Marriott

2.6

Telecommunications Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Marriott.

I was contacted by phone to come in for an interview. The interview process was conducted with me and two other people the manager and supervisor for the department. I also had to come in and interview with Human resources department. While Marriott usually has you interview with General Manager of the company i did not have to do that.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked how i would handle an angry guest at the hotel regarding information of events going on at the hotel.   Answer Question
    I received a phone call from human resources that they wanted to hire me and would i accept the position.

Front Office Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Marriott.

Standard board type interview, because I was out of state the initial interview was a conference call between me and 4 others. They immediately told me at end of interview they wanted to meet me and set up a second interview for me to head up there. 2nd interview was between myself and 4 others, was offered the position after they called all my references and all of my past employers. So do not lie on your resume, they called all of them even as far back as 10 years ago.

Negotiated early performance review with pay raise.

Front Desk Receptionist Interview

Long waiting period for set up of interview. Asked questions which were not relevant to the position. More excuses for slowness of process than friendliness and apologies to which were met by more hoops to jump through.

Interview Questions
    • What can you bring that no one else has already brought to the team?   Answer Question

Restaurant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Marriott.

I applied online. About a week later someone called for a phone interview. I didn't expect to be interviewed that day and thought the interview didn't go well but two weeks later was called to interview with the chef. After interviewing with the chef, there is a practical. I received a call from the chef the next day asking if I was still looking for employment but no offer was made.

Account Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Marriott.

It was OK. You need to understand the market you're going into very well or else they will grill you with questions and know you don't know what you're talking about.

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID
    Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

I applied in-person – interviewed at Marriott in June 2014.

I applied in person, and in about a week, they called me to invite for an interview. The interview went really well. I felt at ease as if I was talking to a friend. The manager was awesome. She made me sit in an exercise chair. I thought it was funny :) Unfortunately, I never got a call back from them.

Interview Questions
    • there were no difficult or unexpected questions. the questions were as follows: What do you think your position will be like? Why front desk is important? What is a team work for you? Do you have siblings?   Answer Question

Night Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Marriott in June 2014.

I was contacted by someone from the front desk and set up an interview. He didn't ask any questions, he just made the appointment. They were doing flash interviews--about 15 minutes--of several people, and we were interviewed in the lobby within earshot of the other candidates. A little awkward to have your competition listening in, but I understand that this was simply due to the size of the location. I was told they still had three more days of interviews and that there wouldn't be a decision for a while.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me to tell them about myself & give them some background, and then it was all STAR questions ("Name a time when...").   Answer Question

Guest Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Marriott in June 2014.

I arrived and Waited 30 minutes to be interviewed. They were conducting several interviews in surrounding rooms, as I waited. The interview was cut and dry, questions such as tell me about yourself, what are your strengths and weaknesses, what do you do now, do you have any questions for me, we'll get back to you this week after we've completed the hiring process.

Lead Loss Prevention Officer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marriott.

Communication was excellent. I always knew where I was along the hiring process. Most difficult thing to understand is that they use a script for every interview. Most are tailored to the specific job but as a general consensus, they use the same format for everything from Cook to Engineer to LP.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really difficult. They ask mostly 3 part questions. Situation you were involved in. how you dealt with it, and the ultimate outcome of it. This is pretty standard for all the interview questions that they will ask, so jus tbe prepared for it.   Answer Question
    Not hard at all.

Front Desk Supervisor Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marriott.

I was contacted by phone for a pre-screening to check the job description, schedule requirement, and rate of pay were acceptable before proceeding to an in-person interview. I then interviewed with the assistant general manager and has a second interview with the general manager. They asked all behavioral questions. Be prepared with a number of examples from past work and/or school.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time you had to change your work because someone was not responding to your ideas.   Answer Question