Marriott Interview Questions

Updated Aug 31, 2015

2.6

Front Desk Interview

Interview

Was hired on the spot. They really liked me. The guy and I just seemed to get along. Once I got there though, I realized I was hired because it became clear to me they needed some serious help with their customer service standards.

Interview Questions

• What is a bad quality about yourself   1 Answer

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marriott in July 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with front desk manager and general manager on the same day. The interview was easy. Both employers were really nice. Questions were based on your resume. They told me they would call me by Friday. But I didn't received any calls after interview.And two weeks passed, no reply at all. So as one of the comments said, I finally understand that "call you later" is a bad signal.

Interview Questions

• Why you think you are the best candidate for this position?   1 Answer

Designer Interview

Interview

One hour total with multiple team members. Lovely, warm and intelligent people. Asked thoughtful and relevant questions about my design process, challenges, and how I solved various problems. Very comfortable and conversational style.

Guest Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott (Chicago, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

I filled out the application online and around 2 weeks later. I was called to schedule an interview. The interview was with the hiring manager and a front desk associate.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you went out of your way to help a customer?   Answer Question

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott in July 2015.

Interview

Applied on the company career website and got phone interview about two to three weeks. Typical "STAR" questions. The recruiter asked about ten questions. The whole process lasts about 20 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience when you successfully solved a problem   Answer Question

Housekeeper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott (Washington, DC) in July 2015.

Interview

The Interview took 30 minutes. I then proceeded to do the online application.It took an 45 minutes to complete. Afterwards you possibly could get a second interview. Very easy process.

Interview Questions

• How would you assist a guest that speaks a different language than you?   Answer Question

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott (Costa Mesa, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Application was online, called for an interview within a week, first interview was very extensive. A lot of in depth questions. Second interview was just meeting with the hotel director. Process was fairly easy.

Interview Questions

• Describe a specific situation in which you overcame an obstacle that you were unsure of.   Answer Question

Management Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott.

Interview

Outdated screening process. They use questionaires that claim to determine if you are suitable for a position. However, if you don't answer middle of the road you get thru. The process is a joke. Also, the process takes too long. Online application, Online questions, phone interview, then multiple in person interviews.

Interview Questions

• If you made an error in preparing materials for your boss to present and on the day of the presentation you informed your boss but they chose to present anyway would you bring this to the attention of someone at a higher level, let it go, or disclose at the question and answer portion of the presentation that the information has been found to be incorrect.   2 Answers

Guest Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marriott (Houston, TX).

Interview

It was your typical interview. It was with 2 managers. Took about 1hr or less. It took about a month for them to call me, I interviewed and they offered me the position on the same day.

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marriott.

Interview

I was called in for an interview within one week of filling out my application. The staff was pleasant and the hiring manager along with the GM interviewed me separately. Lots of STAR type questions and the want to see that you are customer oriented.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time when you went above and beyond the call of duty   1 Answer