Marriott Interview Questions

Updated Sep 16, 2014
Updated Sep 16, 2014

2.7

Front Desk Agent Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Marriott.

They had a "career fair." Reviewed my resume and was interviewed on the spot. Nothing difficult. A lot of the questions are available online for typical interviews. They required a background check, which was done in two days and I received a phone call stating I would receive a formal email. The job was mine if I wanted it.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really unexpected or difficult. I think the most difficult thing was explaining a negative situation and seeing a positive outcome.   Answer Question
    Given start rate is $9.25

Operations Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Marriott.

Process is very simple. Look for the job postings, apply, allow them to call you back. Once hired if you have an excellent HR department they have everything streamlined and you are really set up for success to join the property.

Interview Questions
    • Not difficult, but pay attention to the questions that may lead you into knowing a little about the current state of the department or hotel, this will be a great clue and chance for you to ask questions about current work environment and the vision of your role.   Answer Question
    Company has pay guidelines, you will be paid fairly for the industry, the market you are working in, and your experience.

Front Desk Associate Interview

I applied through other source - interviewed at Marriott in October 2010.

I went in for a housekeeping interview,and instead of getting the housekeeping position I got the front desk associate position. I really enjoy eyed the job while I was there

Interview Questions
    • Would you like to work as a front desk associate ?   View Answer

Assistant General Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Marriott.

Was not bad at all. Got a call and had a quick phone interview. Afterwards I was contacted by the GM to come in for an interview. Waited for about a week before being setup with another interview with the Area Manager. The process was simple and took 2 weeks.

Straight forward, take it or leave it

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Marriott.

The general manager I interviewed with was incredibly friendly and professional. The process was quick and easy, and I heard back the same day. After working for a Carlson franchise, Marriott seems to be much more well organized and professional. The GM made sure I knew that there is plenty of room to grow and move around in the company.

Interview Questions
    Job offered starting at $10/hr. No negotiations. Talk as much as possible about past hotel experience and be big on customer service. It also helps if you can find common ground with the interviewer, like knowing the same people.

Housekeeping Interview

It was a smooth process and I loved the professionalism with what I was treated with. They are all about customer satisfaction and they make sure the inform new employees about it.

smooth process

Front Desk Agent Interview

Long and tedious process. Call it being thorough or job security for overstaffed HR department. It is what it is. Came in for initial interview, then called back to meet with supervisor. Waited 45 min to then speak with front office manager.

Hostess Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Marriott.

Was called in for an interview 2 days after applying online, Had first interview and was called in for another about a week later. Marriott Uses the STAR technique for interviewing. Long interviewing process and most questions related to previous job experience(s).

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you had your schedule change unexpectedly.   Answer Question

Housekeeper Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Marriott in August 2014.

I applied for the position online and was eventually called on the phone. The screening process took awhile (a couple weeks I think), so don't be discouraged if you apply and aren't called in for an interview right away. On the phone I was asked a few basic interview questions, and then asked to come in for an interview the following Monday. The interview itself wasn't too bad. The guy asked mostly situation-based questions (Describe a time when __, then explain what you did and what the results were...). My interviewer was very professional and polite.

Interview Questions
    • What has been your favorite customer service moment?   View Answer

Guest Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Marriott in July 2014.

I applied online and got a call from one of the hiring managers within a few days. I arrived at my interview about 10 minutes early, but I was forced to wait 20 minutes passed my interview time (30 minutes total) because the managers weren't ready (I did not even receive an apology for this). I interviewed with two managers, both of whom were aloof and not encouraging whatsoever.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me to give them details about the hotel management company, rather than about the Marriott company, which is what I studied for.   Answer Question

Worked for Marriott? Contribute to the Community!