Marriott

Getting the Interview

313 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Marriott

Interview Details – emailed one week after application. Received a phone call from the company asking questions and invited in for a first interview. Went in and spoke with the manager about previous work experience.

Interview Question – Would you be interested in positions in housekeeping?   Answer Question

Bartender Interview

Interviewed at Marriott

Interview Details – Longest interview for bartending ever! I was there for over 3 hours, and met with 5 people. They will all ask the same questions. "examples of when I had to deal with difficult customer" "example of a stressful situation" etc

Interview Question – "How would you get someone to buy a drink who didn't initially order one?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Wasnt much negotiation. Wasn't much room for compensation growth

Very Easy Interview

Cook II Interview

Kansas City, MO

I applied online - interviewed at Marriott in March 2014.

Interview Details – I filled out an application on line , out the many that were sent to me daily #ThankYou and I went to interview , passed my drug test #OfCourse andi was hired within a week , what a blessing!!!!!! And they said it would be awesome working alongside of me , talk about building morale , This will be the highest paying job i ever had . !!!!! Im a single mother , and glass dor made my dreams a reality .

Interview Question – Work history , but i filled out a secodary app and everything was fine   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy as pie and fairly easy

Guest Service Representative Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Marriott in March 2014.

Interview Details – Send my resume and cover letter to hiring manager, got contacted 2 days later and asked to apply online. After online application, got a phone interview (about 10 minutes, been asked to tell about myself), then a face-to-face interview (about 30 minutes, hiring manager + front desk manager; questions: tell about myself, why applying to Marriott, 5 years plan, situation questions; then they let me ask question, then we talk about salary, benefits, promotion...)
I got the job offer at the end of the interview in the office.

Interview Question – Tell a situation when I worked with someone that I had nothing in common with, what did I do.
Situation when I had to make a decision without consulting my manager.
Situation when I brought something new to a company.
  Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Copley, OH

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Marriott in March 2014.

Interview Details – Went in for an application. They had it emailed to me and I had to go have it printed and bring it back. Ugh. But fine. I jumped through the loop and I added my resume in instead of completing the application's work history section. I had NO hotel experience just a year or two of retail. I highlighted my customer service skills and my knowledge of basic office equipment and hoped for the best. I got a call for an interview the same day. Interviewer was very nice and relatable. I could see why he was in the hospitality industry. I was asked very few typical interview questions...NONE of them were difficult if you have any home-training. I was asked about my pay expectations, why I wanted to work there, the "tell me about yourself" question, asked what i thought the position would be like, told what it would be like, told about some of the policies, asked if i had any questions, etc. Very basic. Interviewer did most of the talking.

Interview Question – If you are on the phone and have two guests waiting in line to check in and a third guest comes up and says there is a leak in their room. What would you do?   View Answer

Guest Services Representative Interview

Auburn Hills, MI

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Marriott in April 2013.

Interview Details – Job was posted on University website. I applied there. Was contacted within two days and set up an initial interview. My initial interview was one on one with the general manager. Over a week went by and was contacted for a second interview. Second interview was with direct supervisor. Then was contacted within two days offered the position. Then had paperwork and was officially hired within a few weeks of initial application date.

Interview Question – What is your proudest moment?   Answer Question

Guest Service Agent Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Marriott.

Interview Details – First, you will be telephone screened like most organization today do. If you sound sane, you will be asked to come in for an interview. Your best bet is to answer everything honestly and show concern for other people. It is the hospitality business, so you must have patience and empathy to fit in.

Interview Question – So you are looking for a job? Think twice about how you answer this question   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – If it is not salary based, you will have to make a good point to be paid more. However, the pay is competitive

Greeter Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Marriott.

Interview Details – I was looking for a Summer Job for when I got back from College, and a family friend recommended that I apply at the Marriot in town. They had a few job openings and the Human Relations department was very helpful in choosing the best one with my former work experience. Everyone couldn't have been more helpful with the whole process.

Interview Question – When can you start?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Marriott

Interview Details – I went in to the hotel at the time and date we arranged via phone call, I sat down with the Assistant Manager and the Front Desk Lead. It wasn't stressful. They asked me questions about my resume and we went over the job description I was applying for. They were very respectful and welcoming.

Interview Question – I can't think of any. They were very orthodox with their questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They were understanding of the current job I had at the time and we negotiated my start date and training process.

Event Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Marriott in March 2010.

Interview Details – Starts with a phone interview if you are selected from applicants. The recruiter is employed by an outside company and it's really a pre screening-mostly annoying because these people don't even understand the job you might be doing. Then they have you take an online assessment, more about the type of person you are and how you work. In person interview uses the S.T.A.R format so Situation, Task, Action, and Result. Make sure to have some good examples so you can answers those.

Interview Question – S.T.A.R format is hard and definitely need to prepare-example give me an example of a time something didn't go as planned and you answer in that format.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I never had to negotiate because salary was always fair

Interviews for Top Jobs at Marriott

Worked for Marriott? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Marriott interview questions and advice. All 313 interview reviews posted anonymously by Marriott employees and interview candidates.