Marks & Spencer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 29, 2015

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Helens, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Helens, OR

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Marks & Spencer in November 2014.

Appied on line was told straight away I was succesful was given an interview for mon 3/11/2014 I was told straight away I had passed the assessment they took my bank details ect recived a call this morning 05/11/2014 saying I had got the job

Customer Assistant Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Marks & Spencer.

Interviews was very easy, firstly it was group session which included some activities. Session lasted for about half a day. It was followed by one to one interview which was very easy. basic usual question.

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Exeter, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Exeter, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marks & Spencer in March 2015.

Very Smooth process, overall 2 weeks, online application is straight forward, and you know straight away if you get an interview is great! The interview itself was extremely laid back and easy if you do your research, the "role play" is nothing to be scared of, I just had to help find an alternative shirt to the one which was out of stock and upsale alot! M&S are a tad unreliable to contact and find out info so recommend to keep in contact with school, I phoned up and was offered my induction there and then, though on the day this did not go to plan I have to go again because f a muddle up, but staff are so lovely and seems like a great company so far!

Deli Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cheshunt, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cheshunt, England (UK)

I applied in-person – interviewed at Marks & Spencer in March 2015.

Online application took me some time to fill in and to go through the different test they send me.nothing difficult,but require patient and maybe use of internet if you are not sure about some answers.than,I get invitation for interview.first,They gave me 5 cards with informations to use for role play.you have to sell,sell,sell...and the key to the success is to smile and be polite for customer,ask the questions,give information's about promotions,deals etc. You do not have to read all information from the cards,just try to be familiar with the products ,and you always can look on the cards when in the role play.SMILE,be friendly because they are☺After,they told me I am successful in the role play and ask me usual interview's questions.Search they website and you find all the answers they want to hear.Tell them how great is they customers' service...

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for us?
      Why do you thing will be good for this position?
      What will you do as a deli counter?read job description!!!!!

View Answer
    I had my holiday booked,and have no problem to negotiate the start day.

Customer Service Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Marks & Spencer.

I applied online. The online process took me around an hour. On the next day I was invited for an interview. I had to bring my ID, National insurance card, etc. The interview was really nice the recruitment team is very friendly. They asked me basic questions like why M&S, why do we need to hire, what's make an unique candidate, about Plan A.

Customer Service Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marks & Spencer.

After get through the online test, you will receive email which invite to attend the Assessment Center. On that day, you will be given a scenario about customer, and require to deal with that customer (one of an interviewer will act as a customer).
    If you perform well enough, your future Line Manager will come for 1:1 interview.

Interview Questions
    • Performing a scenario in front of judge, prove that you care about customers and can deal with their demand/queries   Answer Question

Graduate Food Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Marks & Spencer in February 2015.

Range of activities, one group, the rest one-on-one. Interviewers swap around the rooms so you have a different assessor every time. Assessors are all managers in the company and I found all but one to be really friendly. Relatively relaxed atmosphere, tasks are very interesting too. I was given a presentation to prepare prior to the day, the competencies interview was very very long.

Interview Questions
    • How do you motivate people that have been in a job/team longer than you to follow your ideas?   Answer Question

Customer Assistant- Temporary Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Marks & Spencer.

The application process was straight enough. I applied online followed by questionnaire which lasted around 30 ish minutes. The questionnaire was mainly about how would you act in different situations with customers. The results were immediate and then had to select the date for interview.
    The interview was of two stages: Role play followed by an interview with the manager.
    In the role play, I was given a list of the menswear (could be anything even foods, ladies wear) like their descriptions, availability of different colors, latest promotions, current stock level etc. I had 10 minutes to have a look about all of them and to makes notes in a paper that they provided.The assessor then comes as a customer and asks questions just like a customer who is unable to find something and help them.
    The success of role play is being calm, welcoming and smiling. It is essential to state the promotional offers and also help a customer (assessor) by saying that a product can be ordered online if it is out of stock. These are the key things what they look for.
    If the role play stage is cleared, then it is an interview with the manager.
    Since, it was very busy times during Christmas, I didn't have a formal interview. I was just asked about my availability and if I had any experience.

Graduate Retail Management Scheme Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Marks & Spencer in January 2015.

4 stage process: (1) Online application; (2) Online tests, numerical and verbal reasoning; (3) Telephone/video interview; (4) Assessment day.

I had the telephone interview which consisted of standard competency-based questions. As I am aware, the video interview is very similar, however speaking to a blank screen and recording your answers.

The assessment day consisted of a group exercise, a role play, an analytical study and presentation, and finally a one-to-one interview. Took all day, but they provide lunch, refreshments and even pay for travel!

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to change a way of working.   Answer Question

Retail Management Grad Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Marks & Spencer in January 2015.

Six stages including application form, numerical and verbal reasoning, sotuation judgement test, personality questionnaire, 30 minute telephone interview and 9 to 5 assessment day. The latter consisted of a group exercise, presentation & analysis, role play, competency based interview, lunch and tour of the store. They were very friendly and made me feel at ease. Despite having no background in retail or management, enthusiasm goes a long way.

Interview Questions
    • Competition in the retail sector?
      Challenges facing th sector in the next 5 years?
      Why I wanted the job?