Marriott Interview Questions

Updated Jul 30, 2015

2.6

Interview

Interviewed with the Director of Sales and GMs. They Never got back to me ...yes or no.. finally after over 6 weeks and many unreturned phone calls and emails I sent the GM a message on LinkedIn. Next day the Director of Sales calls me and leaves a VM asking me call back, I did and off course no response again.... Disappointed to see a Marriott brand in the NY metro area so unresponsive to prospective employees.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Marriott.

Interview

It was the first-round interview. I was asked to go into a room and there was only one interviewer in it. The interviewer asked me a few questions about my personality.

Interview Questions

• What's the biggest obstacle I have ever met? Did I solve it? If so, how?   Answer Question
    • What's the biggest achievement I have ever made?   1 Answer
    • What's my strengths?   Answer Question

Front Desk Interview

Interview

Was hired on the spot. They really liked me. The guy and I just seemed to get along. Once I got there though, I realized I was hired because it became clear to me they needed some serious help with their customer service standards.

Interview Questions

• What is a bad quality about yourself   1 Answer

Designer Interview

Interview

One hour total with multiple team members. Lovely, warm and intelligent people. Asked thoughtful and relevant questions about my design process, challenges, and how I solved various problems. Very comfortable and conversational style.

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Marriott in July 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with front desk manager and general manager on the same day. The interview was easy. Both employers were really nice. Questions were based on your resume. They told me they would call me by Friday. But I didn't received any calls after interview.And two weeks passed, no reply at all. So as one of the comments said, I finally understand that "call you later" is a bad signal.

Interview Questions

• Why you think you are the best candidate for this position?   1 Answer

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marriott in July 2015.

Interview

Applied on the company career website and got phone interview about two to three weeks. Typical "STAR" questions. The recruiter asked about ten questions. The whole process lasts about 20 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience when you successfully solved a problem   Answer Question

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marriott (Costa Mesa, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Application was online, called for an interview within a week, first interview was very extensive. A lot of in depth questions. Second interview was just meeting with the hotel director. Process was fairly easy.

Interview Questions

• Describe a specific situation in which you overcame an obstacle that you were unsure of.   Answer Question

Housekeeper Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marriott (Washington, DC) in July 2015.

Interview

The Interview took 30 minutes. I then proceeded to do the online application.It took an 45 minutes to complete. Afterwards you possibly could get a second interview. Very easy process.

Interview Questions

• How would you assist a guest that speaks a different language than you?   Answer Question

Management Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marriott.

Interview

Outdated screening process. They use questionaires that claim to determine if you are suitable for a position. However, if you don't answer middle of the road you get thru. The process is a joke. Also, the process takes too long. Online application, Online questions, phone interview, then multiple in person interviews.

Interview Questions

• If you made an error in preparing materials for your boss to present and on the day of the presentation you informed your boss but they chose to present anyway would you bring this to the attention of someone at a higher level, let it go, or disclose at the question and answer portion of the presentation that the information has been found to be incorrect.   2 Answers

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Marriott.

Interview

I was called in for an interview within one week of filling out my application. The staff was pleasant and the hiring manager along with the GM interviewed me separately. Lots of STAR type questions and the want to see that you are customer oriented.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time when you went above and beyond the call of duty   1 Answer