Marriott Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 25, 2014
388 interviews

2.7

Housekeeping Interview

It was a smooth process and I loved the professionalism with what I was treated with. They are all about customer satisfaction and they make sure the inform new employees about it.

smooth process

Front Desk Agent Interview

Long and tedious process. Call it being thorough or job security for overstaffed HR department. It is what it is. Came in for initial interview, then called back to meet with supervisor. Waited 45 min to then speak with front office manager.

Hostess Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Marriott.

Was called in for an interview 2 days after applying online, Had first interview and was called in for another about a week later. Marriott Uses the STAR technique for interviewing. Long interviewing process and most questions related to previous job experience(s).

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you had your schedule change unexpectedly.   Answer Question

Housekeeper Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Marriott in August 2014.

I applied for the position online and was eventually called on the phone. The screening process took awhile (a couple weeks I think), so don't be discouraged if you apply and aren't called in for an interview right away. On the phone I was asked a few basic interview questions, and then asked to come in for an interview the following Monday. The interview itself wasn't too bad. The guy asked mostly situation-based questions (Describe a time when __, then explain what you did and what the results were...). My interviewer was very professional and polite.

Interview Questions
    • What has been your favorite customer service moment?   View Answer

Guest Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Marriott in July 2014.

I applied online and got a call from one of the hiring managers within a few days. I arrived at my interview about 10 minutes early, but I was forced to wait 20 minutes passed my interview time (30 minutes total) because the managers weren't ready (I did not even receive an apology for this). I interviewed with two managers, both of whom were aloof and not encouraging whatsoever.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me to give them details about the hotel management company, rather than about the Marriott company, which is what I studied for.   Answer Question

Guest Service Representative (Front Desk) Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Marriott.

Was contacted by Human Resources for initial interview questions/screening. After passing that I was scheduled with Front office management. Very easy. Most questions had me relate to a previous experience and tell the problem and resolution.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you worked with a colleague that was difficult or challenging.   Answer Question
    Some negotiation, but ultimately they will set the pay.

Guest Service Representative Interview

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Marriott in March 2013.

Interviewed then hired, very easy. Interviewed on the spot and received the position. Started days later. Interview was very laid back and informal. After hired was welcomed with open arms and given a lot of training opportunities.

Guest Services Representative Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Marriott in March 2014.

I was really impressed with the whole process. They posted the position online & called me in for the first interview. They asked me pretty standard questions, & at the end of the interview asked me to come for the second interview. They definitely want experience in customer service , & want to know what your future goals are. They are very positive about future growth with the company.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any questions that were that difficult to ask   Answer Question
    They pretty much told me what the starting pay was & it was not negotiable

Marriott Voyage Program Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Marriott.

They came to our school and they asked us questions based off of the star method. The first interview went well, therefore, they flew me to NJ for a second interview. there were 200 people there, altho I did not receive the job it was still a great experience.

Interview Questions
    • what was a dead line that you missed and what did you do to compensate for the tardiness   View Answer

Front Desk Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Boulder, CO
    Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Marriott.

I was requested to interview for the Boulder Courtyard last week. The hotel, upon entering, was welcoming but did not have a traditional front desk and made me apprehensive about where to go.

The staff seemed friendly, it took approximately fifteen minutes for my interviewer to finally see me, and the staff griped about a certain component of the job.

As it turns out this hotel asks that the front desk agents also train in the bistro.

Interview Questions

I was not interested in cross-training for the bistro, as would be required for the position. Also, the position salary started lower than my current income.

Worked for Marriott? Contribute to the Community!