Marriott

11 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Plymouth Meeting, PA

I applied online - interviewed at Marriott in May 2013.

Interview Details – It was a pretty standard interview process, and they have a set of questions asked at every marriott hotel. I was interviewed by both the operations manager, and the general manager. It was sort of like have my first and second round interviews together, i assume. I had a very positive experience, overall.

Interview Question – What was the most challenging experience you had and how did you overcome it.   View Answer

Guest Service Representative

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Marriott in March 2014.

Interview Details – Send my resume and cover letter to hiring manager, got contacted 2 days later and asked to apply online. After online application, got a phone interview (about 10 minutes, been asked to tell about myself), then a face-to-face interview (about 30 minutes, hiring manager + front desk manager; questions: tell about myself, why applying to Marriott, 5 years plan, situation questions; then they let me ask question, then we talk about salary, benefits, promotion...)
I got the job offer at the end of the interview in the office.

Interview Question – Tell a situation when I worked with someone that I had nothing in common with, what did I do.
Situation when I had to make a decision without consulting my manager.
Situation when I brought something new to a company.
  Answer Question

Auburn Hills, MI

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Marriott in April 2013.

Interview Details – Job was posted on University website. I applied there. Was contacted within two days and set up an initial interview. My initial interview was one on one with the general manager. Over a week went by and was contacted for a second interview. Second interview was with direct supervisor. Then was contacted within two days offered the position. Then had paperwork and was officially hired within a few weeks of initial application date.

Interview Question – What is your proudest moment?   Answer Question

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Marriott.

Interview Details – I filled out an application online. It's a good idea to visit the hotel and/or call to express interest in the opportunity. I also had the benefit of a Marriott employee referral.

I was called in by the assistant general manager to interview and then completed a second interview with the general manager.

I was hired from there and determined my start date as well as filled out new hire paperwork.

Interview Question – Questions about my work history. They wanted to ensure I was worth hiring. Overall, I wasn't sure the AGM was interested in hiring me due to his very cut and dry approach.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I negotiated requested a dollar / hour more in pay. Mgmt met me half way.

Lexington-Fayette, KY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Marriott in February 2013.

Interview Details – Sent cover letter and resume to hiring manager. Was called two days later offering an interview at the hotel. The interview lasted about 45 minutes. It consisted of asking questions about my work history, education/qualifications, situational questions and information about the company. I was contacted about a week later offering me the position.

Interview Question – The situational questions required me to reflect upon a situation in my previous jobs when there was an issue with a customer. I had to explain the issue, how I handled both the issue and the unhappy customer, and how I made the situation better.   Answer Question

Huntsville, AL

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Marriott.

Interview Details – Interview process was great. Basic question, she mainly tried to asses how friendly I was and if I would fit in with the staff she had for the front desk.

Interview Question – There wasnt one!   Answer Question

Miami, FL

The process took a day - interviewed at Marriott in January 2012.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by the Front Desk manager first, then the Area manager, and Finally their boss. It took about an hour and a half and was pretty intensive. I got an offer off the bat. They ask open ended questions such as "Have you ever had a work experience were you came short of your expectations" and "Have you ever seen a coworker struggling and what did you do about it?" It was about 20 questions like this. I did not get any questions about my previous experience. They just want to see how you handled different situations in the past. The 2 questions that caught me most off guard are "Why do you want to work at this Marriott" (specifically) and "Where do you see yourself in a year?" Just because they are so direct and you know your answer could make or break the interview!

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in one year?   View Answer
  • Have you ever had an experience where you anticipated the customers needs?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Marriott has great benefits and offered a better salary than the other places I applied. Given I dont have any previous hotel experience, I took the offer off the bat.

Whippany, NJ

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Marriott in January 2012.

Interview Details – Was called in for an interview after filling out application on company website. Met with the Managers who were very nice, very comforting and easy to speak to. Right from the begining the salary would not work for me. I do repect this company and the management although we could not work something out. If you can work for a low salary than this would be a good foot in the door and I'm sure you will be happy with management there, I was very impressed.

Interview Question – Describe a difficult customer you may have had and what did you do to resolve the issue?   Answer Question

Guest Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Marriott.

Interview Details – Previous job experience in customer service is a MUST. Mostly all interview questions are based on previous experience in high-stress situations/work relationship with other employees/situational questions.

Interview Question – Have you ever had to deal with an angry/unhappy fellow employee?   Answer Question

Guest Service Representative

The process took 4 days - interviewed at Marriott in October 2009.

Interview Details – the day i came in for my interview i was given my application to fill out.my interview process and everthing with this company was rather different. i called the hotel after passing by and stopping in and saw how beautiful it was.then after i decided to give the hotel a call and let the general manger how wonderful the hotel was and how it would any at all possible to be apart of his team(this was via voicemail). two weeks later i was given a call to come in at 2pm that day to start the application process and recieved my first interview the same day.which went great. i was asked, where do you see yourself in the next 5 years?, are you looking for advancement at all?, how do you deal with drama in the workplace?)which i felt was a little unprofessional). second interview, i was interviewed with what i consider to be a unplanned group interview with the general manager, front office manager and human resources which really re capped things from the first interview as far as the questions.

Interview Question – how would you handle a guest that came down to you as a night audit agent and is frantic of the fire alarm just being alarmed? and you are considered a manger at 12am at night and you have to evacuate the premises.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Marriott

Worked for Marriott? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Marriott Guest Service Representative interview questions and advice. All 11 interview reviews posted anonymously by Marriott employees and interview candidates.