Marriott

3.3

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Assistant Director of Finance and Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Marriott in November 2012.

On campus two person interview, one asking questions, the other writing answers/notes. Second round is an "on-site" interview at a Marriott hotel. Single interview with two people, however this time they both ask questions. After the interview there was a benefits overview and free lunch (from the hotel which was excellent).

Interview Questions
    • Questions mainly pertained to self-motivation; working under pressure; team environments; being a leader, etc. Very typical entry-level finance questions. There were some minor technical questions on understanding basic accounting finance concepts, but nothing you shouldn't know.   Answer Question

Too much variability in where you could be located after completing the 3 month training program.

Group Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Marriott in February 2012.

As with all Marriott interviews, follows the STAR process (situational interviews). Come prepared with a Situation/Task, Action and Result from past applicable experiences to roughly 8-10 questions that will be asked!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you were unable to win over a team to gain buy-in over a major business decision.   Answer Question
    Negotiation was pretty rigid, could tell they manage payroll closely but was still a fair competitive offer based on others I was given at Hilton, Hyatt.

Manager In Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Marriott in September 2010.

My university does corporate recruitment, and I interviewed first at school, then traveled out of state for a second and final interview. After this they sent me an offer within a few weeks. They were by far (I interviewed with 6 companies) the kindest and most genuine. Almost made it easy to be there.