Marriott Vacation Club

Updated Nov 2, 2014

2.8

Front Desk Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marriott Vacation Club in March 2013.

The first part of the application process is a non human process. All applications are submitted electronically. The system looks for certain key items in each application to let go through or be politely declined. As for the one on one personal interview. Marriott Vacation club goes through a stand grading matrix and pre-selected questions. Many are the same through each interview. There are two to three levels of interviews. Theres the phone interview (optional), the one on one interview with a supervisor or manager of the department, then their director or direct line of authority. Near the end of the hiring process, there is a mandatory background and drug test.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time, where you personally had a difficult situation and had to ask others for help.   Answer Question

Marketing Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Marriott Vacation Club.

lengthy phone screening, in-person interview with hiring manager and select ppl from the team. Was hired after 3 interactions.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever woken up in the middle of the night and thought about an answer to a problem you were facing? Tell me about it.   Answer Question
    entry level job, not much negotiating room

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singer Island, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singer Island, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Marriott Vacation Club in June 2012.

Sit with manager, next step is to meet Director of Sales. Hired or not.

No negotiating - 100% commission

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Marriott Vacation Club in September 2013.

Received phone call from hiring manager. Interviewed 3 days later. First interviewed with Hiring Managers colleague. Then interviewed with hiring manager.

Very simple process. Tell me about a time.. blah blah blah. Was also asked to walk through resume. Both employees were very pleasant and it was a nice overall experience.

Administrative Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Marriott Vacation Club.

Did not participate in an interview as I was recruited by a former manager that I had worked with at competing company. After accepting the job offer, I underwent a background check and a drug test which took a total of 3 days. After that, I set a start date to begin work.

Interview Questions
    • What can you bring to this position that will increase our department revenue?   View Answer
    There is was no room for negotiations. The annual salary was fixed.

Guest Services/Front Desk Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Marriott Vacation Club.

Easy, they check for your personality if you get along well with people and they check for a great sence of humor. On the spot questions that you won't expect. They also check what makes you tik, and see how short your leash is.

Interview Questions
    • What would make you angry and how would you deal with it?   View Answer

Senior Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Marriott Vacation Club in June 2010.

Went very well the interview lasted about 2 days! Questions were to the point and past work history related, must know company history!

Interview Questions
    Very easy I wore good colonge and got my money!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Marriott Vacation Club in October 2011.

interviewer was our ex student....He came and interviewed.

Interview Questions
    • why you want to join front office?   View Answer
    • this you can do in railway station too..then y front office??   View Answer

Guest Services/Front Desk Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Marriott Vacation Club in February 2009.

Interview was a joke...interviewer read off a list of questions from a list. Very impersonal and it seemed as though she was just going throught the motions with no intention of hiring me.

Vacation Planning Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Marriott Vacation Club in February 2008.

Very easy. After completing the application, the HR manager will review your personality test results then set you up to speak with an Assistant Sales Manager. Your meeting with the ASM is very relaxing and he or she will ask that you give a pitch or read from a scripted to determine your tone. The interview may last 20 mins. They'll go over the your hourly wage and that's about it. Later that day, the HR manager will give you a call or send you an email letting you know if you're hired and the date of the training class.