Marriott

Marriott Interview Questions in Arlington, VA

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Regional Director of Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Marriott in March 2012.

A highly scripted process was in place when interviewed for a Sales position. The overall scenario and interaction felt very sterile - quite unlike the natural rapport building that happens in sales interactions - and in most Marriott interactions, inside and outside HQ. The process appeared to feel uncomfortable for the panel of interviewers as well. I wonder if they learn what they really need to know about a candidate to judge their capabilities for a job?

Interview Questions
    • Describe the most difficult selling situation you encountered in which you were unsuccessful.   View Answer

Offer was for a lower level position at 50% of my current salary. It felt insulting.

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Marriott in March 2012.

When Applying all people must apply through Marriott's Website which will filter you, If you want to get noticed, You must call the department manager of the position you are applying for and introduce yourself. You can get their email easily, and send them a nice note. Anything to set yourself apart, make sure you ask questions about specific processes i.e. Guest Surveys and how the hotel is ranked. These are important to managers. Its also important to ask about coworkers, come with a notepad with some questions, wear a shirt and tie at minimum, ask about the types of guests the hotel caters to this is important.

Interview Questions
    • What are your weaknesses? *this was worded a bit differently but same idea   View Answer
    Although I attempted to negotiate I believe Corporate sets the pay scales, I am a very good negotiator unfortunately you would have to apply for a different job to start off at a higher wage. Embassy Suites offered me a job as well which I declined and paid more, had very comparable benefits, I chose Residence Inn for the people who I spoke with I loved the Managers I started with

Night Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Marriott in January 2007.

Came in and they asked some general questions. Tell me a time when you had to complete a difficult task. What did you do? How will you react when you disagree with a manager? Are you available 24 hrs per day and be on call?

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, take it or leave it offer.