Marriott

Relevance Date Difficulty

Front Desk Associate Interview

Front Desk Associate

Interviewed at Marriott

Interview Details – I went in to the hotel at the time and date we arranged via phone call, I sat down with the Assistant Manager and the Front Desk Lead. It wasn't stressful. They asked me questions about my resume and we went over the job description I was applying for. They were very respectful and welcoming.

Interview Question – I can't think of any. They were very orthodox with their questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They were understanding of the current job I had at the time and we negotiated my start date and training process.

Hotel Sales Manager Interview

Hotel Sales Manager
Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Marriott in March 2014.

Interview Details – Referral from a friend at the local Convention & Visitors Bureau. I called and emailed the Director of Sales who emailed me back and set up the interview.

Interview Question – Mostly explained my previous employment history and why I want to be in sales. Have a good answer.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Looking for a position with higher pay.

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Marriott.

Interview Details – The process is quite standard. Time and location preference are the first part. Willingness to be relocated, and flexible is always appreciated. Standard BI questions, including strength and weakness, teamwork, ability to solve problem, leadership skills, interpersonal skills and how to deal pressure. Related experience are highly recommended, at least customer service experience.

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you work with a team.   Answer Question

Regional Director of Sales Interview

Regional Director of Sales
Arlington, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Marriott in March 2012.

Interview Details – A highly scripted process was in place when interviewed for a Sales position. The overall scenario and interaction felt very sterile - quite unlike the natural rapport building that happens in sales interactions - and in most Marriott interactions, inside and outside HQ. The process appeared to feel uncomfortable for the panel of interviewers as well. I wonder if they learn what they really need to know about a candidate to judge their capabilities for a job?

Interview Question – Describe the most difficult selling situation you encountered in which you were unsuccessful.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Offer was for a lower level position at 50% of my current salary. It felt insulting.

Very Easy Interview

Anonymous Interview

Bethesda, MD

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Marriott in January 2010.

Interview Details – I initially spoke with a friend who was at Marriott- he described the internship program, how to apply online, and that he would be willing to put in a good word for me. I applied online for the appropriate job req, and then followed up with my friend to tell him that I had applied. I went threw one phone screen and was given an offer a few weeks later.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had made a mistake- what did you do, and what did you tell your manager?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation- all internship offers are alike.

Front Desk Associate Interview

Front Desk Associate
Tucson, AZ

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Marriott in October 2011.

Interview Details – I went through three different interviews

Interview Question – NA   Answer Question

Customer Care Specialist Support Interview

Customer Care Specialist Support

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Marriott.

Interview Details – Online application. They asked to clarify a thing or two on my resume and a few form questions. Very basic and generalized.

Interview Question – Very simple   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Events Specialist Interview

Events Specialist

I applied online and interviewed at Marriott.

Interview Details – Applied online. Called to check on application. Didn't hear back for about 2.5 weeks, finally got a call for an interview. Interviewed with the person who contacted me and the GM (did not know this beforehand). I was expecting the STAR method due to all of the other reviews, but instead the interview was very relaxed and informal. I guess it depends on the property you apply at and the staff there. It was the best interview I have ever had, and we got along great. Yet, I received the lovely rejection email. I really don't think I could have done anything differently; maybe they had an internal hire. Despite this, it was an overall positive experience and I will apply for future openings.

Interview Question – Only STAR question asked was how I handled a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Special Event Attendant Interview

Special Event Attendant

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Marriott.

Interview Details – During the interview, you have to be extremely friendly, outgoing, and energetic.

Interview Question – They didn't ask any difficult question, but they did give you basic scenarios.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They pay very well and have great benefits.

Guest Services Interview

Guest Services

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Marriott.

Interview Details – Had one interview with the AGM and GM-Got hired within 5 days.

Interview Question – None-can not think of any thing at the moment   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Marriott