Marriott Interview Questions

Updated Sep 17, 2014
Updated Sep 17, 2014

2.6

Front Desk Supervisor Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Marriott.

I was contacted by phone for a pre-screening to check the job description, schedule requirement, and rate of pay were acceptable before proceeding to an in-person interview. I then interviewed with the assistant general manager and has a second interview with the general manager. They asked all behavioral questions. Be prepared with a number of examples from past work and/or school.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time you had to change your work because someone was not responding to your ideas.   Answer Question

Assistant General Manager - Arcadia Restaruant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Marriott.

Interview Process was long and tedious. Detailed online application process, phone screening, phone interview, on site interview with Restaurant Manager, on site interview with restaurant GM, interview with F&B director, interview with 2 HR representatives. Biggest issue was the 2 hours I waited between the final 2 interviews without being warned the anticipated wait time.

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Henderson, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Henderson, NV

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Marriott in May 2014.

I applied in person. Got a call later the same day to set up first interview for the next day. The first interview was with an assistant general manager. Interview went well and I was scheduled for the second interview. The second interview was set for the following week. The second interview was with the other assistant general manager. I was told there were two other candidates and I would hear back the next day. The next day I was offered the position pending drug screen and background check. I did the drug screen and the background was done in one week. Entire process took two weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Why should they chose you rather than the other candidates?   Answer Question
    No pay negotiation.

Housekeeper Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at Marriott.

Applied in person, I talk directly to housekeeping hiring manager, no difficult question was asked only tell me about yourself and work history. Signed a background check paper but I'm still waiting for the result, it's been 2 weeks and a half but still haven't got a call from them

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  North Little Rock, AR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Little Rock, AR

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Marriott.

I was contacted directly after posting my resume online. I was interviewed and hired on the same day. Everything was very service-oriented, as far as the interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • There were actually no difficult nor unexpected questions. For an unsuspecting applicant, "What does good guest service mean to you?" might be a bit unfamiliar.   Answer Question

Front Desk Associate Interview

emailed one week after application. Received a phone call from the company asking questions and invited in for a first interview. Went in and spoke with the manager about previous work experience.

Bartender Interview

Longest interview for bartending ever! I was there for over 3 hours, and met with 5 people. They will all ask the same questions. "examples of when I had to deal with difficult customer" "example of a stressful situation" etc

Interview Questions
    • "How would you get someone to buy a drink who didn't initially order one?"   Answer Question
    Wasnt much negotiation. Wasn't much room for compensation growth

Guest Service Agent Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Marriott.

First, you will be telephone screened like most organization today do. If you sound sane, you will be asked to come in for an interview. Your best bet is to answer everything honestly and show concern for other people. It is the hospitality business, so you must have patience and empathy to fit in.

Interview Questions
    • So you are looking for a job? Think twice about how you answer this question   Answer Question
    If it is not salary based, you will have to make a good point to be paid more. However, the pay is competitive

Greeter Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Marriott.

I was looking for a Summer Job for when I got back from College, and a family friend recommended that I apply at the Marriot in town. They had a few job openings and the Human Relations department was very helpful in choosing the best one with my former work experience. Everyone couldn't have been more helpful with the whole process.

Front Desk Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Copley, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Copley, OH

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Marriott in March 2014.

Went in for an application. They had it emailed to me and I had to go have it printed and bring it back. Ugh. But fine. I jumped through the loop and I added my resume in instead of completing the application's work history section. I had NO hotel experience just a year or two of retail. I highlighted my customer service skills and my knowledge of basic office equipment and hoped for the best. I got a call for an interview the same day. Interviewer was very nice and relatable. I could see why he was in the hospitality industry. I was asked very few typical interview questions...NONE of them were difficult if you have any home-training. I was asked about my pay expectations, why I wanted to work there, the "tell me about yourself" question, asked what i thought the position would be like, told what it would be like, told about some of the policies, asked if i had any questions, etc. Very basic. Interviewer did most of the talking.

Interview Questions
    • If you are on the phone and have two guests waiting in line to check in and a third guest comes up and says there is a leak in their room. What would you do?   View Answer