Marriott Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2015

2.6

Housekeeping Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Chester, OH

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Marriott (West Chester, OH) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview was super easy. Especially the questions. They just want to know more about you and how flexible would you be working for the position.
    There's one thing I didn't like during the interview: a hiring manager was very interested in me and told me to call her after I take the assessment test online, or I could come in and meet with her and she would get me started. Apparently, I have called and left messages and never got a phone call back. I heard she was interviewing someone else and that she hasn't been busy lately. Looks like I didn't get the job and that she was very unprofessional for telling me to call her or come in when she doesn't want to hire me anymore. How about say, "take the test online and I will give you a call" that would be a lot better.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here and what made you want to pick the housekeeping position?   1 Answer

Hotel Housemen Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Marriott (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

What I did as a hotel housemen am I a team player can do the job by my self do I know the set up and breakdown of conference room and ballrooms and including maintaining and cleaning guests rooms.

Bistro Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marriott.

Interview

Applied online a week earlier and i was called for an interview a couple days after. Showed up a little late due to no parking. I met with assistant manager, she was very nice, and I guess the supervisor, who just sat and studied my resume for 20 minutes. Mostly situational questions.. All went well until they asked me about Sundays, which I said I couldn't work that much due to religious practice. I thought I'd blown it because they seemed really upset about that.
    Right after them I met with the GM who seemed nice enough but basically asked the same questions for 5 mins and rushed off. I thought I didn't get the job but they called me back 3 days later with an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was told the pay started around 11.00 and went up to about 13-14 eventually plus tips which is awesome!

Food and Beverage Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Marriott.

Interview

Well run and organized. Responded to application in a timely manner with additional details about the process, company, and position being offered. Quick turnaround for timeframe and hiring manager was efficient in the questions and discussion.

Am Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marriott (Columbus, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

I was sent a Gallup survey that I filled out to see if I was a match for the company. Then they called me back and did a phone interview to get to know me. I then was set up for the first interview and interviewed with the assistant general manager. Then after my first interview I waited a few days and was set up for another interview with the general manager and the Human resources manager. They ultimately called me back and told me they were very impressed by me but I didn't have any hotel experience, so they said it would be risk to offer me this position. They instead offered me a different position in the hotel as concierge. Coming from McDonalds this was a much better job and money with less stress, so I accepted.

IT Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Marriott.

Interview

Always behavioral questions. Your success depends a great deal on the STAR process (situation, task, activity, result). I interviewed with 3 different people and some of there questions were exactly the same.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to adjust quickly to a significant change in organization, department, or team priorities.   1 Answer

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Marriott (Bethesda, MD).

Interview

One-on-one Interview with VP and Senior Directors, back-to-back. Interview lasted all day, with no break in between. The questions were repetitive and the scheduled kept on switching between the interview panel. The second day I came in it was only hour long with two Senior Directors—one of them was late and barely engaged with me since he was on his phone most of the time. The second on admitted not having read my resume. He asked general background question (that were covered in the resume) and with only three minutes left, asked me if I had any questions for him. Since then, I've reached out to the recruiter and hiring manager but I haven't heard back. The recruiting at Marriott is mostly handled by Aon Hewitt contractors, and they tend not to be very organized in general, but considering this is a hospitality company, I thought it would be nice to least get a "thank you for time email", even if from the system.

Interview Questions

• Each choose three questions to ask from a pre-determined list.   1 Answer

Housekeeper Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Marriott.

Interview

I was called in for an interview a day after completing the application. The housekeeping supervisor interviewed me. She asked basic questions. Most of the interview she informed me about the company, its goals, and expectations of employees. She went over the job duties and responsibilities. You have to take a drug test, and when the results come back you will be offered the position. Test results come back in 2-4 days. The whole process took about a week.

Interview Questions

• What do you find the most challenging part about housekeeping? What qualities do you have that make you a good housekeeper? Do you have experience? The rest of the interview was mainly conversation.   Answer Question

Voyager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Marriott (Baltimore, MD) in March 2015.

Interview

I had an initial interview at my school, and then a few weeks later I was flown up to Baltimore for a recruitment event. The process was very helpful and very informative. While the area of the company that I would ideally like to work for did not have any positions available, they were very upfront about that at the beginning. And they described the lateral movement process, which seems very easy and accessible.

The event was two days. The first day was a benefits session, then a panel with former and current voyagers. And then a networking event with the other candidates and various higher level Marriott professionals. There was good food, and everyone was very easy to talk to. The next day, there was a breakfast downstairs and we had our interviews. Mei and Betty Ann were super helpful through the whole process.

About a week after I got back, I received and email saying that I was selected for the program and that they would call me about placement. We're currently in the process of finding a property for me that is a good fit.

Marriott as a whole uses STAR interview questions almost exclusively, but the company is also big about personality matching. There was a large unspoken emphasis put on the networking event, and the info sessions at the university.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you disagreed with a decision that a team you were on was made.   Answer Question

Voyage Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Marriott (Baltimore, MD) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview itself was fine. The questions were simple and predictable, and the interviewer was kind and professional. That is the only good thing I have to say about the process. I was flown down to Baltimore to interview for a job I was told was available. After all is said and done, I get a call a couple weeks later telling me there never was a job in the area I was applying to work in. I am offered a random operations job instead, which is completely unrelated to the job I applied for. In addition to that, Marriott served unchecked and unlimited quantities of alcohol to applicants under 21. This was the worst interview process I have ever had the displeasure of enduring.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were unable to meet a deadline. What did you do?   1 Answer