Marriott

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Marriott

Interview Details – You have to go through a 3 step interview process with 3 different departmental managers. They ask a range of questions from standard to theoretical. They asked me questions about previous positions as well what my strengths and weaknesses are. They are a strict hotel company to work for, but they treat their employees well.

Interview Question – What is one thing that you can improve on?   Answer Question

Gaither, MD

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Marriott.

Interview Details – 2 days of interviews, 3 managers total

Interview Question – So, why Marriott?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Marriott

Interview Details – Job Fair - 3 interviews with 3 different managers / Called back 1 month later for interview at the hotel.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Marriott in April 2009.

Interview Details – It begins with the usual, the tell me about yourself questions, past work experience, all that jazz. Then the next series of questions are, give me an example of how you satisfied a displeased guest, unruly guest and handling conflict with co-workers.

Interview Question – What are your weaknesses?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

St. John's, NL (Canada)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Marriott in June 2011.

Interview Details – If you are a clean, well kept and happy individual then you have nothing to worry about. Just be honest and and smile and the position is yours.

Interview Question – Make sure you are educated on things to do in and around your community.   Answer Question

Concierge

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Marriott in April 2008.

Interview Details – I went to the hotel itself and they gave me a form to fill in. i filled it in and a week later i was called back for an interview. Important to dress smartly so wore a suit. Interview was held in their lounge bar area with the duty manager.
He asked me a number of questions about myself to see what kind of person i am. They are all about how you present yourself, clean nails, clean shaved etc. Have to have a knowledge of the local areas, good to know good restaurants, shopping areas, roads, walk paths etc. You also get questioned on how you would deal with hotel guests in certain situations. Especially problematic guests.
Was a great job as concierge. Was 17 when i started and had no previous job experience. Made loads of money from tips which i kept all to myself.
Was a great first job, of which i highly recommend. Decent pay as well.

Interview Question – what would you do in a situation where the guest is complaining to you about one of your services?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Marriott

Worked for Marriott? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Marriott Concierge interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Marriott employees and interview candidates.