Marquette University

Updated Sep 14, 2014
Updated Sep 14, 2014

2.7

Program Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Marquette University.

Standard interview process. First go through round of phone interviews, then in-person interviews. My areas had lots of contact with students, so there were a lot of questions on how I interact with them. The interview itself only took about an hour and was fairly painless, mostly conversational. It's difficult to say how interviews are held university-wide, however, as Marquette (like most universities) is a fairly "silo-ed" place with different departments doing very different things, and needing very different characteristics from their employees.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marquette University in August 2014.

Applied online, and received response for a meet and greet via phone within 48 hours. After the meet and greet was complete, I was invited in for a interview, approximately a week later.

Interview Questions
    • There was no difficult questions, I prepared for the interview very well, and utilized glass doors website. Question that I was most prepared for was: How do you handle conflict in the workplace?   Answer Question

Communications/Advancement Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Marquette University.

Submitted Online Application software was very buggy and unsure if was submitted so resubmitted No email , phone or written response. I waited over two months to hear anything. Gave up and never head from even though position still listed at last viewing. Very curious seems as though listing are just holding spots in many cases waiting for funding.

Research Assistant Interview

I got an interview chance from an assistant professor in Marquette University firstly and had a short phone interview. The process was quite concise and happy, but I didn't hear about the results for about 6 weeks. I wrote an email to the professor before the due date and didn't get a reply.
    Luckily, I got an offer from another professor in Marquette University directly without an interview. So, I accepted this offer.
    Additionally, I also got an offer from the first professor after the due date, the reason that the professor didn't reply was that he was struggling to get a fund to support a RA.

Human Resources Interview

Straightforward interview process. Phone screen and two onsite interviews. Very corporate. The team was already formed; meaning that there were long-term existing relationships that a newbie would have to overcome. The interview process also had a lot of questions about staying longer-term (which is great) so the focus was really about what types of contributions could be made over a longer period of time.

Interview Questions
    Negotiation was nonexistant. Offer was take it or leave it.

Desk Receptionist Interview

I signed up for an interview time when I turned in my application. The interview consists of a panel of 3 current students--1 current apartment/facilities manager, 1 new apartment/facilities manager, and a current desk receptionist. They ask you typical questions like what are your strengths and weaknesses and when is a time you have had to deal with diversity or be assertive. Once you leave they give you a numerical score--most of the applicants receive a similar score. Basically you just need to show that you are available, are responsible, and are assertive.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you have had to confront someone   Answer Question

Desk Receptionist Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Marquette University.

The interview takes about a half an hour and is with 3 current student employees of Marquette. It is a simple interview asking about past experiences and how you would handle certain situations, as long as you don't say " I want to get paid to do my homework" you should be able to easily get hired.

None

Student Employee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Marquette University in November 2013.

You have to meet with the manager here once and you have the job. Be sure to call back to determine the fate of your application

Interview Questions
    • How can you handle a person who is being difficult at reception?   Answer Question
    It was a standard pay and a standard set of hours, good for a student

Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Marquette University in June 2012.

Hiring took forever -- 9 weeks: one phone screen, three rounds on on-campus interviews, including one with the Asst VP, two different writing assessments. This was a great deal of scrutiny for the position, especially since they switched my team to a different supervisor after I had been there one month. Considering I was laid off 17 months after I was hired, I don't think the right hand was talking to the left.

Interview Questions
    • Neither difficult or unexpected, but applicants needs to be able to discuss in length what the Jesuit mission means to them. Do a lot of research on MU before applying and expect hiring to go very slow.   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate -- I received what I asked for.

A/V Tech Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Marquette University in January 2010.

Fairly straightforward online application process which allowed for the applicant to choose their top three departments. This increased the chances of getting an interview, which was good. The interview itself wasn't too hard, and at only one meeting, wasn't drawn out at all. Overall, it's a great place to work with even better people

Interview Questions
    • Describe one time you've failed and how you've used that to motivate yourself in the future?   Answer Question