Marks & Spencer Interview Questions in London, UK

Updated Jun 20, 2015

2.6

Customer Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Marks & Spencer (London, England (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

very quick after an online application, interview was four days later, online was questions about how you would react to various situations you might come across in a store, with multiple choice eg what would you do if a customer was shouting at your colleague, or if a product was out of stock

Interview Questions

• what makes good customer service, I failed as i wasn;'t enthusiastic enough.   Answer Question

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Marks & Spencer (London, England (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

For the first interview I had a role play and had to answer basic questions about why I would work for M & S and why they should pick me. I was then given the job there (Temp). For my Permanent interview I had to do a very short role play and have a conversation with a manager.

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself
      Why should I select you over any other

Retail Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Marks & Spencer (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Online Application, followed by numeracy and verbal psychometric tests and situational judgement questionnaire. I was then invited for a phone interview, which was a cold experience with an outsourced interviewer who kept cutting me off. I was then invited for an assessment day and final interview, which consisted of pre-work in the form of a personality questionnaire. At the assessment day, there were three activities, which tested everything from your leadership skills to commercial awareness. This was followed by a face to face interview. I waited two months to hear their response.

Interview Questions

• General competency questions: a time that you dealt with a challenging situation in a team, a time that you had to lead a team, a time that you challenged a person in authority. Also questions geared towards the company and industry: Why M&S? What are the challenges for M&S? What are the challenges of multichannel? etc.   Answer Question

Deli Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cheshunt, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Cheshunt, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

Online application took me some time to fill in and to go through the different test they send me.nothing difficult,but require patient and maybe use of internet if you are not sure about some answers.than,I get invitation for interview.first,They gave me 5 cards with informations to use for role play.you have to sell,sell,sell...and the key to the success is to smile and be polite for customer,ask the questions,give information's about promotions,deals etc. You do not have to read all information from the cards,just try to be familiar with the products ,and you always can look on the cards when in the role play.SMILE,be friendly because they are☺After,they told me I am successful in the role play and ask me usual interview's questions.Search they website and you find all the answers they want to hear.Tell them how great is they customers' service...

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us?
      Why do you thing will be good for this position?
      What will you do as a deli counter?read job description!!!!!

1 Answer

Negotiation

I had my holiday booked,and have no problem to negotiate the start day.

Graduate Food Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Marks & Spencer (London, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

Range of activities, one group, the rest one-on-one. Interviewers swap around the rooms so you have a different assessor every time. Assessors are all managers in the company and I found all but one to be really friendly. Relatively relaxed atmosphere, tasks are very interesting too. I was given a presentation to prepare prior to the day, the competencies interview was very very long.

Interview Questions

• How do you motivate people that have been in a job/team longer than you to follow your ideas?   Answer Question

Retail Management Grad Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Marks & Spencer (London, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

Six stages including application form, numerical and verbal reasoning, sotuation judgement test, personality questionnaire, 30 minute telephone interview and 9 to 5 assessment day. The latter consisted of a group exercise, presentation & analysis, role play, competency based interview, lunch and tour of the store. They were very friendly and made me feel at ease. Despite having no background in retail or management, enthusiasm goes a long way.

Interview Questions

• Competition in the retail sector?
      Challenges facing th sector in the next 5 years?
      Why I wanted the job?

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clacton-on-Sea, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Marks & Spencer (Clacton-on-Sea, England (UK)) in November 2014.

Interview

when I applied online I had to go through a choice based questionnaire and place them into how I rate them along with most important least important then a video with what you would do with the given situation in the video this lasted around 40 minutes
    I was then told to pick a date as I had passed the test and it showed a number of dates and I picked one
    On the day of assessment/interview I had to go the information desk and sign in I was then taken upstairs to the waiting room I only waited about 5 minutes before I was invited in once in I was introduced to the 2 ladies who interviewed me and made to feel at ease I was then told I would be doing a role play they left me with the details of the role play which was to do with a lady cooking a vegetarian lasagne and had come in for butternut squash but we were out of stock and I made the suggestion of sweet potato instead and made some suggestions for the other meals and said about new potatoes' going with a certain meal
    I was given a sheet once finished that said what did I do well and why what could of I done better and why
    I was then introduced to the line manager who carried out a very simple interview with the normal questions nothing unexpected

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Commercial Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Marks & Spencer (London, England (UK)) in November 2014.

Interview

Initially I was contacted through LinkedIn, this was then followed by an phone interview, very basic, which then led to a mock assessment via email.
    Commercial Analysis with action plan presentation for 90mins, swot plan with 30, 60 & 90 day actions. This is then followed by 30min interview, about previous experience and what you can offer the business.

Interview Questions

• Why would you give a manager opportunity to fail, when you were briefed that they were a problem.   1 Answer

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sevenoaks, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Marks & Spencer (Sevenoaks, England (UK)) in November 2014.

Interview

they`ll ask you a lot of the usual questions: why do you want this job? how did you find out about it? etc etc. everything pretty standard. then they`ll give you a role play task to do, don't worry, you`ll have a few minutes to learn the main points (not long enough to learn everything though), then you`ll act out the situation given with the interviewer playing the customer who has a problem ( in my case it was a customer who was vegetarian and didn't know what to get for a dinner party for vegans only).

Interview Questions

• why working for M&S?
      have you ever worked in retail? if so, tell me about a good and bad moment you`ve had while working.
      do you plan to move elsewhere soon? as I said before, all standard questions.

Customer Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marks & Spencer (London, England (UK)) in November 2014.

Interview

this interview was my first ever interview. I was scared going into it although the person taking it was so friendly which helped calm my nerves. This really helped me settle before the informal interview. The interview was more about getting to know me and my opinions more so than formal questions. I found the person taking the interview easy to talk to which really helped. it was a calm atmosphere