Marriott Front Desk Clerk Interview Questions

Updated Feb 27, 2015

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Marriott in February 2015.

the interview was brief, painless, and my interviewer was very welcoming.
We sat down and she shot off some questions.
She was very relaxed and laughed at my joke I cracked. it was a nice environment for the interview and I felt at home. She shook my hand as I approached, I clicked with her. she was very comforting and inviting

Interview Questions
  • Why should we pick you? how do you handle high stress situations?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Marriott

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Marriott in June 2013.

I applied online, which was a pretty extensive application that took 30 minutes or so to complete. Got a call about 2 weeks later and set up a face-to-face interview. They were having a job fair, so even though I had a scheduled interview time, I had to wait for about 30 minutes. I first met with the HR person where we briefly went over my resume. Next, I met with a manager, which probably only lasted for 15 minutes or so. They didn't ask any situational questions which surprised me.

Interview Questions
    • What was your best/worst hotel experience.   Answer Question
    • If we got three or four of your friends to describe you, what would they say about you?   Answer Question

I got a job offer in another field, where I felt more comfortable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goleta, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goleta, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Marriott in July 2012.

The location I applied to had a ton of applicants, mostly because it was still under construction and they were seeking a full staff by opening time. I was afraid that I'd be rushed in and out during my interview, but was very surprised that the interviewer and I spent about 30 minutes together even with a ton of people out in the hallway! They definitely take the time to get to know you, and see if you mesh with their customer-oriented vibe.

Interview Questions
    • There are high expectations for the Marriott brand, and if offered the job, you would be the "face" of the hotel. How does this knowledge affect you? As in, will it affect your performance (better/worse), your anxiety levels, etc.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marriott in April 2011.

I applied for this job online. I heard back in roughly 3 days. They brought me in for an interview with the assistant general manager. After talking with her for about 20 minutes the general manager came in to interview me as well. She basically told me I got the job on the spot pending the results of a drug test. The questions were general interview questions. About a week after I took the drug test they called to give me a start date.

easy

Anonymous Employee in Foxboro, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Foxboro, MA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Marriott in March 2010.

The Testing process was all online. The interview was the typical "tell me about yourself" and "what would you do in this situation" type of interview. They seemed understaffed and a little disorganized. They stressed how you had to be available all hours, including snow storms and in a state of emergency. The had rotating shifts, and couldn't offer a regular schedule. The pay was low. They ended up hiring from within, and I felt they should have told me right from the start that they were considering an in-house candidate. In the end, it felt unprofessional and like a waste of time. Don't think I'd pursue employment there again.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Marriott in May 2009.

First was the personality test online. I guess most companies have them now. it is submited online with the application.

Then a phone interview. that was brief and pleasant. just asked basic questions like years of experience, why i was interested in the position etc.

Then came the face to face interview with the front office manger

After another interview with the AGM (this one forcuesd on demonstrating customer service eg, name a time when you wow'ed a guest

then the last one with the GM. this was more general on what i know about the marriott brand etc..

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you went above and beyond to satisfy a guest   View Answer
    • What are your future goals with the company?   Answer Question
    Yes able to negotiate given experirnce in hotel industry for 3 yrs.