Marriott

313 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Director Interview

Bethesda, MD

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Marriott in July 2013.

Interview Details – Found the process to be unnecessarily drawn out and not terribly productive or insightful. They've basically been sold a corporate bill of goods by their "HR professionals"... sort of a CYA system called "The STAR System." When implementing this system the HR folks are basically left off the hook if someone were to not work out. I met with countless individuals over nearly 4 months time and oddly enough, never met with a single individual within my specific discipline. I found my recruiter to be incredibly insulting from the git-go and also a bit lazy and condescending at the same time.

Interview Question – It's all based on "The STAR System." A series of questions that all begin with "Can you recall a time when you..." In truth? Had I really been willing to do absolutely anything to get the job? I just would've concocted works of fiction with the painfully obvious desired pat answers.   View Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant

I applied online and interviewed at Marriott.

Interview Details – Submitted resume and was contacted in 2 days for an interview.

Interview Question – Hiring manager asked questions about situations at your previous job and you had to answer in the form of STAR.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No

Senior Director Interview

Senior Director

Interviewed at Marriott

Interview Details – Behavioural interview process after HR screen.

Interview Question – Very scripted interview, very hard to build a connection with interviewers   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Manager Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Marriott.

Interview Details – interesting, tough, be prepared and know your stuff. good people, get through the screening and you'll meet the actual manager you'll report to, there's your chance to make an impression. Marriott does a lot of panel interviews, don't be intimidated if 4 or 5 people show up

Interview Question – there weren't any unexpected questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate

Front Desk Associate Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Marriott in November 2010.

Interview Details – I had 2 interviews. Questions where detailed and numerous. All the people that I met during the interview process where very nice and welcoming.

Interview Question – What was one of my biggest problems with my current management.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Base hourly pay for my job postion

Front Desk Agent Interview

Front Desk Agent

I applied online and interviewed at Marriott.

Interview Details – The Front Office manager called me for an interview after years of applying at different locations. Questions were all about customer service and difficult situations.

Interview Question – Name a time when you had to make a customer happy who was initially unhappy.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation....Marriott doesn't pay great.

Loss Prevention Officer Interview

Phoenix, AZ

I applied online - interviewed at Marriott in September 2009.

Interview Details – Hiring process will start with applying online. Marriott utilizes a third party company to screen applicants and works with the Hiring Managers onsite to identify potential candidates.
Initial contact is made to applicant for purposes of conducting a phone screen. This is a prelim.interview. If candidate meets the requirements and seems to be a fit, they will then be brought onsite for a face to face interview. Depending on the position, there may be several interviews throughout the process.

Interview Question – Here are few questions:

1) Tell me about a time when you had a problem, but there was no manager around to consult? How did you feel? What did you do? What was the result?

2) Have you been in situations where policy told you to do one thing but the customer wanted something else? How did you feel? What did you did do? What were the results?
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – Very strict on the offer, not much room for negotiation.

Steward Interview

Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Marriott in November 2012.

Interview Details – One-on-one interview. Most asked about past experience. This company really uses the STAR method when interviewing everyone.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had to convince someone.   View Answer

Night Auditor Interview

Night Auditor
Langhorne, PA

I applied in-person - interviewed at Marriott in June 2012.

Interview Details – They reviewed my resume and interviewed me immediately. I was asked questions about my resume and experiences. I was also asked how do you handle conflict, especially with a coworker. Companies always say "tell me about yourself." Please remember to say something that compliments your resume not your resume (the recruiters can read).

Interview Question – I don't recall any difficult question. Most of the questions I looked up online prior to the interview and practiced answers applicable to me and my experiences.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was told I would be making $10 an hour.

Banquet Server Interview

Overland Park, KS

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Marriott in April 2013.

Interview Details – When I went in for my first interview I had class later and the manager was late because I could not for the life of me remember her name and the front desk didn't know which manager I was supposed to interview with but at the second interview I was told that if it was up to her I would be hired on the spot. So it was pretty fun. Although they do drug tests and background checks. When everything came back crystal I was told that if I still was interested in the job it was mine.

Interview Question – In school or work what was a kind of problem that you had and had to have help to solve it and how did you go about asking them for help?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Marriott