Marriott

2.5

15 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Marriott in June 2014.

I was contacted by someone from the front desk and set up an interview. He didn't ask any questions, he just made the appointment. They were doing flash interviews--about 15 minutes--of several people, and we were interviewed in the lobby within earshot of the other candidates. A little awkward to have your competition listening in, but I understand that this was simply due to the size of the location. I was told they still had three more days of interviews and that there wouldn't be a decision for a while.

Interview Questions
  • They asked me to tell them about myself & give them some background, and then it was all STAR questions ("Name a time when...").   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Marriott

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Marriott.

I applied online and received an email about furthering the process via an interview. The interview was with the Front Desk supervisor, Assistant manager and the general manager. All three took turns asking STAR interview questions. "Tell me about a Time when..." Nothing was too difficult or out of the ordinary.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were too difficult. Just explain past experiences from other related jobs or projects in as much detail as possible.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Salary was set based upon the hotel, job title and area.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Marriott in April 2013.

The process was pretty simple. I interviewed with three different people who just try to get a feel for who you are and what you can bring to the table. Overall it was a positive experience.
    Questions were not challenging at all.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer and how did you handle that?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marriott.

I was called about 2 weeks after completing the online application. After an interview was scheduled for the following day, I received an email stating that I was no longer in consideration for the position. Confused as to why I was offered an interview and rejected within an hour, I called the hiring manager who stated she did not know why this error had occurred and that my interview was still scheduled.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do with irate clientele who could not be comforted with apologies or comps?   Answer Question

The position was Sunday-Thursday and 11PM - 8AM. And for the first few weeks I would have to fill in on Friday and Saturday for the part-time auditor. This wasn't possible for me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Langhorne, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Langhorne, PA

I applied in-person – interviewed at Marriott in June 2012.

They reviewed my resume and interviewed me immediately. I was asked questions about my resume and experiences. I was also asked how do you handle conflict, especially with a coworker. Companies always say "tell me about yourself." Please remember to say something that compliments your resume not your resume (the recruiters can read).

Interview Questions
    • I don't recall any difficult question. Most of the questions I looked up online prior to the interview and practiced answers applicable to me and my experiences.   Answer Question
    I was told I would be making $10 an hour.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Marriott in April 2011.

Three part interview. The first is with a Supervisor. The Second with the Manager of the department, and the third with the Assistant General Manager (in my case it was for Front Desk, so I would be interacting with guests). Each interview is structured based on questions. "Tell me about a situation when you did _____". It was a lot of "think of an example when you ______".

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me about a time when you failed to meet a customers expectations, and what was your action, what was the outcome."   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daytona Beach, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daytona Beach, FL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Marriott in March 2011.

The interview and hiring process were very simple. I applied online, and received a call back. When I went in for my interview, I was greeted by the Front Desk Agent, and they asked me to wait for the supervisor. The Operations Manager came out a few minutes later and conducted a preliminary interview. After a quick few questions with her, she brought in the Assistant General Manager and General Manager. There were a few more questions, mostly open ended that required a story or experience. I received a call later that day asking if I would like to accept the position.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions were fairly standard entry level customer service questions. None stand out as being particularly difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. They made an offer, I asked if they would make it higher given my experience, and they said that was the base rate. No exceptions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Marriott in August 2010.

Both interviews were behavioral in nature. No real technical info for a customer service position.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to handle an irate guest?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oceanside, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oceanside, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Marriott in April 2010.

Currently, due to serious amounts of new applicants, interview one is a group interview where only the most energetic, personable, and intelligent applicants get pushed to the 2nd interview. Marriott jobs are all about customer service. If you can show you are skilled and that you will be friendly with the guests, your chances are higher. Experience is not as important as your willingness to go the extra step for the guests.

At the end of the interview, pay will be discussed. Salaries are not negotiable. Each job has its pay range, and unless you have vast experience in that same job, it is unlikely they will give you a higher rate than starting the starting pay range.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a difficult situation in your previous job and how you dealt with it.   View Answer
    Salaries are not negotiable. Unless you are transferring and are already at a higher range you will likely be offered starting pay. FD is 10, NA is 11. Sales is 14. If you make silly salary requests your application will be thrown out. ie: Don't put your minimum wage that you will accept as 14 for a Front Desk job that a High School Grad could do.

Night Auditor Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Marriott in April 2010.

pretty straight forward, i was hired for the job

Interview Questions
    • What are some qualities you can bring to rhe team for this job position?   View Answer
    • what is something about yourself that you need to work on?   View Answer