Marriott

375 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Marketing Director Interview

Marketing Director

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Marriott in January 2014.

Interview Details – The person interviewing had not read my resume. The interview was conducted with general/open relevant questions. I wish the interviewer had taken the time to see my reuse in detail and allow me the opportunity to discuss specifics. I feel that I did not have a fair chance.

Interview Question – How to deal with a very difficult boss   View Answer

Assistant Executive Housekeeping Supervisor Interview

Assistant Executive Housekeeping Supervisor
Canton, OH

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Marriott in January 2014.

Interview Details – The interview process went easy, I was greeted by the Executive Housekeeper and the AGM, who were both very nice and thorough with the job description. They interviewed me off of a company standard questionnaire, and proceeded to ask me the normal questions about how I would handle certain situations, and how I function a s a team player. I then went on a tour through the property and was shown the rooms and the public areas, as well as met a few of the employees. I sat back down with the ladies and discussed availability and transportation. The AGM then told me I would be notified of a conformation of a background check and told me I would be notified 5-7 days of the results.

Interview Question – "What mistake have you made in the past, and what did you do to fix it?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation, but an hourly rate and after 90 days and a 3% increase plus benefits.

Baker Interview

Baker

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Marriott in January 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online on a Tuesday evening and was called on Friday to schedule an interview the following Tuesday. I interviewed with the bakery manager, went on a tour of the facility, and was told when to expect a callback (Friday/Saturday). I got a call the next day offering me the job.

Interview Question – Explain how you use the skills you have learned.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was made an offer and accepted it.

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Regional Sales Manager

Interviewed at Marriott

Interview Details – In order to get started with Marriott, you will go through a third party company, Hewitt. Interview is around S.T.A.R. process. Examples, examples, examples!

Negotiation Details – Not applicable.

Senior Quality Assurance Analyst Interview

Senior Quality Assurance Analyst
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Marriott in July 2013.

Interview Details – I was hired for an internal job posting after my old position (Senior Systems Analyst) was eliminated in a company-wide restructuring of IT services. All candidates were required to take a personality assessment test. Passing the test was the only way to be interviewed for a position. Then one had to locate a suitable opening, apply for the job by submitting a resume, as if you had never worked for Marriott before.

Interview Question – Several questions related to ITIL processes relating to service assurance and problem determination and escalation.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, I was hired at my current salary and benefits level.

Group Sales Manager Interview

Group Sales Manager
Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Marriott in February 2012.

Interview Details – As with all Marriott interviews, follows the STAR process (situational interviews). Come prepared with a Situation/Task, Action and Result from past applicable experiences to roughly 8-10 questions that will be asked!

Interview Question – Tell me about a time where you were unable to win over a team to gain buy-in over a major business decision.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was pretty rigid, could tell they manage payroll closely but was still a fair competitive offer based on others I was given at Hilton, Hyatt.

Management Trainee Interview

Management Trainee

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Marriott.

Interview Details – Long and exhaustive interview process. Every move you make is noted. Ask a lot of questions. Be prepared to give specific examples to behavioral questions. The interviews alone are not that long, however there is a lot of waiting involved. There is a recruiter available to you at all times for questions and advice, which was very helpful.

Interview Question – There was a mixer with company managers and executives from all over. Most interviewees thought this was free time, but it is a test. Be sure to interact with as many people as possible and ask questions. Be noticed and remembered. DO NOT drink alcohol at the bar, even though it is available.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation as far as salary. You can have some choice in geographical placement, but it all depends on availability.

Loss Prevention Officer Interview

Loss Prevention Officer
San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Marriott in January 2013.

Interview Details – The Hiring Process goes like this. you have you first interview with the Loss prevention supervisor. if that goes well, you are called back for an interview with the director of operations. if that also goes well, you will be called(usually same visit as second interview) to be interviewed by the executives. if all goes well, you start training within a weeks time. you also get sent for off site training which is paid for. this training covers specific Hotel security operations and responsibilities.

Interview Question – none that I can think of.   Answer Question

Lobby Host Interview

Lobby Host
Sarasota, FL

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Marriott in October 2011.

Interview Details – Found the job on craigslist. Was interviewed by AGM first then by both AGM and GM.

Very Easy Interview

Server Interview

Server

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Marriott in January 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and soon thereafter received an email from the Hotel to complete an online assessment. After completing the HR Director emailed me the next day to set up an interview. Pretty straight foward interview. I did not meet with the Banquet Manager before being hired but he turned out to be a nice guy.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult as I recall. I was asked how I would handle certain situations in dealing with hard to please guests.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – This was an hourly job,