Marriott

Updated Oct 8, 2014

2.7

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Management Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Marriott in September 2014.

I applied through my school and got selected for an interview. There was an information session the day before where they explained the program and the different brands then gave some insight into how the interview would be structured and potential questions. At the interview they went through my resume and then asked a bunch of behavioral questions - basically, "tell me a situation where XYZ happened and how did you handle it". After the interview I was sent an online assessment to complete and then waited a little over two weeks to hear if I had been invited into the second round of interviews where they fly you out to one of their hotels for kind of like a conference for interviewees. I ended up not getting asked to the second round.

One of the major problems I had with the interview process was the disorganization that there seemed to be overall. After applying, I didn't find out that I had been selected to do an interview until the day of the info session, which was a day before the scheduled interviews. I'm a pretty busy person so this gave me very little time to prepare and also interfered with my other activities at school due to it being so last minute. At the info session, the recruiter spent almost the entire time on the brands and ended up rushing through the rest of her slides at the end of the hour. Also, for my interview, I had to wait almost an hour past my scheduled interview time because the woman I was supposed to interview with took so long with the previous interviewee (I ended up just interviewing with the other recruiter that was there, I think she felt bad that I had been sitting so long). After my interview I was told that I would be receiving the online assessment via email by the end of the day (Friday) and, after still not receiving the assessment, I had to email the recruiter on Sunday to follow up and request they send it to me, which they did do on Monday. It seemed like every step of the way there were issues, and it was really off-putting to me.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me a time you worked with a diverse team. What were the challenges and how did you handle them?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Marriott

Management Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Marriott.

Long and exhaustive interview process. Every move you make is noted. Ask a lot of questions. Be prepared to give specific examples to behavioral questions. The interviews alone are not that long, however there is a lot of waiting involved. There is a recruiter available to you at all times for questions and advice, which was very helpful.

Interview Questions
    • There was a mixer with company managers and executives from all over. Most interviewees thought this was free time, but it is a test. Be sure to interact with as many people as possible and ask questions. Be noticed and remembered. DO NOT drink alcohol at the bar, even though it is available.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation as far as salary. You can have some choice in geographical placement, but it all depends on availability.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Marriott in January 2012.

Wonderful!

Interview Questions
    • When was the last time you made a difficult decision?   View Answer
    No. Marriott knows this is a first-time post-grad job, and they will not negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Marriott in January 2012.

Laid back interview. A lot of situation questions - how did you handle this that and the third? Tell me about a situation where..?

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you implemented a new program?   View Answer

Management Trainee Interview

Campus interview and final interview with managers from different Marriott's from different states. Final interview was more so of a networking opportunity and most people who make it to the final interview are given an offer.

Interview Questions
    • All questions are behavorial. Give specific examples or be a good story teller.   Answer Question
    Entry level is not really negotiable.

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurangābād, Maharashtra (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurangābād, Maharashtra (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Marriott.

It was a skill and personality test interview with an on the spot sales ability test

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to sell a pair of 40,000 INR shoes to the Director of Sales who had a 20,000 INR budget   View Answers (2)
    Non Negotiable