Marriott Vacation Club

40 candidate interviews

Senior Analyst Interview

Senior Analyst
Orlando, FL

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Marriott Vacation Club in July 2010.

Interview Details – STAR QUESTIONS

Interview Question – Describe a situation where you used your technical skills   View Answer

Sales Executive Interview

Sales Executive

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Marriott Vacation Club in May 2009.

Interview Details – Great company, I actually transferred from the Ritz. They called me in and I did a Gallup Poll. I answered like I thought a "sales person" would. Strongly agree or disagree. A few weeks and I got the interview. 4 managers--2 hours. Lots of rapid fire questions, then more personality ones. Have I ever sold before? (no) Why would I succeed in this career?

Everyone was very friendly, staff and team were all very pleasant. Now that I work their, I take about 2 months off per year and still make six-figures.

Interview Question – Why do you think you will succeed in sales?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiation. You get an hourly wage and you are on a 100% draw. If you sell you get paid. If not...well I am the last one left from my training class from a few years ago.

Operations Manager Interview

Operations Manager
Lakeland, FL

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Marriott Vacation Club in July 2009.

Interview Details – You must find a position you wish to apply for either on their website or a job board. The recruiters review the qualifications against the job description set forth by the hiring manager. The recruiter will send the applicants resume to the hiring manager to see if they wish to meet with the applicant. If so, the applicant will be called in and the 3 part hiring process begins. First the manager uses a questionnaire based on the experiences in different areas and how the applicant handled it. If the manager wants to progress with the applicant, the recruiter will contact the applicant and schedule an interview with the hiring managers boss. They will do the same type of interview but ask different questions. The two interviewers then rate the quality of the answers and compare how each other rated the applicant. If the scores are good and they agree that this is a good match, the hiring manager will contact the recruiter asking them to set a time to meet with the hiring manager so a verbal offer can be made. Once the applicant is given the verbal offer and accepts it. A written offer is signed and the interview process is over and a start date is established.

Interview Question – Since they use a format which bases the interview on what issues the applicant has faced and what they did to resolve it and the result, all of the questions will be unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They told me the salary when they gave the verbal offer. It was within my range so ther was no negotiation. However, they do not negotiate the salary offered unless they really wanted you and it fit in the middle to top of the pay range.

Front Desk Supervisor Interview

Front Desk Supervisor

Interviewed at Marriott Vacation Club

Interview Details – Marriott works a point system scale for all answers. There typically isnt. Wrong or right answer BUT there are strong & week answers.

Basically you will need to be as thorough as possible with your answers, stick to the point, while hitting these main categories.

1) The issue or problem.
2) what happened.
3) the actions that lead issue/problem
4)the actions you took to resolve the issue/problem
5) was it resolved.

Not all examples/answers have to be resolved. They can also be a learning experience. In which case, be sure to state what you would do next time.

Always dress the part.
Bring resume & portfolio pad, take notes!
Have at least 2 questions to ask interviewer.
Ask when you should here back. (Follow up!)
ALWAYS end the interview by asking for the job "I would love to have the oppt. to work with marriott. I look forward to growing with the company." let them kbw that if they have any further questions for you that you will be more than happy to provide them with any info they may need. Thank the interviewer.

Always, send thank you card!!! No matter what.

Good luck!

Interview Question – Depends   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Always ask more than what you want. They are going to offer u base no matter what. Whatever u settle on always ask for an extra review & raise after 30-90 days.

At Your Service Agent Interview

At Your Service Agent
Orlando, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Marriott Vacation Club in December 2012.

Interview Details – This was one of the best interview processes I had (even though I didn't receive a job offer) I applied on line and about a day later i received a phone call from a Guest Service Manager he basically went over stuff on my resume, asked a couple questions and explained the job descriptions. When I met for the interview it was with the Guest Service Manager and the Front Desk Manager. The two of them were the nicest most down to earth guys I have ever interviewed with. They did not make me feel nervous or anything. The questions got me though, some were easy and others made you think. An easy question was worded to make you think.

Interview Question – I honestly don't remember they were easy questions but worded to make them harder to answer.   Answer Question

Front Desk Intern Interview

Front Desk Intern
Park City, UT

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Marriott Vacation Club.

Interview Details – Position was posted on school e-recruting website. Besides submitting a resume online, it is also required that applicants apply online at marriott.com/careers. Applicants will be contacted via email for an interview time. The interview lasted about 20 minutes. Bring multiple copies of resume as there were three individuals in my interview.

Interview Question – All questions in the interview follow the STAR (situation, task, action, result) interview guide. Questions following this model included: tell us a time you were in a leadership position, faced a problem, and how did you resolve that problem?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Wages are not negotiable.

Vacation Planning Counselor Interview

Vacation Planning Counselor
Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Marriott Vacation Club in January 2010.

Interview Details – STAR interview - situation task action result. Be detailed on specific situations, focus on positive customer service situations. Tell them how you helped the customer. First you get to apply online and take a ridiculous personality test that will probably keep you from even getting a call. Answer these questions with mostly 1's and 5's, don't put more than $15 per hour as your desired wage. Also don't put school schedule desired. If you get a call you'll get a short pre interview from hr, then a long difficult one from a manager.

Interview Question – Tell me about a difficult situation or person you've dealt with?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Sales Executive Interview

Sales Executive
Saint Thomas, VI

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Marriott Vacation Club in January 2010.

Interview Details – You answer an add for the position by calling the HR department. Go through a basic interview too see if you can be passed on to the next step. You have to take a sales aptitude test on-line now as the second step of the process. Then depending how you scored (no one ever See's this number..... EVER? So don't ask, it's private? Then you go in for a panel interview with sales management too see if you pass this hurdle? If they are interested you will get a phone call with offering the job and where to report for orientation.

Interview Question – How important are vacations to you and your family?   View Answer

Vacation Planner Interview

Vacation Planner
Orlando, FL

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Marriott Vacation Club in January 2014.

Interview Details – Very demanding pre-interview on-line or in person assestment test. Takes about forty-vive minutes to complete. Ask questions inquiring your personal attitudes and habits on particular work situations, past actions, and future attitudes and actions in a particular working situation or overall attitude. If sales, trying to attempt your aggresive or lack if aggresiveness in being active or ambivalent in a sales presentation and closing attempt.

Interview Question – Whwt motivates you the most in a sales work position?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiating, just accept.

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Marriott Vacation Club.

Interview Details – I went through 3 phone interviews and each person I talked to was so nice and friendly. It was a very comfortable interview and they really seemed interested in what you had to say about your past experiences and passions.

Interview Question – Think of a time when you came across a problem in the workplace and how you went about handling and overcoming it.   Answer Question

Worked for Marriott Vacation Club? Contribute to the Community!