Marriott Night Auditor Interview Questions

Updated May 29, 2015

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Marriott (Cleveland, OH) in June 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by someone from the front desk and set up an interview. He didn't ask any questions, he just made the appointment. They were doing flash interviews--about 15 minutes--of several people, and we were interviewed in the lobby within earshot of the other candidates. A little awkward to have your competition listening in, but I understand that this was simply due to the size of the location. I was told they still had three more days of interviews and that there wouldn't be a decision for a while.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to tell them about myself & give them some background, and then it was all STAR questions ("Name a time when...").   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Marriott

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Marriott (Orange, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

Easy, it was really more about if I could handle the hours (10pm - 6:30am) and if I had customer service experience. Everything else was taught to me after the hiring process. Like how their systems worked how to do all of the "audit" duties. I was also shown the nightly check list that needed to be complete.

Interview Questions

• Typical "how would you handle x y z" questions. Pretty straight forward.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Marriott (Tampa, FL) in March 2014.

Interview

Application is online and involves submitting a CV/Resume and then filling out basic info that isn't pulled from CV automatically. Then a questionnaire related to your job application. Phone call to arrange an interview took place just over 1 week later. Interview scheduled at my convenience the next day. Interview was with a hiring manager who was also to be my supervising manager.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions focused on relating specific examples of times I handled various situations. Issues ranging from: Handling angry or stressful guests, handling co-workers under-performing, being given too many tasks or too large of a task to complete in time.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Marriott (Tallahassee, FL).

Interview

I applied online and received an email about furthering the process via an interview. The interview was with the Front Desk supervisor, Assistant manager and the general manager. All three took turns asking STAR interview questions. "Tell me about a Time when..." Nothing was too difficult or out of the ordinary.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were too difficult. Just explain past experiences from other related jobs or projects in as much detail as possible.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Salary was set based upon the hotel, job title and area.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Marriott (Saint Louis, MO) in April 2013.

Interview

The process was pretty simple. I interviewed with three different people who just try to get a feel for who you are and what you can bring to the table. Overall it was a positive experience. Questions were not challenging at all.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer and how did you handle that?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marriott (New Orleans, LA).

Interview

I was called about 2 weeks after completing the online application. After an interview was scheduled for the following day, I received an email stating that I was no longer in consideration for the position. Confused as to why I was offered an interview and rejected within an hour, I called the hiring manager who stated she did not know why this error had occurred and that my interview was still scheduled.

Interview Questions

• What would you do with irate clientele who could not be comforted with apologies or comps?   Answer Question

The position was Sunday-Thursday and 11PM - 8AM. And for the first few weeks I would have to fill in on Friday and Saturday for the part-time auditor. This wasn't possible for me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Langhorne, PA

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Marriott (Langhorne, PA) in June 2012.

Interview

They reviewed my resume and interviewed me immediately. I was asked questions about my resume and experiences. I was also asked how do you handle conflict, especially with a coworker. Companies always say "tell me about yourself." Please remember to say something that compliments your resume not your resume (the recruiters can read).

Interview Questions

• I don't recall any difficult question. Most of the questions I looked up online prior to the interview and practiced answers applicable to me and my experiences.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was told I would be making $10 an hour.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Marriott (Newport Beach, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

Three part interview. The first is with a Supervisor. The Second with the Manager of the department, and the third with the Assistant General Manager (in my case it was for Front Desk, so I would be interacting with guests). Each interview is structured based on questions. "Tell me about a situation when you did _____". It was a lot of "think of an example when you ______".

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about a time when you failed to meet a customers expectations, and what was your action, what was the outcome."   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daytona Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Marriott (Daytona Beach, FL) in March 2011.

Interview

The interview and hiring process were very simple. I applied online, and received a call back. When I went in for my interview, I was greeted by the Front Desk Agent, and they asked me to wait for the supervisor. The Operations Manager came out a few minutes later and conducted a preliminary interview. After a quick few questions with her, she brought in the Assistant General Manager and General Manager. There were a few more questions, mostly open ended that required a story or experience. I received a call later that day asking if I would like to accept the position.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions were fairly standard entry level customer service questions. None stand out as being particularly difficult or unexpected.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. They made an offer, I asked if they would make it higher given my experience, and they said that was the base rate. No exceptions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Marriott (Denver, CO) in August 2010.

Interview

Both interviews were behavioral in nature. No real technical info for a customer service position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to handle an irate guest?   Answer Question