Marriott

Updated Dec 16, 2014
Updated Dec 16, 2014

2.6

Maintenance Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marriott in November 2014.

Applied online and received a call for initial interview at Starbucks. I was asked general questions and told about the position. Then told I was one of three that would be called back for a second interview with the general manager. 2nd interview was easier than the first.

Bartender Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Marriott in November 2014.

The interview consisted of two gentlemen asking went through the standard personality questions. The interview was easy and straight to the point. They did the actual drug test in the human resources office. I was called back the next day to fill out paper work. The entire process took at least a month or so.

Interview Questions
    • Describe your most difficult guest situation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    Really no negotiation. Just have to pass background and drug test. Took almost a month.

Front Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Marriott in November 2014.

I applied in person on a friday. Got the call for the interview on the following Monday. The manager was really friendly and nice. She asked very few question, but I think it helped that when I applied I walked in with a resume, cover letter, and references ( which included my general manager). I just got the call for the second interview so Ill see what happens.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had to resolve a matter with an angry customer.   Answer Question

Banquet Server Interview

Quick interview, asks for schedule/availability, not many questions...asks when you can work etc.Hired immediately....next day taken to office to sign paperwork online. Staff and boss nice. Later get uniform and name tag and apron and tie and tie clip

Manager, Sales Analysis Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Marriott.

It's a long process. From the time I submitted my application to the time I was hired, a good 6-7 months went by. The process itself was pretty standard at first: you apply, you get a call from HR to set you up for a phone interview with the recruiter to go over basics (quick review of the position, availability, salary expectations...), then you get a call from the hiring manager to review your qualifications in a little more detail (30 min), then you get called in for in-person interviews. And that's where things get interesting:
    These interviews are with several team members (hiring manager, their peer(s), their boss, their boss' boss, and sometimes even their direct reports (your future peers). But you also learn throughout these interviews that you're being considered for 1+ other position(s) within that group.
    If you interview well, chances are you'll land one of the openings within the group, so overall it's a great process and you have better chances at landing a job. The downside for me was that I had no idea so I couldn't prepare as well for the interviews.

Interview Questions
    • On a scale of 1-10 how do you rate your MS Excel skills?   View Answer
    There's was little to no negotiation. I was told what the offer was and that it was the best they could make. Take it or leave it.

Front Desk Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marriott.

Classis interview with the General Manager and the Front Desk Manager which was followed by a phone call letting me know that I had been made an offer for the position.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a difficult situation where you were unable to satisfy the guest and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Marriott.

You will have to apply online, then the waiting game starts. If your resume is picked, you will get a phone call from the recruiter who will set you up with a phone interview with the hiring manager. Then they'll ask you to come in to meet with different people to interview with. They have a list of questions to ask such as "how you managed to resolve a last minute task" or "how to deal with co-workers who are not personable". A lot of "Can you think about a time when...."

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marriott.

I applied online and received a called maybe two weeks later. I walked in the hotel. It was very elegant, lively, and simply beautiful. The Operation Manager conducted the interview in the lobby. It was very conversational, we even shared a couple of laughs. Questions weren't anything to complicated. Give lots of customer service examples about how you dealt with unfavorable situations. I think she loved that I had tough skin and was able to brush things off and keep rolling in past experiences. So after our interview, she checked to see if her manager was available for my second interview. I went to interview with her and they were the exact same question...easy :) I asked questions about the company and some day-to-day ops. After the interview I met with the Operations Manager and I signed a few papers about background checks and drug screening and I was on my way. I had the position, all I had to do was make sure my drug test, references, and background checks were clear. One week later I got an email saying, "Welcome to the Team!"

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a guest comes to you with a problem and no supervisor is around to help?   View Answer

Front Desk Agent Interview

The process took a weekinterviewed at Marriott in October 2014.

The process was simple. I met with the Assistant Manager first, she called the GM and Front Desk Supervisor about 15 mins into the interview. They like when you ask a lot of questions and are customer service driven. I got an email about background check the same day I interviewed and a week later I got an offer letter via email.

They don't negotiate

Associate Director of Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Marriott in October 2014.

Apply on school career link, then receive campus interview. two interviewers basic behavior questions: why you choose Marriott, describe your hardest teamwork, how you help others in teamwork, strength and weakness of yourself. and complete online test...

Interview Questions
    • no unexpected question, all of them are behavior questions, and most are teamwork experience.   Answer Question