Marriott

Marriott Management Development Program Interview Questions

3.3

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Management Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marriott in April 2010.

Two months after having applied for this position online I finally recieved an email from the corporate recruiter inviting me to an in-person interview with only 24 hours of response time to the email, thankfully I check my email frequently and responded promptly.

Upon arriving to the interview I was prompted by the corporate recruiter to manually fill out an extensive paper application even though I had already submitted similar information in my online application. The recruiter stated that she would not be conducting the interviews but instead a local Director of HR from a Marriott hotel property would conduct my interview.

The one-on-one interview consisted of structured questions with mostly behavioral questions, there was an odd pause of silence after every answer I gave while the interviewer scribbled on her papers, the interviewer stated she was tired of all the paperwork but the company forced her to do so. At the end of the interview she stated she was very impressed and gave me the impression that I was approved to the next round interview and stated that I would recieve an online assessment within 24 hours.

After 24 hours I had not recieved an online assessment, the assessment instead arrived three days later along with a brief apology email from the corporate recruiter stating there was a system error. The online assessment took a full hour to complete and was highly subjective and strictly behavioral type questions, it is very unfortunate that this online assessment system is used to make hiring decisions.

A week later I recieved a non-personalized email from the corporate recruiter stating that I did not go to the next round.

Interview Questions
  • How do you know people trust you? Give me a real life example.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Marriott

Management Development Program Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Marriott in February 2010.

College recruitment allowed for interviews with Marriott. Was granted a 1:1 interview with the recruiter. Consisted of basic behavioral interview questions for about 35-40 minutes. Then a 5-10 minute period where I could ask questions. Shortly after being interviewed, a personality assessment was sent via email. Took about 45 minutes to take. Next step is being offered a second interview.

Interview Questions
    Have not completed the interview process yet

Management Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Marriott in December 2008.

Initial behavioral nterview with recruiter, followed up by an online skills test that ranks you based on how you answer a series of leadership and behavioral questions. That test takes about 45 minutes to an hour. Then was sent on a second interview to meet with two people who did a very similar behavioral interview. Waited about two weeks before receiving job offer.

Interview Questions
    • Gicve me an example of a time when you had to help another coworker with their work in order to get the job done.   Answer Question
    Not particularly. At the time I was happy to have a job and did not want to risk my offer by negotiating a reasonable offer.