Markit

Relevance Date Difficulty

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Boulder, CO

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Markit.

Interview Details – Initial contact with the HR team was superb, with regular and informative communication.

Interviews were scheduled with six different team leads initially, more were added later as well as a member of the executive team for final sign off. The interviews were short, two people at a time, back to back three in a row on my first visit. A second visit was the same format with fewer total people only a few days later.

Interview Question – I breezed through this interview, there were no difficult questions as the interviewing team leads did not seem to have a specific format or any interview training. If anything I was impressed by their lack of preparedness when hiring someone at almost a six figure range.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Ask for about 20% more and you'll do well.

Associate Analyst Interview

Associate Analyst
Naperville, IL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Markit.

Interview Details – Applied Online, got an email after a week to schedule a time for a phone screen with the HR.
The HR screen was basic, asking about relocation, work authorization etc.
The next day I got an email to schedule an interview with a VP from the team.
It was a skype interview, which lasted for 1 hour. The questions were a mix of behavioral and technical.
After a week, I was invited for a group/panel interview, 3 rounds with a group of 3 people each.
The interviews were on skype, and lasted for an hour each. I was asked technical as well as behavioral questions.
I got a response after a month saying that they had decided to go with another candidate.

Interview Questions

• Two companies have the same financials, one has a higher beta than the other, will their valuation differ? How and why?   Answer Question
  • How would you evaluate the significance of a regression model?   Answer Question
  • What are the drawbacks of the Black Scholes pricing model?   Answer Question
  • What is Ito's Lemma?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager

Interviewed at Markit

Interview Details – Technical interview with manager followed by fit interview with team.

Interview Question – What did you know about Markit before you interviewed?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate

Index Analyst Interview

Index Analyst

I applied online and interviewed at Markit.

Interview Details – They are asking questions that is not relevant to the daily tasks

Interview Question – how to hedge tail risk   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Markit in February 2014.

Interview Details – We have an alumni in Markit. So she arranged a information session for us with the vice president of recruitment. And I sent my resume to the VP of Recruitment. Two days later, I got an interview. actually the interview is tomorrow.

Interview Question – The interview is tomorrow.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I hope I will get an offer

Network Engineer Interview

Network Engineer

Interviewed at Markit

Interview Details – Great people there, very nice and professional.

Interview Question – Have you ever thought of leaving your present position before?   Answer Question

Assistant Vice President Interview

Assistant Vice President
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Markit in November 2011.

Interview Details – Hired through a recruiter. Met with 3 senior staff (via telephone) for frist round. Second round was with immediate boss and 2 other peers. I was considered for 2 positions and asked to choose one at then end. In hindsight I chose the wrong position for me based on how the roles were described. This was acknowledged within 3 months, and I was moved to the other position immediately.

Interview Question – Question regarding convexity and relative size based on trade details.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

QA Lead Interview

QA Lead
Addison, TX

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Markit in August 2013.

Interview Details – I arrived 15-20 minutes early for the first interview. The HR lady made me wait until 25 minutes after our scheduled start time. That's a pretty long wait. After a quick handshake the HR lady made me take a 3 hour assessment. I left the office that day with no information about the company.. and didn't even meet the QA Director (hiring manager). I committed 3 hours of my time.. arrived early.. and an extended wait just to be met.. led to a conference room.. and sat down to take this assessment. Then after I finished.. gave the stuff back and left. The assessment was pretty detailed.. I mean I can write a lot of stuff in 3 hours. Two days later they called my 3party recruiter.. and wanted to do a 3 hours multi team interview... We got that scheduled and I went in. I've been in QA awhile, over 10yrs.. and am very technical.. I can write code.. I've been a contributor on open source projects.. very specialized in SaaS type work. (which aligned with their products). The first meeting was with the QA Director, he was a nice guy. very talkative.. but very nice.. knowledgeable in QA but you could quickly tell he was not a QA guy "lifer".. He had moved into the role from other departments. This attitude was prevalent throughout Markit. No one is in QA because they have a passion for it.. So the meeting with him went ok, but I could start to tell that Markit was going to be one of those companies.. where people just 'pass through' QA and no passion for the role would mean a very boring.. partially adequate department.
The next meeting was with "three QA Managers.. or leads.. (not really sure of there real roles).. i mean "leads" there are really singular testers on a project.. not really a true definition of a lead.. Anyway. The 3 "managers" I met with were very unimpressive. You could tell they didn't read the Assessment that I did.. or even look at my resume before meeting with them. Quite frankly I was disappointed in their preparation.. The previous day I spent 3 hours doing a very detailed. project plan, test plan, test cases and sample defects.. a very in depth assessment and that obviously didn't get read nor was my resume even read before they met with me. The Managers were also lackingl in the questions they asked and they asked absolutely no technical questions whatsoever. The Managers were pretty young guys.. Its very possible they've never really interviewed anyone professionally before. I felt like I was interviewing for a fast foot job.

Interview Question – one of the guys asked me to make a test plan for mailing a stapler. quickly realizing that he didnt read my assessment, I quickly thought up the Who, What,When,Where,How,How Long and responded accordingly   View Answer

WSO Associate Interview

WSO Associate
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Markit.

Interview Details – The staff were very nice and the process were relaxing. They will give you a 20 minutes quizz on some simple math problems and interest rate calculations.

Interview Question – What is one goal that you did not accomplish?   Answer Question

Sales Support Interview

Sales Support
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Markit in March 2013.

Interview Details – The first interview was just with HR, and she asked standard questions such as "why do you want to work at Markit", strengths and weaknesses etc. That went well and she had me go back the next day to meet with the hiring manager. The HR lady said to ask for her again, but she was not in the office, and no one else told the hiring manager that I was there. When I mentioned it to the receptionist at the scheduled interview time, she pretty much just blew me off. So I'm not sure if the hiring manager assumed I was late, but the assistant came to the front 15 minutes into the scheduled time to look for me. I think they are somewhat disorganized and the HR lady definitely had an attitude.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected, typical interview questions.   Answer Question

Worked for Markit? Contribute to the Community!