Marriott Concierge Interview Questions

2.2

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Concierge Interview

You have to go through a 3 step interview process with 3 different departmental managers. They ask a range of questions from standard to theoretical. They asked me questions about previous positions as well what my strengths and weaknesses are. They are a strict hotel company to work for, but they treat their employees well.

Other Interview Reviews for Marriott

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaither, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaither, MD

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Marriott.

2 days of interviews, 3 managers total

Concierge Interview

Job Fair - 3 interviews with 3 different managers / Called back 1 month later for interview at the hotel.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Marriott in April 2009.

It begins with the usual, the tell me about yourself questions, past work experience, all that jazz. Then the next series of questions are, give me an example of how you satisfied a displeased guest, unruly guest and handling conflict with co-workers.

Concierge Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in St. John's, NL (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in St. John's, NL (Canada)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Marriott in June 2011.

If you are a clean, well kept and happy individual then you have nothing to worry about. Just be honest and and smile and the position is yours.

Interview Questions
    • Make sure you are educated on things to do in and around your community.   Answer Question

Concierge Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Marriott in April 2008.

I went to the hotel itself and they gave me a form to fill in. i filled it in and a week later i was called back for an interview. Important to dress smartly so wore a suit. Interview was held in their lounge bar area with the duty manager.
    He asked me a number of questions about myself to see what kind of person i am. They are all about how you present yourself, clean nails, clean shaved etc. Have to have a knowledge of the local areas, good to know good restaurants, shopping areas, roads, walk paths etc. You also get questioned on how you would deal with hotel guests in certain situations. Especially problematic guests.
    Was a great job as concierge. Was 17 when i started and had no previous job experience. Made loads of money from tips which i kept all to myself.
    Was a great first job, of which i highly recommend. Decent pay as well.

Interview Questions
    • what would you do in a situation where the guest is complaining to you about one of your services?   Answer Question