Marriott Vacation Club

38 candidate interviews

Front Desk Supervisor Interview

Front Desk Supervisor
Orlando, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Marriott Vacation Club in March 2013.

Interview Details – The first part of the application process is a non human process. All applications are submitted electronically. The system looks for certain key items in each application to let go through or be politely declined. As for the one on one personal interview. Marriott Vacation club goes through a stand grading matrix and pre-selected questions. Many are the same through each interview. There are two to three levels of interviews. Theres the phone interview (optional), the one on one interview with a supervisor or manager of the department, then their director or direct line of authority. Near the end of the hiring process, there is a mandatory background and drug test.

Interview Question – Explain a time, where you personally had a difficult situation and had to ask others for help.   Answer Question

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Marketing Coordinator

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Marriott Vacation Club.

Interview Details – lengthy phone screening, in-person interview with hiring manager and select ppl from the team. Was hired after 3 interactions.

Interview Question – Have you ever woken up in the middle of the night and thought about an answer to a problem you were facing? Tell me about it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – entry level job, not much negotiating room

Administrative Manager Interview

Administrative Manager

I applied through other source and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Marriott Vacation Club.

Interview Details – Did not participate in an interview as I was recruited by a former manager that I had worked with at competing company. After accepting the job offer, I underwent a background check and a drug test which took a total of 3 days. After that, I set a start date to begin work.

Interview Question – What can you bring to this position that will increase our department revenue?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is was no room for negotiations. The annual salary was fixed.

Sales Executive Interview

Sales Executive
Singer Island, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Marriott Vacation Club in June 2012.

Interview Details – Sit with manager, next step is to meet Director of Sales. Hired or not.

Interview Question – NA   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiating - 100% commission

Senior Accountant Interview

Lakeland, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Marriott Vacation Club in September 2013.

Interview Details – Received phone call from hiring manager. Interviewed 3 days later. First interviewed with Hiring Managers colleague. Then interviewed with hiring manager.

Very simple process. Tell me about a time.. blah blah blah. Was also asked to walk through resume. Both employees were very pleasant and it was a nice overall experience.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult   Answer Question

Guest Services/Front Desk Interview

Guest Services/Front Desk

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Marriott Vacation Club.

Interview Details – Easy, they check for your personality if you get along well with people and they check for a great sence of humor. On the spot questions that you won't expect. They also check what makes you tik, and see how short your leash is.

Interview Question – What would make you angry and how would you deal with it?   View Answer

Front Office Agent Interview

Boston, MA

The process took a day - interviewed at Marriott Vacation Club in August 2010.

Interview Details – I first had a phone interview/screening that took about 15 minutes. Then I was invited to go in for a 1:1 interview with the Front Office Manager. It took about 1 hour. It was your typical interview, going through your resume and asking what you liked/didn't like about each job you previously held. Then, the next part of the interview was a little different. I guess they do this with every Marriott interview, regardless of the hotel or position, but they ask you a series of questions and you have to answer as if you are telling a story. It has to be a true story about yourself, but they want it to be in story form.

Interview Questions

• As if you are telling a story, describe a time where you had to come out on top during a stressful situation at work.   Answer Question
  • As if you are telling a story, describe a time where you had to teach someone a skill.   Answer Question

Guest Services/Front Desk Interview

Guest Services/Front Desk

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Marriott Vacation Club in February 2009.

Interview Details – Interview was a joke...interviewer read off a list of questions from a list. Very impersonal and it seemed as though she was just going throught the motions with no intention of hiring me.

Resort Inventory and Revenue Coordinator Interview

Orlando, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Marriott Vacation Club in May 2010.

Interview Details – A very bried phone interview that went over my Resume and Cover Letter and then a 1:1 interview was scheduled for next week. The 1:1 interview was pretty simple, they asked me behavioral questions and questions such as "How did you resolve a conflict with a fellow coworker" and "Tell me a time where you had to meet a deadline and what you did to reach it"

Interview Question – Tell us a time where you had to resolve a problem with a coworker at work.   Answer Question

Vacation Planning Counselor Interview

Vacation Planning Counselor
Orlando, FL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Marriott Vacation Club in February 2008.

Interview Details – Very easy. After completing the application, the HR manager will review your personality test results then set you up to speak with an Assistant Sales Manager. Your meeting with the ASM is very relaxing and he or she will ask that you give a pitch or read from a scripted to determine your tone. The interview may last 20 mins. They'll go over the your hourly wage and that's about it. Later that day, the HR manager will give you a call or send you an email letting you know if you're hired and the date of the training class.

Interview Question – How much do you want to make?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Marriott Vacation Club

Worked for Marriott Vacation Club? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Marriott Vacation Club interview questions and advice. All 38 interview reviews posted anonymously by Marriott Vacation Club employees and interview candidates.