Marriott

Relevance Date Difficulty

Guest Service Representative Interview

Guest Service Representative
Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Marriott in June 2014.

Interview Details – I arrived and Waited 30 minutes to be interviewed. They were conducting several interviews in surrounding rooms, as I waited. The interview was cut and dry, questions such as tell me about yourself, what are your strengths and weaknesses, what do you do now, do you have any questions for me, we'll get back to you this week after we've completed the hiring process.

Interview Question – Do you have any questions for me?   View Answer

Banquet Captain Interview

Banquet Captain
Tampa, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Marriott in January 2014.

Interview Details – Met with the Director of Food and Beverage and then they brought in the GM to interview me. Emailed me later that day and offered me the position. They asked my questions and that was it, also the banquet manager asked me a few questions.

Interview Question – They asked me to explain my past history of employment and the experiences I have had at my previous jobs.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered 12 hourly I asked what more could they do. They came back with 13.50

Front Desk Agent Interview

Front Desk Agent

Interviewed at Marriott

Interview Details – They are going to ask you very specific questions. They are looking for answers that consist of the following: A situation or task, an action that you took, and the result of your actions. They'll usually have two people interviewing you, one asking the questions and the other writing down your answers. Be specific. They want details of an actual time that this happened, if you have names or job specific tasks, or anything like that use them. They will repeat the questions or ask for other examples if you didn't answer the way they wanted you too.

Interview Question – What is your definition of common sense. I'd never been asked that before, but it came up during an interview recently. It's a great questions and I don't think there is a wrong answer but it was hard to answer   Answer Question

Guest Service Representative Interview

Guest Service Representative

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Marriott in April 2010.

Interview Details – After you have applied you will wait approximately two week while your application will be screened by a third party. If it passes scrutiny it will be sent to the department head. They will call you if your name is passed to them. When they call they will setup an interview, normally some where private and ask question and gauge your answers. This will take 20-40 minutes. Good luck.

Interview Question – Where do you want to be in 5 to 10 years. (Think about it before answering)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation.

Housekeeping Interview

Housekeeping
Duluth, MN

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Marriott.

Interview Details – Interview took place within the common area. Didn't last too long and was offered the job on the spot. Questions were not that hard, just basic interview questions. More of a conversation setting.

Very Easy Interview

Bartender Interview

Bartender

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Marriott.

Interview Details – Interview process is the same for any job in any department across the hotel. Not job specific, but is industry specific. Interviewer seemed forced to submit answers to specific non-job specific questions and was obviously irritated at this policy. M

Interview Question – What has been your biggest challenge in life?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No room to negotiate

Front Desk Agent Interview

Front Desk Agent
Boise, ID

I applied in-person - interviewed at Marriott in June 2014.

Interview Details – I applied in person, and in about a week, they called me to invite for an interview. The interview went really well. I felt at ease as if I was talking to a friend. The manager was awesome. She made me sit in an exercise chair. I thought it was funny :) Unfortunately, I never got a call back from them.

Interview Question – there were no difficult or unexpected questions. the questions were as follows: What do you think your position will be like? Why front desk is important? What is a team work for you? Do you have siblings?   Answer Question

Customer Care and Sales Specialist Interview

Customer Care and Sales Specialist
San Antonio, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Marriott.

Interview Details – My first message was a denial letter via email. Then, 1 week later I got a follow up call asking am I still interested. My first interview was a swift phone interview just going over the same type of questions asked on the application.
Second interview was scheduled immediately at the end of the call & was for 1 week after.
I went to the main office and was asked to fill out a form and was taken to a back office and interviewed by 1 lady. She asked me questions like, "what would you do in this situation?" & I was given a few scenarios & was instructed to answer using the STAR format. (State the SITUATION, name the TASK I had to do in the situation, explain what ACTION I took to handle the situation, & tell what the RESULTS of my action were.)
She then asked questions pertaining to my personality (which were easy), she took me to the floor and sat me down with a rep to listen in on a call & then asked me questions if I felt I could do the job. She asked questions about my schedule and what I would be open to & then thanked me for coming and said I to sit in the lobby. I waited about 15 min. before she came back and told me I was scheduled for the training class that would start the day after & asked me to fill out some forms online at the computer there in the office and printed my forms for the class. She explained starting wage, class hours, paid training, and welcomed me. The interviewer was very nice, classy, and laid back.

Interview Question – How would you handle the following situation: You have a guest calling and telling you they were over charged for a stay and demands their points be put back into their account.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation, she stated what the starting wage was and explained I would have an opportunity for .50 raise after training, and then I would have yearly increases and opportunity for wage increases during reviews, challenges, and special incentive promotions.

Telecommunications Technician Interview

Telecommunications Technician
Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Marriott.

Interview Details – I was contacted by phone to come in for an interview. The interview process was conducted with me and two other people the manager and supervisor for the department. I also had to come in and interview with Human resources department. While Marriott usually has you interview with General Manager of the company i did not have to do that.

Interview Question – I was asked how i would handle an angry guest at the hotel regarding information of events going on at the hotel.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I received a phone call from human resources that they wanted to hire me and would i accept the position.

Restaurant Manager Interview

Restaurant Manager
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Marriott in January 2013.

Interview Details – There were a lot of steps. I had to have 3 1-hour interviews, an online assessment/personality test, one 5-hour interview, a drug test, and 3 reference checks (one of which had to be from a previous manager)

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you couldn't get everything you needed to finished   Answer Question

Worked for Marriott? Contribute to the Community!