Marriott Interview Questions

Updated Aug 1, 2015

2.6

Housekeeping Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Chester, OH

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Marriott (West Chester, OH) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview was super easy. Especially the questions. They just want to know more about you and how flexible would you be working for the position. There's one thing I didn't like during the interview: a hiring manager was very interested in me and told me to call her after I take the assessment test online, or I could come in and meet with her and she would get me started. Apparently, I have called and left messages and never got a phone call back. I heard she was interviewing someone else and that she hasn't been busy lately. Looks like I didn't get the job and that she was very unprofessional for telling me to call her or come in when she doesn't want to hire me anymore. How about say, "take the test online and I will give you a call" that would be a lot better.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here and what made you want to pick the housekeeping position?   2 Answers

Hotel Housemen Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Marriott (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

What I did as a hotel housemen am I a team player can do the job by my self do I know the set up and breakdown of conference room and ballrooms and including maintaining and cleaning guests rooms.

Global Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Marriott (Boston, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

The interviewer asked a lot of situational questions and had a poker face on all the time. There was also one other lady who was jotting down notes. Overall, Marriott needs to do a better job with their interviews as it seems like to tedious job for the interviewers.

IOS Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Marriott (Bethesda, MD) in April 2015.

Interview

Contacted by recruiters, phone screen, in person follow up. Phone screen was good, salary was good. What turned me off was the amount of work the person is expected to put in (45-50hrs) and how much of this work is actually spent in corporate style meetings. i did not have a chance to meet the team or see the workplace. The recruiting manager is extremely busy, there was no small talk at the interview.

Interview Questions

• A lot of enterprise level tool questions, from continuous integration to source control, prototyping tools, a lot of checklist "did you do this" kind of questions.   Answer Question

Am Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marriott (Columbus, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

I was sent a Gallup survey that I filled out to see if I was a match for the company. Then they called me back and did a phone interview to get to know me. I then was set up for the first interview and interviewed with the assistant general manager. Then after my first interview I waited a few days and was set up for another interview with the general manager and the Human resources manager. They ultimately called me back and told me they were very impressed by me but I didn't have any hotel experience, so they said it would be risk to offer me this position. They instead offered me a different position in the hotel as concierge. Coming from McDonalds this was a much better job and money with less stress, so I accepted.

Food and Beverage Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Marriott.

Interview

Well run and organized. Responded to application in a timely manner with additional details about the process, company, and position being offered. Quick turnaround for timeframe and hiring manager was efficient in the questions and discussion.

IT Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Marriott.

Interview

Always behavioral questions. Your success depends a great deal on the STAR process (situation, task, activity, result). I interviewed with 3 different people and some of there questions were exactly the same.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to adjust quickly to a significant change in organization, department, or team priorities.   1 Answer

Housekeeper Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Marriott.

Interview

I was called in for an interview a day after completing the application. The housekeeping supervisor interviewed me. She asked basic questions. Most of the interview she informed me about the company, its goals, and expectations of employees. She went over the job duties and responsibilities. You have to take a drug test, and when the results come back you will be offered the position. Test results come back in 2-4 days. The whole process took about a week.

Interview Questions

• What do you find the most challenging part about housekeeping? What qualities do you have that make you a good housekeeper? Do you have experience? The rest of the interview was mainly conversation.   Answer Question

Front Desk Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Marriott.

Interview

Interview was painless and stress free. I interviewed with the front desk manager and she asked mebasisc questions about my background, what position I was interested in and how would I handle a difficult situation with a hotel guest.

Interview Questions

• If a guest was angry and upset about something that was the hotels fault, how would you handle tat situation?   1 Answer

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Marriott (Bethesda, MD).

Interview

One-on-one Interview with VP and Senior Directors, back-to-back. Interview lasted all day, with no break in between. The questions were repetitive and the scheduled kept on switching between the interview panel. The second day I came in it was only hour long with two Senior Directors—one of them was late and barely engaged with me since he was on his phone most of the time. The second on admitted not having read my resume. He asked general background question (that were covered in the resume) and with only three minutes left, asked me if I had any questions for him. Since then, I've reached out to the recruiter and hiring manager but I haven't heard back. The recruiting at Marriott is mostly handled by Aon Hewitt contractors, and they tend not to be very organized in general, but considering this is a hospitality company, I thought it would be nice to least get a "thank you for time email", even if from the system.

Interview Questions

• Each choose three questions to ask from a pre-determined list.   1 Answer