Marriott

Updated Jan 28, 2015
Updated Jan 28, 2015

2.6

Project Coordinator Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marriott.

After I sent my resume they contacted me within minutes. I did 3 interviews one over the phone and 2 in person. After I got the job they sent me an offer within a week and I started 2 weeks after that. Mostly cuz I had to give 2 weeks notice to my employer. Interview advice. Know about the company you are trying to work for. Get all the facts of who they are and what they do. Chances are, they will ask you. Also, always ask questions. And don't forget to negotiate your offer.

Interview Questions
    They asked me how much I used to make and how much I would like to make.

Banquet Server Interview

Great experience. I was able to do all 3 of my interviews in 1 day. I met with the banquet manager, the head of the department, and the general manager of the property. Received a tour and did not have to sit around waiting for anyone.

I started at $13/hour with an increase after 6 months and and another after a year. by my 3rd year I was making $17/hour

Front Desk Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marriott.

The interview process was pretty normal, I had two on site interviews and then a phone interview and that is when I got the offer. It took about two weeks total to get everything finished and with drug testing and background check it took a while for my first day to begin but after that it was all smooth sailing.

Interview Questions
    • Questions about the companies values. I was much younger at the time and didnt do the proper research so my advice would be to really focus on the Marriott company in general and the specific properties history and information, it will make you shine and make the interview a complete breeze.   Answer Question

Rooms Controller Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marriott.

Three interviews, the first one with the front desk Manager and them the Sr. Rooms Manager follow by the Resident Manager and last the General Manager. If you can pass through the Sr. Rooms Manager and the Resident manager theres great possibilities of getting the position. The most important key is to show personality and eager to learn and growth with the company.

Interview Questions
    • Not difficult questions but if you don't have experience with guest, difficult situations and decision making this interview can be difficult.   Answer Question

Kitchen Supervisor Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Marriott.

Covered all basis such as:
    -What was my Availability
    -Asked about myTransportation
    -Asked for Abilities and Strengths
    -Asked for any Q's or concerns before hiring process
    -Wanted to know my Future Goals
    -Residency
    -How I adapt in stressful Enviroments
    -Asked about Previous Employment
    -Asked When I could start working

Directed me to HR to begin the hiring process. Offered me what I had coming along with the promotion

Hostess Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Marriott in January 2015.

I found out about the job online, but decided to go in person and introduce myself. I met the supervisor but was told that I need to apply online, because they have a test that you need to pass in order to be considered (hypothetical situations and you need to say what you'd do, or how you would react, really easy using common sense). They called me in 2 days, and set up the interview the same day. I was told they needed someone fast even in the beginning and it really didn't bug me that they scheduled me for the same day, since there was enough notice in advance.

I talked to 2 people, even though it was only supposed to be one, but he had meetings and joined in later. The interview was not as scary as I though. It was my first interview of that kind. They asked me 5 situation based questions. I had a few situations in mind, but thought off 3 more on the spot. The question were for a time I dealt with a busy workplace, about team work, about solving a problem, having a difficulty and asking for help, helping a customer... I do suggest trying to think of a situation before you go in for the interview, unless you have plenty to choose from, which was not the case with me, They did say you can pull examples from work, school or just life in general.

One of the managers didn't give me any feedback, but the other one said he was pleased with my answers. He also said they normally interview 3 people, but were really in a hurry to fill the position and my qualifications were good. Told me the specifics of the job, and asked if I had question 3 times on separate occasions. Make sure you have questions. They said they were gonna call me for one more interview the next day.

I got the call really early (which was expected in order to have enough time in advance) and set up the interview for the same day (again, expected since they specified they needed someone sooner rather than later). I met the Director of Operations. He didn't ask me any questions like the first interview. It was more of a chat, getting to know me and see my personality. I think it was more of a formality at this point.

Then I went to HR and did some paperwork for the uniforms and their policies. Did the drug test (oral). Signed for a background check and all that and was given a piece of paper that pointed out the Orientation days.

Interview Questions
    • Can't really remember the exact words, but it was something about helping a customer around the city. The Renaissance Brand is very much involved with the whole city and tries to get the customers to explore the area, but I thought it was a very specific question for that certain position, which I haven't had before. So I had to come up with an answer from my everyday life, even though there were no customers included in my example.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate since I did't have any experience for that particular position.

Bistro Attendant Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Marriott.

The interview consisted of mostly wanting to know about experience and work availability. They will try to get a feel if you will work well with people. There is also a drug test.

Area Sales Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Marriott.

Stars are part of interview. interview was easy since i worked for the company. be prepared to answer star questions. not sure how interviews work for external hires since i was hired with marriott originally over 15 year ago and It is very different now.

Interview Questions
    easy, was already with the company

Senior EngineerIII Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Marriott.

very easy interviews they ask a lot of questions about your guest service personalities and how you get along with other employees and how you would want to be treated if you were a guest and if a guest offered you a tip if you would except it but its a trick question to test your response

Interview Questions
    • experience in what your qualifications are for the job your applying for   Answer Question
    they only wanted to pay 10.00 hourly but i was able to negotiate the pay scale

Voyager Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Marriott.

Process took 4 weeks. Started with an on campus interview followed by being invited to Dallas for an undergraduate event. Interview was very casual with basic questions. Was sent an email the next Monday saying I would be given an offer.

Interview Questions
    In the midst of negotiations.