Marriott Vacation Club

2.8

Accounting/Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL

I applied online – interviewed at Marriott Vacation Club in September 2014.

The application process was long. There was a 75 question test including a lot of comprehensive questions. The interview process was a panel interview. The questions were not standard questions. There were a lot of comprehensive and behavior questions.

Interview Questions
    • Give me a situation when you were gave a suggestion to change something within your company.   Answer Question

Marketing Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Marriott Vacation Club.

One phone interview and one interview in person. Orientation day was very good. Hearing back from the hiring manager took about two weeks. Overall it was a very nice experience.

At Your Service Agent Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Marriott Vacation Club.

My roommate worked there, and after I'd been laid off from my job she told me to apply. I filled out the app online and received a call the next day. I interviewed with the Assistant Front Office manager, who asked me all the typical "why do you want to work here?" "how have you dealt with difficult customers?" questions, and the Front Office Manager happened to be in his office, so I met with him immediately after. His questions were more personality based to see if I had the temperament to work there and was offered a job on the spot.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation phase. The starting pay at that time was $10 an hour.

Vacation Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Marriott Vacation Club in January 2014.

Very demanding pre-interview on-line or in person assestment test. Takes about forty-vive minutes to complete. Ask questions inquiring your personal attitudes and habits on particular work situations, past actions, and future attitudes and actions in a particular working situation or overall attitude. If sales, trying to attempt your aggresive or lack if aggresiveness in being active or ambivalent in a sales presentation and closing attempt.

Interview Questions
    • Whwt motivates you the most in a sales work position?   View Answer
    Not much negotiating, just accept.

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Thomas, VI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Thomas, VI

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Marriott Vacation Club in January 2010.

You answer an add for the position by calling the HR department. Go through a basic interview too see if you can be passed on to the next step. You have to take a sales aptitude test on-line now as the second step of the process. Then depending how you scored (no one ever See's this number..... EVER? So don't ask, it's private? Then you go in for a panel interview with sales management too see if you pass this hurdle? If they are interested you will get a phone call with offering the job and where to report for orientation.

Interview Questions
    • How important are vacations to you and your family?   View Answer

Vacation Planning Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Marriott Vacation Club in January 2010.

STAR interview - situation task action result. Be detailed on specific situations, focus on positive customer service situations. Tell them how you helped the customer. First you get to apply online and take a ridiculous personality test that will probably keep you from even getting a call. Answer these questions with mostly 1's and 5's, don't put more than $15 per hour as your desired wage. Also don't put school schedule desired. If you get a call you'll get a short pre interview from hr, then a long difficult one from a manager.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a difficult situation or person you've dealt with?   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Front Desk Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Park City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Park City, UT

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marriott Vacation Club.

Position was posted on school e-recruting website. Besides submitting a resume online, it is also required that applicants apply online at marriott.com/careers. Applicants will be contacted via email for an interview time. The interview lasted about 20 minutes. Bring multiple copies of resume as there were three individuals in my interview.

Interview Questions
    • All questions in the interview follow the STAR (situation, task, action, result) interview guide. Questions following this model included: tell us a time you were in a leadership position, faced a problem, and how did you resolve that problem?   Answer Question
    Wages are not negotiable.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Marriott Vacation Club.

lengthy phone screening, in-person interview with hiring manager and select ppl from the team. Was hired after 3 interactions.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever woken up in the middle of the night and thought about an answer to a problem you were facing? Tell me about it.   Answer Question
    entry level job, not much negotiating room

Vacation Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Marriott Vacation Club in October 2013.

Online application and personality test. One interview, hired on spot. Simple. Read a script on phone to mgr. then face to face. General questions on background and how I would handle or have handled situations in the past.

Interview Questions
    • Tell of a situation in the past where you went "over and above" to please the customer.   View Answer
    No negotiation, simple entry level sales job.

Activities Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Desert, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Desert, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Marriott Vacation Club in February 2014.

My school had a career fair and allowed for the recruiters to meet potential interns. If the recruiter felt that you were a possible hire they were ready to set up a full interview the next day on the college campus. I met with the recruiter in the career center the next day.

Interview Questions
    • Please describe a difficult situation you were in and how did you over come it?``   Answer Question