Marriott Housekeeping Interview Questions

Updated Mar 3, 2015

1.9

Housekeeper Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Marriott.

Interview

I was called in for an interview a day after completing the application. The housekeeping supervisor interviewed me. She asked basic questions. Most of the interview she informed me about the company, its goals, and expectations of employees. She went over the job duties and responsibilities. You have to take a drug test, and when the results come back you will be offered the position. Test results come back in 2-4 days. The whole process took about a week.

Interview Questions

• What do you find the most challenging part about housekeeping? What qualities do you have that make you a good housekeeper? Do you have experience? The rest of the interview was mainly conversation.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Marriott

Housekeeping Interview

Interview

It was a smooth process and I loved the professionalism with what I was treated with. They are all about customer satisfaction and they make sure the inform new employees about it.

Negotiation

smooth process

Housekeeper Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Marriott in August 2014.

Interview

I applied for the position online and was eventually called on the phone. The screening process took awhile (a couple weeks I think), so don't be discouraged if you apply and aren't called in for an interview right away. On the phone I was asked a few basic interview questions, and then asked to come in for an interview the following Monday. The interview itself wasn't too bad. The guy asked mostly situation-based questions (Describe a time when __, then explain what you did and what the results were...). My interviewer was very professional and polite.

Interview Questions

• What has been your favorite customer service moment?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Marriott (Duluth, MN).

Interview

Interview took place within the common area. Didn't last too long and was offered the job on the spot. Questions were not that hard, just basic interview questions. More of a conversation setting.

Housekeeper Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Marriott.

Interview

Applied in person, I talk directly to housekeeping hiring manager, no difficult question was asked only tell me about yourself and work history. Signed a background check paper but I'm still waiting for the result, it's been 2 weeks and a half but still haven't got a call from them

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Marriott (Rochester, NY) in July 2012.

Interview

Applied online with Resume...A few weeks later HR called me I was given a brief telephone interview and then asked to come in the next day. When I came in I had to fill out another application (no biggie) and then waited for the manager to interview me, She was very easy going and polite the interview consisted of past scenarios and future ones the interview lasted about 25-30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your past jobs?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Salary is non negotiable I was told off the bat in the phone interview how much I would be making if offered employment but was told after 3 months you are eligible for a raise!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Marriott (Lancaster, PA) in April 2010.

Interview

There was a set day for applications to be received. I walked in filled out an application, it was reviewed, and I met with several managers. I was hired same day and went straight from filling out an application to taking a drug test, and started two days later. Super simple progress, and was an easy interview.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really unexpected. Standard questions, and no surprises. Basically do you want to work and please don't steal from us.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Was offered a standard starting rate and notified about the raise structure.

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Marriott (Miami, FL) in January 2010.

Interview

Pretty good organize but after the interviewer saw how much i was making in New York, she asked "is that for real ?"

Interview Questions

• Money moneeey there is a huge difference in salaries between the north states and the south states (even in the same company)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Marriott (Rochester, NY) in July 2009.

Interview

Started off really basic, just the simple questions. It worked on my benefit to know information about the company before hand. (which is something everyone should do before they go to an interview). Lasted 30minutes+

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Williamsburg, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Marriott (Williamsburg, VA) in May 2008.

Interview

I was not interviewed through this company, but through an international agency