Marriott

Relevance Date Difficulty

Telecommunications Technician Interview

Telecommunications Technician
Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Marriott.

Interview Details – I was contacted by phone to come in for an interview. The interview process was conducted with me and two other people the manager and supervisor for the department. I also had to come in and interview with Human resources department. While Marriott usually has you interview with General Manager of the company i did not have to do that.

Interview Question – I was asked how i would handle an angry guest at the hotel regarding information of events going on at the hotel.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I received a phone call from human resources that they wanted to hire me and would i accept the position.

Restaurant Manager Interview

Restaurant Manager
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Marriott in January 2013.

Interview Details – There were a lot of steps. I had to have 3 1-hour interviews, an online assessment/personality test, one 5-hour interview, a drug test, and 3 reference checks (one of which had to be from a previous manager)

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you couldn't get everything you needed to finished   Answer Question

Night Auditor Interview

Night Auditor
Cleveland, OH

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Marriott in June 2014.

Interview Details – I was contacted by someone from the front desk and set up an interview. He didn't ask any questions, he just made the appointment. They were doing flash interviews--about 15 minutes--of several people, and we were interviewed in the lobby within earshot of the other candidates. A little awkward to have your competition listening in, but I understand that this was simply due to the size of the location. I was told they still had three more days of interviews and that there wouldn't be a decision for a while.

Interview Question – They asked me to tell them about myself & give them some background, and then it was all STAR questions ("Name a time when...").   Answer Question

Front Desk Receptionist Interview

Front Desk Receptionist

Interviewed at Marriott

Interview Details – Long waiting period for set up of interview. Asked questions which were not relevant to the position. More excuses for slowness of process than friendliness and apologies to which were met by more hoops to jump through.

Interview Question – What can you bring that no one else has already brought to the team?   Answer Question

Front Office Manager Interview

Front Office Manager

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Marriott.

Interview Details – Standard board type interview, because I was out of state the initial interview was a conference call between me and 4 others. They immediately told me at end of interview they wanted to meet me and set up a second interview for me to head up there. 2nd interview was between myself and 4 others, was offered the position after they called all my references and all of my past employers. So do not lie on your resume, they called all of them even as far back as 10 years ago.

Negotiation Details – Negotiated early performance review with pay raise.

Front Office Manager Interview

Front Office Manager
Pleasanton, CA

I interviewed at Marriott in January 2010.

Interview Details – It took one week from start to finish. Submitted my application on line, I was called the next day by a third party agency to complete an online survey. Bout 150 questions. Then wen thru 2 in-person interviews. Completed a background and drug screening session.

Interview Question – There were not any un expected question.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Accepted a different opportunity with a Real Estate Firm.

Restaurant Interview

Restaurant
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Marriott.

Interview Details – I applied online. About a week later someone called for a phone interview. I didn't expect to be interviewed that day and thought the interview didn't go well but two weeks later was called to interview with the chef. After interviewing with the chef, there is a practical. I received a call from the chef the next day asking if I was still looking for employment but no offer was made.

Interview Question – Basic questions about previous experiences.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Marriott in June 2010.

Interview Details – STAR Interviewing Process they like to heard real experiences of different situations and how you solve them. They always look for leaders to hire. It is important to be prepare with answer and question that will move you in a highest level of a leader.
Mention one of your weaknesses?
Tell me about a difficult experience at work. How do you solved, and reach success.

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Marriott.

Interview Details – It was OK. You need to understand the market you're going into very well or else they will grill you with questions and know you don't know what you're talking about.

Interview Question – Just gotta know your stuff   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Front Desk Associate Interview

Front Desk Associate
Franklin, TN

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Marriott in December 2011.

Interview Details – Interview was quick. Applied and heard back within a week. The questions were not difficult. It was my first job out of college. The only difficult question was the one below. I'd never had any experience with problem resolution as it relates to customer service experiences, so I was caught off guard. Essential, because as a front desk associate, this can make or break you.

Interview Question – What would you do if a guests stay was not up to their expectations?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Accepted the base pay.