Marriott

2.7

Guest Service Representative -PM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paramus, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paramus, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marriott.

I applied online and the following week I got a phone interview. Then had two interviews within the same day. One with the manager and other witht the GM. Pretty much asked the same questions. Why you want to work for the marriot? Can you work holidays? Tell us a time where you had a difficult customer,and handle the situation.

Front Desk Agent Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Marriott.

I responded to a post on Craigslist. I had my resume in hand and took it to the company within 1 hour of the post. I was interviewed on the spot and given the job. The interview questions were primarily about my work experience and whether or not I could commit to staying with the company. I was honest and said that if I found the company to lack in values I would not feel like I needed to stay.

Interview Questions
    • Will you be loyal to this company even though you are a student?   Answer Question
    I didn't try to negotiate.

Front Desk Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Marriott.

Applied online through hcareers and was contacted 3 weeks later. Was invited for an interview that same day and I was interviewed separately by two different people. I was invited for another round the following week for another two separate interviews on the same day. A third and final interview was set up for two days after my second interview to meet the GM.

Questions were very personality and experience oriented.
    Asked to give lots of examples
    Asked about interests towards the future

Interview Questions
    • Why did I apply for an entry level position after having a bachelor's degree   Answer Question

pay was too low

Intern Interview

The position calls for a highly motivated individual, who wants to build or further a career as an analyst. The candidate should possess excellent communication and writing skills and be a quick and creative thinker, who is eager to learn and easily coached. In addition, 2+ years of experience gained from a market research or consulting firm, a market intelligence division of an IT company, or a public cloud provider would be beneficial.

Regional Sales Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Marriott.

STAR Interview. Have solid examples of how you can do the job well. Be a good story teller. Great examples of teamwork, goal setting, negotiating, meeting goals, etc... You will have an interview with recruiter, then 2 sets of interviews if you pass the initial interview.

Interview Questions
    Don't try. Leaders fight to maximize your salary.

Front Desk Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

The process took a dayinterviewed at Marriott.

Simple, be honest and customer service oriented. Make sure your dressed properly. Conservative makeup and review of any information they asked. Be prepared to wait, as Hotel business never ends. Make eye contact and shake your interviewers hand.

Interview Questions
    • Whats a situation you recently been in customer service wise?   View Answer

Maintenance Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marriott in November 2014.

Applied online and received a call for initial interview at Starbucks. I was asked general questions and told about the position. Then told I was one of three that would be called back for a second interview with the general manager. 2nd interview was easier than the first.

Bartender Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Marriott in November 2014.

The interview consisted of two gentlemen asking went through the standard personality questions. The interview was easy and straight to the point. They did the actual drug test in the human resources office. I was called back the next day to fill out paper work. The entire process took at least a month or so.

Interview Questions
    • Describe your most difficult guest situation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    Really no negotiation. Just have to pass background and drug test. Took almost a month.

Banquet Server Interview

Quick interview, asks for schedule/availability, not many questions...asks when you can work etc.Hired immediately....next day taken to office to sign paperwork online. Staff and boss nice. Later get uniform and name tag and apron and tie and tie clip

Manager, Sales Analysis Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Marriott.

It's a long process. From the time I submitted my application to the time I was hired, a good 6-7 months went by. The process itself was pretty standard at first: you apply, you get a call from HR to set you up for a phone interview with the recruiter to go over basics (quick review of the position, availability, salary expectations...), then you get a call from the hiring manager to review your qualifications in a little more detail (30 min), then you get called in for in-person interviews. And that's where things get interesting:
    These interviews are with several team members (hiring manager, their peer(s), their boss, their boss' boss, and sometimes even their direct reports (your future peers). But you also learn throughout these interviews that you're being considered for 1+ other position(s) within that group.
    If you interview well, chances are you'll land one of the openings within the group, so overall it's a great process and you have better chances at landing a job. The downside for me was that I had no idea so I couldn't prepare as well for the interviews.

Interview Questions
    • On a scale of 1-10 how do you rate your MS Excel skills?   View Answer
    There's was little to no negotiation. I was told what the offer was and that it was the best they could make. Take it or leave it.