Markit Interview Questions

Updated Sep 20, 2014
Updated Sep 20, 2014

2.9

EDM Implementation Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Markit.

I received first a call from HR. After our chat, an office visit was scheduled. This visit included a timed test, conducted by the hiring Mgr. After reviewing your test, the Mgr will continue with the interview. If you pass this round, a call with Sr. Mgmt will be scheduled.

Questions aren't hard. What do you know about the company? The financial market? Your position? Have you done this? How would you do that? etc.

Interview Questions
    • When asked about the financial markets. I was interviewing for a IT position. But since what we are working with and who our clients are are those in finance, they were curious how much/little we know.   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Markit.

The entire process was super fast and done within 1 week. Everyone were very helpful and provided a lot of information regarding the position. It looks like they have a solid training program as well. One phone interview+onsite interview. I thought I didn't do that well for the onsite, but still got the offer within 3 days.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult. Just went over some past experience and asked if you already know anything relates to the position   View Answer
    No I didn't. It was a little low but just wanna get out of my current position.

Assistant Vice President Interview

Was interviewed by two of my future managers, and four of my future peers. They were cordial, and I did well in the interview. So came out of it feeling well. I received my formal offer from my future manager a couple of days later.

Intern Interview

I had a skype interview that was very informative. I feel like they asked more personality based questions than employment specific questions, which is good. Markit does a lot of training "on the job" meaning you have to think quick on your feet and bring something original to the table.

Interview Questions
    • My interviewer didn't ask very many specific questions related to my role, she was more interested in how i problem solved and approached my tasks everyday.   Answer Question

Associate, EDM Implementation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Markit.

Talked with the VP of Recruitment after applying on LinkedIn. She was very sincere and friendly; I quickly received an on-site interview with the EDM team.

The interview environment was very calm and comfortable. I really enjoyed speaking with the managers over this team; and would recommend them to other individuals.

Interview Questions
    • Be aware of the financial industry which Markit serves. (Competitors, Types of Investments, etc...).   Answer Question

Personal Reasons.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boulder, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Markit.

Initial contact with the HR team was superb, with regular and informative communication.

Interviews were scheduled with six different team leads initially, more were added later as well as a member of the executive team for final sign off. The interviews were short, two people at a time, back to back three in a row on my first visit. A second visit was the same format with fewer total people only a few days later.

Interview Questions
    • I breezed through this interview, there were no difficult questions as the interviewing team leads did not seem to have a specific format or any interview training. If anything I was impressed by their lack of preparedness when hiring someone at almost a six figure range.   Answer Question

Associate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Naperville, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Markit.

Applied Online, got an email after a week to schedule a time for a phone screen with the HR.
    The HR screen was basic, asking about relocation, work authorization etc.
    The next day I got an email to schedule an interview with a VP from the team.
    It was a skype interview, which lasted for 1 hour. The questions were a mix of behavioral and technical.
    After a week, I was invited for a group/panel interview, 3 rounds with a group of 3 people each.
    The interviews were on skype, and lasted for an hour each. I was asked technical as well as behavioral questions.
    I got a response after a month saying that they had decided to go with another candidate.

Interview Questions
    • Two companies have the same financials, one has a higher beta than the other, will their valuation differ? How and why?   Answer Question
    • How would you evaluate the significance of a regression model?   Answer Question
    • What are the drawbacks of the Black Scholes pricing model?   Answer Question
    • What is Ito's Lemma?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Technical interview with manager followed by fit interview with team.

Interview Questions
    • What did you know about Markit before you interviewed?   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate

Quantitative Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Markit in April 2014.

I applied for the quant research position in Chicago, IL (i.e. Naperville). The first interview was a 20 minute-long phone screen, relatively simple; we spoke about MATLAB and R projects, factor models, factor analysis, Fama-French portfolios. Tip: read up on your portfolio theory. The second round interview was a 4 hour Skype session, interviews by 4 separate teams.

Interview Questions
    • Everything is straightforward, portfolio-theoretic questions, no tricks / brainteasers involved.
      -Can you explain what a GARCH model is?
      -What is the "market portfolio?"
      -What is your reasoning for the minimum-volatility anomaly?
      -How would you "clean a data set?"
      -How would you handle an outlier?
      -Give X number of factors that you think are useful to model returns on a stock from Y industry.

Interviewing team also may test your knowledge outside of pure data mining, e.g. an accounting question " Can you explain what is free cash flow? How would you find it?"

Always have a couple of stock pitches, just in case. They like to know if you're well-read on current market events: "Ebay or Amazon? Tesla or GoPRO? etc. etc."
        View Answer

Index Analyst Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Markit.

They are asking questions that is not relevant to the daily tasks

Interview Questions

Worked for Markit? Contribute to the Community!