Marriott Interview Questions

Updated Aug 29, 2015

2.6

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Marriott.

Interview

Applied online. Was called in for an interview two days later. Felt very relaxed and enjoyed the interview. Felt like you were talking to friends rather than managers. Went over the job details, salary, etc.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions including Tell me about yourself? and Where do you see yourself in five years?   Answer Question

Guest Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marriott (Irvine, CA).

Interview

I applied online, and a few days later I received a call for an interview. I interviewed with the Operations Manager and the General Manager the same day. After both interviews I filled out pay work for a drug test and background consent. A few days later, I received an email stating that I was hired.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where you had to deal with a difficult customer and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Rooms Operations Voyager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Marriott (Chicago, IL).

Interview

LONG. Had 3 interviews, was flown to a destination for a final interview with all the other finalists from different schools across the region. Accommodations were paid for and were very nice. As long as you have your STAR method down to a science, you will do fine.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you failed, how did you overcome. Tell me about a tie when you contributed an idea, what was it and how was it received by the team.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Marriott.

Interview

It was the first-round interview. I was asked to go into a room and there was only one interviewer in it. The interviewer asked me a few questions about my personality.

Interview Questions

• What's the biggest obstacle I have ever met? Did I solve it? If so, how?   Answer Question
    • What's the biggest achievement I have ever made?   1 Answer
    • What's my strengths?   Answer Question

Bistro Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Marriott in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online, didn't receive any notification until two weeks later, I thought my application was forgotten or something. I actually got a call from who I believe was the supervisor asking to schedule an interview. Once scheduled I arrived early, had my interview on time, with everything going well. She asked basic questions, asked about my availability, etc. She also gave me her business card telling me she'll follow up within the week since they were still conducting interviews. Ended up getting an email from Marriott telling me that I wasn't chosen.

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marriott (Kansas City, MO) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview was really relaxed and everyone I met was super nice! I didn't get asked any hard questions, honestly, but when the second person joined the interview mid-way, the questions were repetitive almost exactly, so I felt like I was repeating myself at the end. The HR lady was the first person I met with, and she didn't ask me a single question, just told me everything about the position in a monotone voice. She seemed a lot less enthusiastic about her job than anyone else there. I honestly thought I had the job by the end of the interview... they escorted me out though and its been a couple weeks and didn't receive a rejection email or anything. I don't know what else they were expecting, I couldn't have done any better at my interview, and it was for a Hostess position which a monkey could do. I think they are just overly picky apparently because they are constantly posting for every position online at the one Downtown. Which is a shame because I was completely qualified.

Interview Questions

• If I called your last Manager, what would they say about you? Did you have difficult customers? How did you handle that stressful situation?   Answer Question

Front Desk Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Marriott (Albany, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied a couple weeks ago and got an interview two weeks later. It was pretty straight forward standard questions I was first interviewed by one person and then I was interviewed shortly after by the GM. They generally ask the same questions. It was definitely a friendly atmosphere I really like my potential bosses and it's exciting that they do plan on cross training their workers as front desk but also at the bistro. Really great company

Interview Questions

• greatest strength and weakness, working with a difficult employee or guest, how I would handle a difficult situation etc.   Answer Question

ShuttleDriver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marriott-Slaterville, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marriott (Marriott-Slaterville, UT) in August 2015.

Interview

friendly and Professional the interviews questions were average not hard.New hotel interviewer interview in the meeting room real open space. it take about 30 minutes.I were serve coffee and soft drink.

Interview Questions

Interview

Interviewed with the Director of Sales and GMs. They Never got back to me ...yes or no.. finally after over 6 weeks and many unreturned phone calls and emails I sent the GM a message on LinkedIn. Next day the Director of Sales calls me and leaves a VM asking me call back, I did and off course no response again.... Disappointed to see a Marriott brand in the NY metro area so unresponsive to prospective employees.

Front Desk Interview

Interview

Was hired on the spot. They really liked me. The guy and I just seemed to get along. Once I got there though, I realized I was hired because it became clear to me they needed some serious help with their customer service standards.

Interview Questions

• What is a bad quality about yourself   1 Answer