Marketo

Getting the Interview

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Mateo, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Marketo in November 2010.

Interview Details – typical interview process, phone screen, followed by onsite interviews. First onsite interview was with the hiring manager and HR. The second on site interview was with a couple of the engineer team members. The third onsite interview was with employees in other departments and some more from engineering. During the process I was given a tour of the facility and there was plenty of time given to me to ask questions.

Interview Question – What's the difference between SOAP and REST?   Answer Question

San Mateo, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Marketo in August 2012.

Interview Details – The hiring process was quick and smooth. I was on a deadline and my requests were accepted the hiring team responded to make things happen. The whole process from applying for the job to getting the offer hardly took a week. The offer letter got put together in a record 24 hour time frame including the CEO's approval.

Interview Question – I was asked very relevant questions. Nothing that stood out as un-expected. Could also be because I do expect the unexpected :)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes, I was able to negotiate what I wanted. I will admit that even their initial terms were extremely good.

San Mateo, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Marketo in April 2012.

Interview Details – I was referred to the company by an employee, so the process was fast and smooth. I got a really good vibe and really enjoyed the conversations. The interviewers were very nice and asked very good questions. The questions were a bit challenging but I did alright.

While walking around, I saw a lot of highly energetic people. Some people might be turned off by the lack of privacy in the workspace but it isn't really a problem for me.

*** One suggestion: If you schedule a candidate for an interview from 11 to 3:30, please give the candidate a chance to get lunch. ***

Nevertheless, everyone was very nice and it was a very good experience for me.

Interview Question – Some algorithm questions, SQL questions, and management questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Didn't negotiate. I like what I got.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Marketo

Worked for Marketo? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Marketo Engineering Manager interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Marketo employees and interview candidates.