Marketo

Updated Dec 5, 2014
Updated Dec 5, 2014

2.9

Sales Development Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Marketo.

Organized and straight to the point, they won't BS you. Had a phone screen that went well. Brought onsite a week later; interviewing with four separate people, all giving feedback afterwards. Called with job offer before even making it home. Nothing too tricky, they will know right away if you're a good fit.

Interview Questions
    • Describing relevant experience and what the company is about.   Answer Question

Associate Technical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Marketo.

One phone interview
    Three Skype interviews
    Finally, I was invited for an On-site interview

The questions during my phone interview were a little more challenging than the rest of the interview process. The Skype interviews were pretty straight forward (Discussing relative experience, scenarios, and future plans/goals). The On-site interview was mainly to get a feel for the environment and to verify I would fit in with the culture.

The HR recruiter contacted me very often through out the whole process.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly standard interview questions except for a few critical thinking puzzle questions to test how well you think on your feet.   View Answer

SDR Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marketo in October 2014.

The whole interview process was extremely pleasant. Knew where I stood the whole time and received extremely timely feedback. The recruiter was very easily available and mangers who I interviewed with were extremely honest and provided valuable feedback.

At the end of the phone screen with one manager, I was told that I was going to be invited in for an interview. At the interview I met with 3 SDRs and 2 managers. Everyone was very friendly and asked good questions (not hard necessarily, but insightful). Both managers gave me overall positive feedback. Within a week I received an offer for the position. Ultimately took another role, but I have nothing but good things to say about the interview process at Marketo.

Interview Questions

Took a different offer eslewhere, but would still highly reccomend Marketo

Sales Operations Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Marketo in October 2014.

I applied for a position that I wasn't qualified for, so I got a call about two months later after applying and was told that this sales operations coordinator position was a better fit for me. I thought it was really cool that they reached out to me about this, but what followed was not cool. A phone interview was set up and after waiting half an hour for the phone call, I sent an email asking if we were still planning on meeting at this time. I was asked to wait another hour for a phone call and agreed. The phone interview began and I was immediately surprised by how unprofessional the whole thing was. The interviewer was a little too casual and used explicit words throughout the process. I was listening to the word "hella" more than once and was told that the sales department was like a group of sororities and fraternities. The interview continued to comment about how "if that was my sort of thing, then I should seriously consider it". Overall, I was not impressed with this interview process and would appreciate working in a more serious place.

I have better offers on the table

Security Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marketo.

1. Phone interview with recruiter (20 questions regarding general system administration)
    2. Phone interview with Senior Team Member (similar questions to #1 with more technical detail)
    3. Skills Assessment (required that a report was written and submitted within 24 hours)
    4. Skype interview with Team Member(s) (more technical grilling questions)
    5. Skype interview with Vice President of Operations

Interview Questions
    • Skills test was difficult to complete because of unclear instruction and broken tool.
      Team member asked redundant, highily technical questions

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Marketo in September 2014.

The first step was a quick phone screening with one of the managers. I attended a recruiting event for the various sales positions that the company had several days later where I talked to a several workers in different positions. After that I was invited for the last round of in-person interviews, which included 4 interviews of 30 minutes each

Interview Questions
    Interviewed for a SDR position, but accepted an internship.

Sales Development Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Marketo in September 2014.

Found Marketo through a website. Saw that they posted their sales development representative role. I applied through that website (forgot which one. Could have been jobvite). Then I got an email saying that I had a phone interview with one of the managers. The manager actually didn't call me on our appointed date but a couple of days after. I was still able to get the phone interview. About a week later, I interviewed in person and got the job.

Director of Channel Sales Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Marketo in September 2014.

Well organized meetings of key stakeholders and HR. Each department was represented with a welcoming dialogue that included both challenges and historical success. Teams where honest and forthcoming with position expectations.

Interview Questions
    • How would you drive revenue in a new vertical for Marketo?   Answer Question
    Strong competitive offer.

Sales Development Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Marketo in September 2014.

I was fortunate enough to be informed of Marketo by a family friend, and was invited to a networking event they held in SF. I spoke with an Account Executive who would eventually turn out to be my boss. He was not necessarily warm and nice, but he seemed smart and sharp. I went in for an interview a week later. They really want you to understand the website, and essentially just want you to be able to understand and sell their product. Go in with a positive attitude, and they love the "I'm the top dog" attitude. Sales is a position for confident people, so the worst thing you could do is be bashful. Good Luck.

Interview Questions
    I had no negotiating power. They hired me as an intern/contractor and I was happy for the work.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Marketo in September 2014.

This was definitely one of the better interview processes that I've been through. The process was a bit lengthy and interviewed with over 5 people but that's simply because management tried to figure out what role was the best fit for me. I initially applied for the Account Executive position but long story short - I was asked if I would be open to taking a step backwards into the SDR role (in the most respectful, and non-demeaning way). That being said, the majority of the Account Executives at Marketo are promoted from within and they know the product inside-out.

I had no SaaS experience prior to applying to Marketo but I did have 2-3 years of successful sales experience. Yes, I did take a pay-cut to be here but I also did my homework before accepting the offer and saw the value in working here for the long-run. I also did read a lot of the reviews on Glassdoor - I can't speak on behalf of the people that had a negative experience and/or gave a bad review but you will be happy here if you want to be here. Everyone that I've met so far is very nice and helpful - it is a fun environment but at the same time everyone works hard. I've worked at a few different companies and to be completely honest this is the first time that I've been surrounded by so many people that are bright, driven, and fun - all at the same time.

On another note, the perks here are great. Good benefits, room for growth (which is actually true unlike what a lot of companies say - I've seen people get promoted already within the short amount of time that I've been here), snacks, food, beverages, coffee, gym (not the best - but they will pay for a portion of your existing gym membership elsewhere or if you decide to sign up for one), shuttle from several parts of the Bay Area, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work at Marketo? Why would you be an asset to Marketo?   View Answer
    The salaries for the different levels of SDRs are fixed (at least to my knowledge) but based on my years of experience they gave me a comfortable salary for the time being. I took this job with a short-term goal of 12-15 months of being promoted to an AE.