Marketo

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marketo in December 2009.

Phone interview with the VP of Sales. He wanted to understand my experience and then spent a good amount of time selling me on Marketo. "It's a fast growing pre-IPO SaaS company. We see ourselves as the Salesforce.com of '99". One on one interviews with Director of Customer Success, Sales team members, and then the CEO. I did not meet with the VP of Marketing, which I thought was odd considering that their offering and his role as co-founder. These guys are easy if you know SaaS and are hungry.

Interview Questions

I didn't get a positive feeling for the culture meeting everyone separately.

Other Interview Reviews for Marketo

Sales Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marketo in August 2010.

Spoke with the manager by phone, brought in for an interview, met several people that seemed tired of interviewing people. There are no cubes in this place, and the hard offices are paper thin.

Overall, I would say the atmosphere felt like Boiler Room in my opinion. The conversation centered on bringing in your number and working 10 hour days- trying to impress with the first in last out mentality. Not really my kind of culture, though they have been very successful against their competitors.

Interview Questions