Marriott Interview Questions

Updated Jul 2, 2015

2.6

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Marriott.

Interview

It was the first-round interview. I was asked to go into a room and there was only one interviewer in it. The interviewer asked me a few questions about my personality.

Management Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marriott.

Interview

Outdated screening process. They use questionaires that claim to determine if you are suitable for a position. However, if you don't answer middle of the road you get thru. The process is a joke. Also, the process takes too long. Online application, Online questions, phone interview, then multiple in person interviews.

Interview Questions

• If you made an error in preparing materials for your boss to present and on the day of the presentation you informed your boss but they chose to present anyway would you bring this to the attention of someone at a higher level, let it go, or disclose at the question and answer portion of the presentation that the information has been found to be incorrect.   1 Answer

Guest Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Marriott (Houston, TX).

Interview

It was your typical interview. It was with 2 managers. Took about 1hr or less. It took about a month for them to call me, I interviewed and they offered me the position on the same day.

Guest Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Marriott (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I was asked to answer the STARS questions. They based off of behavior and experience. There are usually 5 competencies they will ask you questions in. I was asked 2 questions within each one.

Interview Questions

• Describe your favorite customer service moment?   1 Answer

Event Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Marriott.

Interview

It took almost two month, but it was a nice process, very friendly everybody. I feel very welcome all the time. It is a very good place to work. I am very glad to be part of the company, decent hourly wage, good benefits

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Marriott.

Interview

I was called in for an interview within one week of filling out my application. The staff was pleasant and the hiring manager along with the GM interviewed me separately. Lots of STAR type questions and the want to see that you are customer oriented.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time when you went above and beyond the call of duty   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Marriott.

Interview

Had a phone call from the lower management to schedule an interview about a week later. In-person interview with lower management then an in-person interview with higher management a few days later. Got the job with the second interview

Front Desk Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Marriott.

Interview

Managers and Directors interview me one time since I was an agent that was applying for the Supervisor position. They knew how I worked and that I was a great candidate for the position

Interview Questions

• How can you handle pressure?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Marriott.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiting firm I was working with about this opportunity. I was very excited about the position and the phone interviewer told me I'd be a good fit for the position.

However, there were some inconsistencies about the term of the contract and the phone interview left me under-whelmed. The recruiters told me it was a long-term, contract-to-hire, whereas my interviewer told me it was only 2-3 months.

As for the phone interview itself, apparently they forgot they had an interview with me so I was "stood up." They rescheduled for later in the day, but only one person from the original three was able to attend. It was very apparent that he had not been planning on leading the interview and that he was not the decision maker/hiring manager.

The recruiter told me they wanted to set up an in-person interview, but then a few days later said they had changed their mind (apparently b/c she had told them about some of my concerns about the contract/inconsistencies, which I had asked her not to share) and that they had hired someone else they had phone interviewed. NOTE: they did not meet with this person, they only did a phone interview with them.

All in all, I'm relieved that it went that way. Anyone who hires someone purely off a phone interview isn't looking for a permanent hire, nor do I think they'd be a great supervisor.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you know about Marriott?   1 Answer

Guest Services Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Marriott.

Interview

It was an overall easy experience. Typical interview questions and the managers are nice and easy going. It takes a week or so to get the background check, etc done.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your past experience in customer service?   Answer Question