Marriott

Getting the Interview

313 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Guest Services Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Marriott.

Interview Details – Had one interview with the AGM and GM-Got hired within 5 days.

Interview Question – None-can not think of any thing at the moment   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Front Office Manager Interview

Wilmington, DE

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Marriott in September 2012.

Interview Details – It's a long process. Starting with the recruiter, then 1 on 1, then a group grilling by 4 people, then an iq test, personality test and basic aptitude test. Seriously, it was for a Front Desk Manager's position. I understand, yet it was a bit much.

Interview Question – What will you do in the first month   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Guest Services and Sales Interview

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Marriott in February 2014.

Interview Details – First interview was a phone interview. Very pleasant and east questions that just went over my past work history.

Interview Question – Have you ever had an upset coworker with you, what did you do to try to resolve it. What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Had a job offer from another company that was higher pay and better hours.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Bellman Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Marriott in October 2010.

Interview Details – Interview with Bell Captain. Then with his immediate manager.

Interview Question – Why do you want to become a bellman.   View Answer

Marketing Director Interview

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Marriott in January 2014.

Interview Details – The person interviewing had not read my resume. The interview was conducted with general/open relevant questions. I wish the interviewer had taken the time to see my reuse in detail and allow me the opportunity to discuss specifics. I feel that I did not have a fair chance.

Interview Question – How to deal with a very difficult boss   View Answer

Night Auditor Interview

Night Auditor
Tallahassee, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Marriott.

Interview Details – I applied online and received an email about furthering the process via an interview. The interview was with the Front Desk supervisor, Assistant manager and the general manager. All three took turns asking STAR interview questions. "Tell me about a Time when..." Nothing was too difficult or out of the ordinary.

Interview Question – None of the questions were too difficult. Just explain past experiences from other related jobs or projects in as much detail as possible.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Salary was set based upon the hotel, job title and area.

Senior Quality Assurance Analyst Interview

Senior Quality Assurance Analyst
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Marriott in July 2013.

Interview Details – I was hired for an internal job posting after my old position (Senior Systems Analyst) was eliminated in a company-wide restructuring of IT services. All candidates were required to take a personality assessment test. Passing the test was the only way to be interviewed for a position. Then one had to locate a suitable opening, apply for the job by submitting a resume, as if you had never worked for Marriott before.

Interview Question – Several questions related to ITIL processes relating to service assurance and problem determination and escalation.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, I was hired at my current salary and benefits level.

Assistant Executive Housekeeping Supervisor Interview

Canton, OH

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Marriott in January 2014.

Interview Details – The interview process went easy, I was greeted by the Executive Housekeeper and the AGM, who were both very nice and thorough with the job description. They interviewed me off of a company standard questionnaire, and proceeded to ask me the normal questions about how I would handle certain situations, and how I function a s a team player. I then went on a tour through the property and was shown the rooms and the public areas, as well as met a few of the employees. I sat back down with the ladies and discussed availability and transportation. The AGM then told me I would be notified of a conformation of a background check and told me I would be notified 5-7 days of the results.

Interview Question – "What mistake have you made in the past, and what did you do to fix it?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation, but an hourly rate and after 90 days and a 3% increase plus benefits.

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Regional Sales Manager

Interviewed at Marriott

Interview Details – In order to get started with Marriott, you will go through a third party company, Hewitt. Interview is around S.T.A.R. process. Examples, examples, examples!

Negotiation Details – Not applicable.

Group Sales Manager Interview

Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Marriott in February 2012.

Interview Details – As with all Marriott interviews, follows the STAR process (situational interviews). Come prepared with a Situation/Task, Action and Result from past applicable experiences to roughly 8-10 questions that will be asked!

Interview Question – Tell me about a time where you were unable to win over a team to gain buy-in over a major business decision.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was pretty rigid, could tell they manage payroll closely but was still a fair competitive offer based on others I was given at Hilton, Hyatt.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Marriott