Marriott

Getting the Interview

7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Administrative Assistant

I applied online and interviewed at Marriott.

Interview Details – Submitted resume and was contacted in 2 days for an interview.

Interview Question – Hiring manager asked questions about situations at your previous job and you had to answer in the form of STAR.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No

Administrative Assistant

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Marriott.

Interview Details – Applied online through Marriott's website, received a phone call from department head. Preliminary discussion over phone about job role/expectations, my basic background, etc. Set up an in-person interview, many standard questions (Tell me about yourself, Describe a situation when you...) and a great overall interaction with the department head and hiring assistant. I interviewed on a Wednesday & the position was to be filled on that Friday. Called the interviewer for follow-up on Friday (had emailed on Thursday morning) and was not selected for position, but my resume was passed along to the GM for future consideration

Interview Question – "Tell me about a situation when you didn't have enough time to get everything done"   Answer Question

Bethesda, MD

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Marriott in March 2010.

Interview Details – Marriott's environment was very friendly. The people there understood the culture that Marriott works so diligently at portraying. Interviewing was relatively at ease, and the computer testing was run-of-the-mill. Follow through, regarding contact about the next steps, was lacking, as I called for weeks on end, but had no response. Finally, after about three (3) weeks of persistence, they told me that the position had actually been cancelled.

Administrative Assistant

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Marriott.

Interview Details – The process took over a month. The corporate office was slow in returning calls and completeing forms with the local on site team. Aside from that, it was impersonal.

Interview Question – What are you strengths and weakness?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there wasnt one

Administrative Assistant

I applied online and interviewed at Marriott.

Interview Details – Interview was a lot shorter than expected. I was only asked a few typical interview questions. Interviewers made me feel very comfortable and were very polite. Definitely a good experience overall but wish they would have asked more questions and I would have had time to explain myself more.

Interview Question – Explain a time you had to work with a difficult person in a team setting.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Marriott in August 2009.

Interview Details – I first had a phone interview with someone from HR. Got the call back from the Director of the position I was applying for. Came in for the interview about 3 days later. I interviewed with 2 people at the same time. I ended up not getting the position.

Interview Questions

Administrative Assistant

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Marriott in October 2009.

Interview Details – Applied for position online, completed personality test. Was called in for a group behavioral interview about 10 ten days later. Offer was extended less than a week after in person interview. The behavioral process was the STAR method of interview. You were coached to describe a situation, task, action and result when prompted about certain situations within the workplace. Majority of questions were work related.

Interview Question – How have you dealt with a difficult person?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I negotiated on salary but request was denied over the phone. I accepted position regardless, but was signed off on a higher salary on the first day of orientation. Increase was roughly .70 per hour.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Marriott

Worked for Marriott? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Marriott Administrative Assistant interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Marriott employees and interview candidates.