Marketo

Relevance Date Difficulty

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Technical Support Engineer
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Marketo in October 2013.

Interview Details – I contacted them originally and they followed up. I did 2 phone interviews and a skype interview with peers and managers. I was not invited for an in-person interview. The hiring manager was not available for the Skype interview.

Interview Question – What is your familiarity with scripting   View Answer

Position In Professional Services Interview

Position In Professional Services

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Marketo.

Interview Details – I applied and contacted the recruiter directly. I had an initial phone screen, phone interview with manager, face-to-face with employees, and finally presentation with employees. After waiting a week, I offered to provide additional information or to speak with the staff to express my continued interest. Later, I received a job offer.The entire process took 4 weeks. The recruiter was very communicative throughout.

Interview Question – The presentation part of the interview was the most challenging. Interview questions were standard.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I communicated the salary and bonus range I desired up front and their offer was within that range. I was very pleased with the entire package.

Solutions Consultant Interview

Solutions Consultant

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Marketo.

Interview Details – I applied via LinkedIN... After the screener call, I had a phone interview with the hiring manager. They flew me out for onsite interviews with 4 people I'd be working alongside. Next was a web demo that I did from home with 3 other people on the call. The final interview was with a sales exec.
During my visit, it was obvious how busy everyone is. One of my interviewers was a late substitution (another indication of how busy they are), so he wasn't quite prepared.
Each person I asked, had nothing but good things to say about working there. They truly seemed to love their jobs.
Unfortunately, after 5 weeks of interviews and dozens of hours in preparation, I never received a response. This, even after being told a week later that a decision would be forthcoming.

Interview Question – Nothing especially difficult. The most unexpected part of the process was the disinterest from the sales executive from the get-go. He was ready to end the call after less than 5 minutes of conversation. I'm not sure if this was posturing or a test, but it was the only time during the interview process that I didn't feel the excitement from a Marketo employee.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Software Engineering Intern Interview

Software Engineering Intern

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Marketo.

Interview Details – After resume review they invited for a 1 hour skype interview. They rescheduled this around 3 times saying hiring manager was away. Then when I finally had my interview, I was interviewed by 2 people who did not even have my resume and not even from software background. No response from them after the interview.

Software Engineering Intern Interview

Software Engineering Intern

I applied online and interviewed at Marketo.

Interview Details – Applied online and got a skype interview scheduled . Pretty standard questions like reverse integer . After the the interview I was told that they would get back and never did . Felt very bad as the interviewer looked impressed

Sales Engineer Interview

Sales Engineer

I interviewed at Marketo in March 2010.

Interview Details – This was the initial screening call but, for some reason, it was directly with the hiring manager himself. He had a very high energy, no-nonsense approach. Very quickly, it became clear that I was not a good fit. They seemed to want someone with heavy marketing operations/analytics background, rather than primarily sales engineering background. Wonder if the process would be different now that they are a larger company?

Interview Question – Many specific questions to demonstrate knowledge of marketing automation processes and technology. Comparatively less on the sales process side.   Answer Question

Cororate Counsel Interview

Cororate Counsel
San Mateo, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Marketo in October 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview with recruiter, this consisted of the standard character, interest, experience, qualification questions to see if you are qualified, show enough interest and at a high level appear to be a cultural fit. It's been three months since my phone screen. While the recruiter was a professional and seemed to indicate that I would be moving forward to the next stage in the process, I had not yet heard either way from the Company as to a positive or negative outcome. Seems to follow a trend of what other users are saying about the Company.

Interview Question – No explicitly difficult questions. Always should be prepared to state why you want to work for a particular company.   Answer Question

Corporate Account Executive Interview

Corporate Account Executive

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Marketo.

Interview Details – 1.) Phone interview with in-house recruiter
2.) Came in and interviewed with the VP of sales, 2 directors, and 1 account executive
3.) Followed up within a few days and had verbal offer of employment
4.) Signed offer letter

Interview Question – Give me an example of a long sales cycle and your persistence to see the process through to the close.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Marketing
San Mateo, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Marketo in March 2013.

Interview Details – Loved every aspect of this company. They are high energy and you feel it with every touch point. The interview process is very thorough and well-explained before you arrive. You know exactly whom you will be meeting with and their influence in the hiring decision.

Interview Question – How would you handle the situation where someone took credit for your idea?   Answer Question

Interaction Designer Interview

Interaction Designer
Redwood City, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Marketo in July 2013.

Interview Details – Initial phone call with a recruiter, who then followed 5 days later to schedule an on-site interview. On-site interview was scheduled for half a day after lunch, after arriving on time I had to wait in the lobby for a while for a receptionist or anyone else to come by. Some of the people scheduled to interview were late, one didn't even show up. Awkward timing and flow of the on-site. After the on-site, the recruiter said he'd follow up in a week but did not and did not respond to my email.

Interview Question – They use PowerPoint for their wireframes, so if that's something you want to do as a UX professional, Marketo is a good place.   Answer Question

Worked for Marketo? Contribute to the Community!