Marriott Interview Questions

Updated Mar 25, 2015
Updated Mar 25, 2015

2.6

Bistro Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marriott.

Applied online a week earlier and i was called for an interview a couple days after. Showed up a little late due to no parking. I met with assistant manager, she was very nice, and I guess the supervisor, who just sat and studied my resume for 20 minutes. Mostly situational questions.. All went well until they asked me about Sundays, which I said I couldn't work that much due to religious practice. I thought I'd blown it because they seemed really upset about that.
    Right after them I met with the GM who seemed nice enough but basically asked the same questions for 5 mins and rushed off. I thought I didn't get the job but they called me back 3 days later with an offer.

Interview Questions
    I was told the pay started around 11.00 and went up to about 13-14 eventually plus tips which is awesome!

Food and Beverage Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Marriott.

Well run and organized. Responded to application in a timely manner with additional details about the process, company, and position being offered. Quick turnaround for timeframe and hiring manager was efficient in the questions and discussion.

Front Desk Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Marriott in March 2015.

I was contacted via telephone to set up a personal interview. I arrived and was quickly taken back to begin the interview. I completed an initial interview and was then taken back to be interviewed by the General manager of the hotel. I was offered the position on the spot and taken back to HR for paperwork

Interview Questions
    They told me upfront what they offered and started their candidates in pay and compensation

IT Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Marriott.

Always behavioral questions. Your success depends a great deal on the STAR process (situation, task, activity, result). I interviewed with 3 different people and some of there questions were exactly the same.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to adjust quickly to a significant change in organization, department, or team priorities.   View Answer

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD
    Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Marriott.

One-on-one Interview with VP and Senior Directors, back-to-back. Interview lasted all day, with no break in between. The questions were repetitive and the scheduled kept on switching between the interview panel. The second day I came in it was only hour long with two Senior Directors—one of them was late and barely engaged with me since he was on his phone most of the time. The second on admitted not having read my resume. He asked general background question (that were covered in the resume) and with only three minutes left, asked me if I had any questions for him. Since then, I've reached out to the recruiter and hiring manager but I haven't heard back. The recruiting at Marriott is mostly handled by Aon Hewitt contractors, and they tend not to be very organized in general, but considering this is a hospitality company, I thought it would be nice to least get a "thank you for time email", even if from the system.

Interview Questions
    • Each choose three questions to ask from a pre-determined list.   View Answer

Housekeeper Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Marriott.

I was called in for an interview a day after completing the application. The housekeeping supervisor interviewed me. She asked basic questions. Most of the interview she informed me about the company, its goals, and expectations of employees. She went over the job duties and responsibilities. You have to take a drug test, and when the results come back you will be offered the position. Test results come back in 2-4 days. The whole process took about a week.

Interview Questions
    • What do you find the most challenging part about housekeeping? What qualities do you have that make you a good housekeeper? Do you have experience? The rest of the interview was mainly conversation.   Answer Question

Guest Services Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Marriott.

The two Marriott hotels in my area are mass-hiring in the beginning of the year, and since I was out of a job, I decided to interview for a fronk dest position. I interviewed with the Guest Services Manager and the Assistant General Manager of the hotel. The interview went very smoothly for me because I have a lot of work experience and have done a lot of interviews. If you have a lot of experience working at a hotel or in customer service this would be a great position for you. I believe the reason why I didn't get the job was because I was very over-qualified and I wanted a salary that's higher than they are willing to offer. But I wasn't heart-broken since one week later I received a job offer from another company.

Overall, great hotel, great people, and if you get hired I'm sure you would have a lot of opportunities to advance at Marriott since they have hotels everywhere in the world.

Interview Questions
    • 1) Why do you want to work at a hotel?
      2) What makes you a great candidate for this position?
      3) Explain a time when you had to face a difficult customer. How did you handle the situation?

Answer Question

Events Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fountain Valley, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Fountain Valley, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Marriott in March 2015.

Interview with Courtyard Marriott for entry level position. Very quick and brief. They really focus on and want you to answer the questions with concrete examples of your actions. They let you ask any questions and as many questions as you want at the end so take advantage of this.

General Accountant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marriott in March 2015.

I applied this job online and had the interview at a recruitment center. They will have 3 or 4 rounds for the interview. The manager from accounting and finance department is very nice. He introduced a lot about the duty and responsibility about the position to me. All Interview questions are very normal and can be prepared.

Front Desk Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Marriott.

Interview was painless and stress free. I interviewed with the front desk manager and she asked mebasisc questions about my background, what position I was interested in and how would I handle a difficult situation with a hotel guest.

Interview Questions
    • If a guest was angry and upset about something that was the hotels fault, how would you handle tat situation?   View Answer