Marriott Administrative Assistant Interview Questions

Updated Jan 5, 2015
Updated Jan 5, 2015

2.7

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Marriott.

Interview

You will have to apply online, then the waiting game starts. If your resume is picked, you will get a phone call from the recruiter who will set you up with a phone interview with the hiring manager. Then they'll ask you to come in to meet with different people to interview with. They have a list of questions to ask such as "how you managed to resolve a last minute task" or "how to deal with co-workers who are not personable". A lot of "Can you think about a time when...."

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Marriott

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Marriott.

Interview

Submitted resume and was contacted in 2 days for an interview.

Interview Questions

• Hiring manager asked questions about situations at your previous job and you had to answer in the form of STAR.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Marriott.

Interview

Applied online through Marriott's website, received a phone call from department head. Preliminary discussion over phone about job role/expectations, my basic background, etc. Set up an in-person interview, many standard questions (Tell me about yourself, Describe a situation when you...) and a great overall interaction with the department head and hiring assistant. I interviewed on a Wednesday & the position was to be filled on that Friday. Called the interviewer for follow-up on Friday (had emailed on Thursday morning) and was not selected for position, but my resume was passed along to the GM for future consideration

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about a situation when you didn't have enough time to get everything done"   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marriott (Bethesda, MD) in November 2010.

Interview

The hiring and interview process happened quickly. The professionalism should be adopted by other companies. Whether you are hired for the job or not, the recruiters do follow ups, to avoid and applicant waiting by the phone

Interview Questions

• What has been your most challenging experience, either personal or professional   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, the salary was set, and I accepted

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marriott (Bethesda, MD) in March 2010.

Interview

Marriott's environment was very friendly. The people there understood the culture that Marriott works so diligently at portraying. Interviewing was relatively at ease, and the computer testing was run-of-the-mill. Follow through, regarding contact about the next steps, was lacking, as I called for weeks on end, but had no response. Finally, after about three (3) weeks of persistence, they told me that the position had actually been cancelled.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Marriott.

Interview

The process took over a month. The corporate office was slow in returning calls and completeing forms with the local on site team. Aside from that, it was impersonal.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there wasnt one

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Marriott.

Interview

Interview was a lot shorter than expected. I was only asked a few typical interview questions. Interviewers made me feel very comfortable and were very polite. Definitely a good experience overall but wish they would have asked more questions and I would have had time to explain myself more.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you had to work with a difficult person in a team setting.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marriott in June 2011.

Interview

interview process was really easy, basic behavioural questions. talked about previous experience and salary exception and why i wanted to work for the company and what i could bring to the company.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Marriott in October 2009.

Interview

Applied for position online, completed personality test. Was called in for a group behavioral interview about 10 ten days later. Offer was extended less than a week after in person interview. The behavioral process was the STAR method of interview. You were coached to describe a situation, task, action and result when prompted about certain situations within the workplace. Majority of questions were work related.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I negotiated on salary but request was denied over the phone. I accepted position regardless, but was signed off on a higher salary on the first day of orientation. Increase was roughly .70 per hour.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at Marriott in August 2009.

Interview

I first had a phone interview with someone from HR. Got the call back from the Director of the position I was applying for. Came in for the interview about 3 days later. I interviewed with 2 people at the same time. I ended up not getting the position.