Marriott

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Management Development Program

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Marriott in April 2010.

Interview Details – Two months after having applied for this position online I finally recieved an email from the corporate recruiter inviting me to an in-person interview with only 24 hours of response time to the email, thankfully I check my email frequently and responded promptly.

Upon arriving to the interview I was prompted by the corporate recruiter to manually fill out an extensive paper application even though I had already submitted similar information in my online application. The recruiter stated that she would not be conducting the interviews but instead a local Director of HR from a Marriott hotel property would conduct my interview.

The one-on-one interview consisted of structured questions with mostly behavioral questions, there was an odd pause of silence after every answer I gave while the interviewer scribbled on her papers, the interviewer stated she was tired of all the paperwork but the company forced her to do so. At the end of the interview she stated she was very impressed and gave me the impression that I was approved to the next round interview and stated that I would recieve an online assessment within 24 hours.

After 24 hours I had not recieved an online assessment, the assessment instead arrived three days later along with a brief apology email from the corporate recruiter stating there was a system error. The online assessment took a full hour to complete and was highly subjective and strictly behavioral type questions, it is very unfortunate that this online assessment system is used to make hiring decisions.

A week later I recieved a non-personalized email from the corporate recruiter stating that I did not go to the next round.

Interview Question – How do you know people trust you? Give me a real life example.   Answer Question

Management Development Program

The process took a day - interviewed at Marriott in February 2010.

Interview Details – College recruitment allowed for interviews with Marriott. Was granted a 1:1 interview with the recruiter. Consisted of basic behavioral interview questions for about 35-40 minutes. Then a 5-10 minute period where I could ask questions. Shortly after being interviewed, a personality assessment was sent via email. Took about 45 minutes to take. Next step is being offered a second interview.

Interview Question – "How do you know that people can trust you?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Have not completed the interview process yet

Management Development Program

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Marriott in December 2008.

Interview Details – Initial behavioral nterview with recruiter, followed up by an online skills test that ranks you based on how you answer a series of leadership and behavioral questions. That test takes about 45 minutes to an hour. Then was sent on a second interview to meet with two people who did a very similar behavioral interview. Waited about two weeks before receiving job offer.

Interview Question – Gicve me an example of a time when you had to help another coworker with their work in order to get the job done.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not particularly. At the time I was happy to have a job and did not want to risk my offer by negotiating a reasonable offer.

Worked for Marriott? Contribute to the Community!