Marriott

Relevance Date Difficulty

Front Desk Agent Interview

Front Desk Agent
Miami, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Marriott in January 2012.

Interview Details – very easy not many questions hired on spot

Interview Question – describe a time when you gave great customer service?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Management Trainee Interview

Management Trainee
Miami, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Marriott in January 2012.

Interview Details – Laid back interview. A lot of situation questions - how did you handle this that and the third? Tell me about a situation where..?

Interview Question – Tell me about a time where you implemented a new program?   View Answer

Guest Services Representative Interview

Guest Services Representative
Miami, FL

The process took a day - interviewed at Marriott in January 2012.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by the Front Desk manager first, then the Area manager, and Finally their boss. It took about an hour and a half and was pretty intensive. I got an offer off the bat. They ask open ended questions such as "Have you ever had a work experience were you came short of your expectations" and "Have you ever seen a coworker struggling and what did you do about it?" It was about 20 questions like this. I did not get any questions about my previous experience. They just want to see how you handled different situations in the past. The 2 questions that caught me most off guard are "Why do you want to work at this Marriott" (specifically) and "Where do you see yourself in a year?" Just because they are so direct and you know your answer could make or break the interview!

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in one year?   View Answer
  • Have you ever had an experience where you anticipated the customers needs?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Marriott has great benefits and offered a better salary than the other places I applied. Given I dont have any previous hotel experience, I took the offer off the bat.

Housekeeping Interview

Housekeeping
Miami, FL

The process took a day - interviewed at Marriott in January 2010.

Interview Details – Pretty good organize but after the interviewer saw how much i was making in New York, she asked "is that for real ?"

Interview Question – Money moneeey there is a huge difference in salaries between the north states and the south states (even in the same company)   Answer Question

Recreation Interview

Recreation
Miami, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Marriott in June 2010.

Interview Details – I had two interviews over 3 weeks, one with my direct manager and the last with the HR manager It was a good interview but they went with someone with a degree in recreation, which makes sense.

Interview Question – What has been your hardest obstacle?   View Answer

Sale Associate Interview

Sale Associate
Miami, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Marriott in June 2010.

Interview Details – The office seemed very relaxed and dress was business casual at best, friendly people and nice location.

Interview Question – They give u a magazine advertisement and you have to list positives and negatives of it   Answer Question

Worked for Marriott? Contribute to the Community!