted within 48 hours by HR. The phone interview was very easy, and had no pressure. Then, I was invited into their beautiful office space for an in-person interview.

I met with an HR manager as well as an Account Manager. Another team member was supposed to be present, but we found out at the last minute that she had taken the day off. They premised the interview by saying it would be informal. In my opinion, the first half of the interview was informal and the second half was more formal. By formal, I mean typical interview questions that are meant to throw you off.

I was told that they might bring me back in to meet other people in the office, but I was contacted the very next week and told that a candidate with better qualifications and background was chosen for the internship.

Interview Questions
    • When did you find that your biggest strength was actually a weakness?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Marketing Werks.

I had three interviews - one phone, two face-to-face. I spoke with the intern recruiter in chicago first, then met my direct manager and finally the director of the program. Questions were typical for an interview. Everyone was friendly, which made it easier through the process. An offer was made a few short days later by phone.

Interview Questions
    • There are times where there's a lot of pressure from the client, do you feel prepared to handle it?   Answer Question
    N/A

Student Brand Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Marketing Werks in August 2011.

Process was pretty standard. Completed application through school website. Contacted a few weeks later for a phone interview with someone in the Chicago office. A few days later was offered the job.

Tour Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Marketing Werks in January 2009.

online app essay 2 interviews in person

Interview Questions
    no negotiation unless you have worked with them before

FiOS Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bronx, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Marketing Werks.

First interview was on telephone second was with your coach. Telephone interview was very unprofessional. I am very good at what I do. She still told me, "ehh You didn't get me but I guess it was good enough."

Interview Questions
    • None were difficult. All you had to do was sell her Fios   View Answer
    Non existent. Take it or leave it!

Fios Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Marketing Werks in June 2011.

an initial interview via telephone with HR person. A second interview with a person who was filling in for the team lead. I wastold that I would be getting a call from the actual team lead and get passed on for the final interview. Nada

Tour Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Marketing Werks in August 2012.

I did an initial phone screen with an HR recruiter, then was passed on to a position-specific employee. Next, I did a phone interview with a member of the product team. They phoned me to offer me the position a few days later.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were difficult. Due to the nature of the product, there were a few questions regarding interaction with the press and how best to handle media inquiries.   Answer Question
    The rate of pay offered was very low, with no benefits. There was very little wiggle room to negotiate the rate of pay, but I managed to receive a very small increase.

Intern Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Marketing Werks.

Not ready on time. Left me waiting for over 1 hr . confused about actual interview time.

Interview Questions
    • to explain detailed questions when person looked disinterested   Answer Question

Worked for Marketing Werks? Contribute to the Community!