Marriott Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2015

2.7

Front Desk Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Marriott (New Orleans, LA) in November 2014.

Interview

Transfer from another Marriott property. Initial phone conversation. Followed by a 30-40 minute phone interview. Typical interview questions. Marriott has standard questions that interviewers can use. Hired by phone 3 days later

Front Desk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Marriott (Houston, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied in person on a friday. Got the call for the interview on the following Monday. The manager was really friendly and nice. She asked very few question, but I think it helped that when I applied I walked in with a resume, cover letter, and references ( which included my general manager). I just got the call for the second interview so Ill see what happens.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to resolve a matter with an angry customer.   Answer Question

Reservations Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Solon, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marriott (Solon, OH) in November 2014.

Interview

Apply Online - Email to Refer Back to - Phone Call - Initial Phone Interview - 2nd Interview (face to face) - Sign Paperwork - Go Over Job Description, Pay, and general information - Call With Offer/Reason Why Not Selected within the following week

Banquet Server Interview

Interview

Quick interview, asks for schedule/availability, not many questions...asks when you can work etc.Hired immediately....next day taken to office to sign paperwork online. Staff and boss nice. Later get uniform and name tag and apron and tie and tie clip

Maintenance Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marriott in November 2014.

Interview

Applied online and received a call for initial interview at Starbucks. I was asked general questions and told about the position. Then told I was one of three that would be called back for a second interview with the general manager. 2nd interview was easier than the first.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marriott (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I applied online and received a called maybe two weeks later. I walked in the hotel. It was very elegant, lively, and simply beautiful. The Operation Manager conducted the interview in the lobby. It was very conversational, we even shared a couple of laughs. Questions weren't anything to complicated. Give lots of customer service examples about how you dealt with unfavorable situations. I think she loved that I had tough skin and was able to brush things off and keep rolling in past experiences. So after our interview, she checked to see if her manager was available for my second interview. I went to interview with her and they were the exact same question...easy :) I asked questions about the company and some day-to-day ops. After the interview I met with the Operations Manager and I signed a few papers about background checks and drug screening and I was on my way. I had the position, all I had to do was make sure my drug test, references, and background checks were clear. One week later I got an email saying, "Welcome to the Team!"

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a guest comes to you with a problem and no supervisor is around to help?   1 Answer

Manager, Sales Analysis Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Marriott.

Interview

It's a long process. From the time I submitted my application to the time I was hired, a good 6-7 months went by. The process itself was pretty standard at first: you apply, you get a call from HR to set you up for a phone interview with the recruiter to go over basics (quick review of the position, availability, salary expectations...), then you get a call from the hiring manager to review your qualifications in a little more detail (30 min), then you get called in for in-person interviews. And that's where things get interesting:
    These interviews are with several team members (hiring manager, their peer(s), their boss, their boss' boss, and sometimes even their direct reports (your future peers). But you also learn throughout these interviews that you're being considered for 1+ other position(s) within that group.
    If you interview well, chances are you'll land one of the openings within the group, so overall it's a great process and you have better chances at landing a job. The downside for me was that I had no idea so I couldn't prepare as well for the interviews.

Interview Questions

• On a scale of 1-10 how do you rate your MS Excel skills?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There's was little to no negotiation. I was told what the offer was and that it was the best they could make. Take it or leave it.

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marriott.

Interview

Classis interview with the General Manager and the Front Desk Manager which was followed by a phone call letting me know that I had been made an offer for the position.

Interview Questions

• Explain a difficult situation where you were unable to satisfy the guest and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Marriott.

Interview

You will have to apply online, then the waiting game starts. If your resume is picked, you will get a phone call from the recruiter who will set you up with a phone interview with the hiring manager. Then they'll ask you to come in to meet with different people to interview with. They have a list of questions to ask such as "how you managed to resolve a last minute task" or "how to deal with co-workers who are not personable". A lot of "Can you think about a time when...."

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at Marriott in October 2014.

Interview

The process was simple. I met with the Assistant Manager first, she called the GM and Front Desk Supervisor about 15 mins into the interview. They like when you ask a lot of questions and are customer service driven. I got an email about background check the same day I interviewed and a week later I got an offer letter via email.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They don't negotiate