Markit

Updated Nov 6, 2014
Updated Nov 6, 2014

2.9

Implementation Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Markit in May 2014.

I applied through their LinkedIn posting and got an email from HR based in New York 2 weeks later to setup a phone interview. HR went through my resume and asked me about my experience with SQL and relational databases.

After passing the phone screening interview, I was told that he will send my resume to the hiring manager in Toronto who will contact me within a week to setup an in-person interview. I didn't receive anything from the hiring manager in a month. I sent an email as well as left voicemails to HR but they went unheard.

Vice President Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Markit.

Markit has one of the most professionally managed interview process I witnessed in my life. Each level has been well planned and chruns a interviewee at all the angles of life. Markit has great focus on recrutiment and they leave no stone unturned to do / judge whatever it takes and get the right candidate.

Interview Questions
    • Question asking your view on the current global economic conditions and Indian political outrust can actually let you think that "is this an interview question?". But this is to know how broad thinker and open you are to the world.   Answer Question
    Very open and professional

Associate (Product Service Analyst) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Markit in April 2014.

Interview process started with telephonic Round.Total process took 2 weeks.4 telephonic interviews and one face to face round with Executive director .The interview process was very smooth.Questions were basics and related to profile which they were offering.some of those are as follows:
    1.what is security finance lending.
    2.what is short selling.
    3.what is repo?
    4.what is tri party repo?
    5.which financial instrument would you suggest to a person who is going to retire for investment purpose.
    6.difference between zero coupon bond and deep discount bond.
    7.what are various governments bonds that are available in Indian market(Diff Maturity periods).
    8.difference between bond and debenture.
    9.how RBI keeps a control on the inflation.Do u think RBI has done well to keep the inflation under control.
    10.difference between futures and options.
    11. whats are derivatives?
    12.considering the current scenario of Indian stock market which sector and stock would you recommend for investing and why.( this was asked because I told them that I have been trading in Indian market from past one year)
    13.what is role of a depository.
    14.what are various regulatory bodies in India.
    15.what is money market.?

There were also plenty of questions related to my internship.several general questions were asked like:
    Are you comfortable to work in shifts?
    what do you think what would be the biggest challenge that you would face in the job?
    What skills do you have and how do you think these would help you in the job.
    Strengths and weakness.

Interview Questions
    • If Government of India defaults on bond payments and all the assets are seized by various regulatory bodies.how can the government pay as it doesn't have any money to pay bond holders.This question was asked in the HR round I was wondering if this is a HR round or what??   View Answer
    Company has a fixed scale for freshers so I wasn't able to negotiate.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Markit in March 2014.

Streamlined interview process with precise information passed for each step by HR.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Markit in February 2014.

Communication and description of Job role was precise and detailed. A well-defined interview process. Met with very good intellect interviewers
    HR SPOC was very nice to guide on every step of interview process. Final HR round was real pick of the lot as recruitment head emphasized on understanding my domain knowledge, professional and personal approach towards the offered role and organization . Markit has great focus on recruitment and they leave no stone unturned to do / judge whatever it takes and get the right candidate.

Interview Questions
    • They ask about what you did and ask most questions on practical work   Answer Question
    Elaborative and was structured based on practical needs

Vice President Interview

domain related, project management, business analysis, case studies

Vice President QA Interview

The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Markit in January 2014.

Simple and Easy. Was approached by a Mancer Consultant. Had first telephonic that lasted for an hour that discussed basic qa concepts and details on the current work exp plus team management.

Was called into the offices for a video con with the head of qa and the questions remained on the current role plus discussed challenges if the role being offered. Had another face to face with Director Qa and head of testing at Noida. The questions were simple and focussed on team management and basic principles.

After a few days had a Hr Discussion where in we discussed the + ve and - ves at the current company plus the current and the expected comp.

Interview Questions
    • Will you prefer to lead a team an existing team or a new team ? Challenges in both?

Questions around Performance and Career Management if Employee?

Questions around what the role is and how do you suit the role?

Comfort level jn leading big teams

How do you build relations with colleagues?

Basic Qa Management and Qa Principles

Surprisingly No Domain related questions given the nature of the products company offers

Answer Question

Markit was not able to meet the salary expectations.

Tip: Discuss the max comp offered at the beginning.

IT Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Markit.

Progressed from 3 phone interviews to 4 30 minute 1-2-1 interviews.
    Communication good, but difficult to identify decision maker(s). Interviews a mix of experience and competency questions. Smart offices, but place seemed strangely dead and subdued. The employees I met were friendly, but, with the exception of the HR contact, were not brimming with enthusiasm or commitment.

Intern Interview

online application, them someone from the HR sets a date for an interview

Structured Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Markit.

Got an email to invite for an interview initially. Interview lasted about 20 mins. Asked about my experience and skill set, especially related to pricing.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewer told me they have ran out of new ideas and ask me to come up with initiatives.   Answer Question