Marketo

Updated Jan 8, 2015

2.8

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marketo.

Initial "screening" round though a school's career day. Spoke to two representatives, who asked me about my work. Both were really nice. Then I was invited onsite. I had three interviewers - two who were very nice, and one who was very rude. After briefly asking me questions about myself, he assumed I couldn't do the technical question and gave me a spiel about how new engineers need to be "up to speed" because they aren't given any training or support setting up their environment. Then he asked me if I "wanted to do the technical question". Of course, I did it quickly and correctly, and he apologized. Then he made the question harder. As I worked through the second question, he would interrupt me saying "okay, okay" in an irritated manner. He even said "I don't know what you're doing, but okay". He then proceeded to tell me I was wrong, without even let me walk through my initial solution. Irritated, I just finished the interview following his lead. I ultimately came up with the solution he wanted, but I would never consider working at Marketo after that. After all, I wouldn't get any training, right?

Interview Questions
  • tell if 2 rectangles intersect, find all pairs that sum to a number in a sorted list, basic sql   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Marketo

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Marketo.

Interview process was similar to most companies. First they discussed about some details about the projects in my resume and then coding. The questions I encountered were reverse integers, reverse words in a string and find longest substring with only two unique characters.

Interview Questions
    • Find the longest substring with only two unique characters with time complexity O(n).   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Casual culture at their workplace - perception. Was asked a single question in the web based remote interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

interviewed at Marketo in April 2012.

first a phone screen, which ask both code and brain teaser, then bring me in for f2f interview. It a group interview with four ppl. They are nice. The whole process takes only 45 mins. Then it is done, after wait for half year without any notification. I know I am be declined.

Interview Questions
    • some javascript, java question. As well as some project in my resume   Answer Question