Markit

Updated Jan 23, 2015
Updated Jan 23, 2015

2.9

Internship Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Markit.

1st round was with HR. General questions, resume screening. 2nd round was with directors. More discussions on the teams. 3rd round was with a director and an analyst to study internal materials.

Interview Questions
    • What improvements would you make to the argument at hand?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Markit.

Reveiced email to attend Company visit then email to participate in HR interview, all completed within 3 weeks and was promptly updated with timeline of recruitment activities. Very efficient process overall. HRs were responsive and patient.

Interview Questions
    • Some technical questions to evaluate how much you already know about CDS, option pricing and so on.   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Markit in December 2014.

Applied online. 1 Week Later I got a phone interview with a senior developer. Two days following this, I got asked to do a sit down interview with 4 senior developers. They were very friendly and the interview took about an hour. Half of it was personality, the other half was the technical which was not too difficult.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a block of jQuery code and find a name for what it does.   Answer Question

EDM Implementation Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Markit.

I received first a call from HR. After our chat, an office visit was scheduled. This visit included a timed test, conducted by the hiring Mgr. After reviewing your test, the Mgr will continue with the interview. If you pass this round, a call with Sr. Mgmt will be scheduled.

Questions aren't hard. What do you know about the company? The financial market? Your position? Have you done this? How would you do that? etc.

Interview Questions
    • When asked about the financial markets. I was interviewing for a IT position. But since what we are working with and who our clients are are those in finance, they were curious how much/little we know.   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Markit.

The entire process was super fast and done within 1 week. Everyone were very helpful and provided a lot of information regarding the position. It looks like they have a solid training program as well. One phone interview+onsite interview. I thought I didn't do that well for the onsite, but still got the offer within 3 days.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult. Just went over some past experience and asked if you already know anything relates to the position   View Answer
    No I didn't. It was a little low but just wanna get out of my current position.

Assistant Vice President Interview

Was interviewed by two of my future managers, and four of my future peers. They were cordial, and I did well in the interview. So came out of it feeling well. I received my formal offer from my future manager a couple of days later.

Intern Interview

I had a skype interview that was very informative. I feel like they asked more personality based questions than employment specific questions, which is good. Markit does a lot of training "on the job" meaning you have to think quick on your feet and bring something original to the table.

Interview Questions
    • My interviewer didn't ask very many specific questions related to my role, she was more interested in how i problem solved and approached my tasks everyday.   Answer Question

Associate, EDM Implementation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Markit.

Talked with the VP of Recruitment after applying on LinkedIn. She was very sincere and friendly; I quickly received an on-site interview with the EDM team.

The interview environment was very calm and comfortable. I really enjoyed speaking with the managers over this team; and would recommend them to other individuals.

Interview Questions
    • Be aware of the financial industry which Markit serves. (Competitors, Types of Investments, etc...).   Answer Question

Personal Reasons.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Markit.

Initial contact with the HR team was superb, with regular and informative communication.

Interviews were scheduled with six different team leads initially, more were added later as well as a member of the executive team for final sign off. The interviews were short, two people at a time, back to back three in a row on my first visit. A second visit was the same format with fewer total people only a few days later.

Interview Questions
    • I breezed through this interview, there were no difficult questions as the interviewing team leads did not seem to have a specific format or any interview training. If anything I was impressed by their lack of preparedness when hiring someone at almost a six figure range.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Markit in July 2014.

They found my resume through my college career site. I had a phone interview with some idiot who had worked there for 3 months and was right out of college. After speaking I clearly realized I was significantly over qualified and stated that and thanked them for their time. Well they didn't get the hint and the individual I had talked to refered me for another position and they asked me to come in and interview. Once I interviewed I realized it was for another entry level spot and these individuals clearly did not look at my resume and after speaking with the two women I interviewed with they realized I had more experience than they did. I thanked them for wasting my time and I was ticked off because the woman I had been emailing with I specifically stated I did not want an entry level position like the previous phone call I had which she stated it was a mid level position. When they told me the salary was $30k I laughed because that's a fraction of what I make now. Total waste of time.

Interview Questions
    • None they clearly cannot answer a simple question of is this an entry level job.   Answer Question