Markit Interview Questions

Updated Jul 25, 2015

2.9

Client Services Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Markit (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

Moved very fast. Referred by a friend. Interviewed over the phone, in person, 1:1, and in front of a group. Interview lasted about 2 hours. Interviewers all very friendly and helpful. provide feedback.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Markit.

Interview

There are two round. 1st round for the phone interview, 2nd round is on-site for three guys. People there are quite friendly and the questions asked are quite basic. There're no difficult technique questions, but the behavior questions should be prepared well.

Product Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Markit (Dallas, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process was pretty straightforward. They asked mostly personal questions and how you heard of the company. There was a short quiz that had some brainteasers before the interview.

Financial Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Markit.

Interview

Very friendly and helpful. Meet key members of the team and relevant teams through 4 rounds of interviews. Questions cover both technical and personal behaviors. Very nice team and working environment.

Implementation Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Markit.

Interview

I applied via LinkedIn. The recruiter was extremely nice and advised she would forward my resume over and would reach out to me either way. A couple of days later I had an on site interview with the hiring manager. The site seemed pretty cool, had a laid back atmosphere, and it seemed very young. I'm 34 yrs old and felt like a senior citizen. Hiring manager was very cool once I got to meet him. Prior to meeting him I had to take a timed test on my SQL skills. It's a paper test and has about 10 questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you rate yourself on SQL? How much experience do you have working on multiple projects?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations. Offer was a little lower than I had expected however, this company does give yearly bonuses which would bump me up. Plus the managers and recruiter advised that raises are given yearly. So, I'm optimistic and will give it a year for off site role. If they want me to take the on site roll in the future I need a dramatic raise.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Markit.

Interview

1st round was with HR. General questions, resume screening. 2nd round was with directors. More discussions on the teams. 3rd round was with a director and an analyst to study internal materials.

Interview Questions

• What improvements would you make to the argument at hand?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Markit in January 2015.

Interview

Ask me have I ever went to the presentations held by them. What I learned from it. It was a skype interview at my college. The interviewer was very nice, I directly tole her I was nervous and she tried to ease me.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Markit (New York, NY).

Interview

Reveiced email to attend Company visit then email to participate in HR interview, all completed within 3 weeks and was promptly updated with timeline of recruitment activities. Very efficient process overall. HRs were responsive and patient.

Interview Questions

• Some technical questions to evaluate how much you already know about CDS, option pricing and so on.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Markit in December 2014.

Interview

applied online. Got a phone interview and was asked about basically resume question. A week later got an onsite interview and there were 3 interviewers with half an hour each. Not much technical questions, and interviewers are all friendly.

Interview Questions

• what could be a possible reason that a call option value decreases despite underlying stock price increases?   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Markit in December 2014.

Interview

Applied online. 1 Week Later I got a phone interview with a senior developer. Two days following this, I got asked to do a sit down interview with 4 senior developers. They were very friendly and the interview took about an hour. Half of it was personality, the other half was the technical which was not too difficult.

Interview Questions

• Explain a block of jQuery code and find a name for what it does.   Answer Question