Marketo

Marketo Marketing Interview Questions

2.8

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Marketing Interview

I had a phone interviews that went wonderfully & got me very excited about Marketo.
After those they invited me in for an in person round of interviews with the team. It was fairly standard questioning with 3 team members

Other Interview Reviews for Marketo

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Marketo in March 2013.

Loved every aspect of this company. They are high energy and you feel it with every touch point. The interview process is very thorough and well-explained before you arrive. You know exactly whom you will be meeting with and their influence in the hiring decision.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle the situation where someone took credit for your idea?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Marketo in June 2012.

The process I went through was fairly lengthy but methodical, and in the end, worked to my advantage, as I think I ended up in the right position.

I initially went in to interview for a position different from the one I received an offer for (this apparently happens often here). This was based on my skill set being a better fit for a job that was opening up a few months down the road.

So I waited and eventually came in to interview for the other position. I had two rounds of interviews with some mid and senior level people; and the interviews were more Q&A style with the mid-level folks, and more conversational with the executives.

Overall the process was fairly smooth and logical. I'd say that given the pace of growth (the employee count has almost doubled this year alone) and the associated challenges, the company is managing the hiring process fairly efficiently. The 3 month duration I noted had more to do with my coming back for the position that opened up a few months later than any gross inefficiencies with their processes.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question was more of a discussion about my own skills and passions as they related to different functions of the job, and stack ranking them. Tough because the interviewer obviously had some opinions formed about which skills they thought were most important, and they are looking for you to stack rank those at the top. If you're not sure what they are looking for, it's a crap shoot. So best thing to do is to simply be honest, which is how I approached the exercise. On the downside, I didn't get that first job offer. On the plus side, that exercise led me to be considered for the job I ultimately got.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marketo in January 2012.

I had phone interviews and then I was asked to come in to the office. HR said the company wanted to meet with me ASAP "this week" and I gave my availability. A day was selected. If i ever take a day off I always give advanced notice so everything is covered while I am out. I requested the day off at my current job. Then, Marketo went silent. I ended up having to take the day off for no reason. They contacted me again asking to reschedule and ask what days I'm available. They don't have good organization skills.

Interview Questions

They originally told me they wanted to see me ASAP and when the day was all settled they went silent for a week. This shows what kind of culture they have and I don't want to be a part of a organization like that.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Marketo in July 2009.

I was not in the area, so my interviews were conducted via the telephone. The questions were professional and related to the position. Questions were about technical knowledge and best practices. I spoke with two people- a peer and the hiring manager. The position was extended to me promptly and between my acceptance date and the move date I was able to visit the office while searching for housing.

Interview Questions
    • Questions about my particular expertise- in areas like PPC, SEO, etc.   Answer Question