Marriott Vacation Club

Updated Aug 8, 2015

2.8

Cook/Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marco Island, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Marriott Vacation Club (Marco Island, FL) in June 2013.

Interview

It is a star interview. Can be confusing to say the least. It consists of asking you a question see how you feel about the question how you resolved your answer to the question and what would you do differently now.

Interview Questions

• Name one time you did a job and it didn't turn out the way you expected?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Galloway, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marriott Vacation Club (Galloway, NJ) in March 2014.

Interview

It was around a half hour. I thought it was easy. My recruiter was extremely nice and personable. I thought the setting was casual and was well put together. There were time I would have to talk about my stories of work experiences.

Interview Questions

• What made you want to be in hospitality?   1 Answer

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Thomas, VI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Marriott Vacation Club (Saint Thomas, VI) in May 2012.

Interview

Group interview at first then one on one. Great set up awesome training team if you want a great job on island dress to impress, be on timed, have a stateside like approach. you deal will a lot of change, and guests are high end so be able to answer questions accordingly. you must be outgoing for this position

Interview Questions

• How would you act in xyz aituation   1 Answer

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lahaina, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Marriott Vacation Club (Lahaina, HI) in September 2011.

Interview

Very lengthy application process followed up by initial phone interview. After meeting prescreening qualifications, met with with 4 manager panel for most intensive interview ever experienced. I was offered the job the next day and my start date was set for 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Discuss one of your greatest challenges and how you resolved it   Answer Question

Negotiation

To get hired was the greatest accomplishment here. It was a very intense hiring process and I was thrilled to get the job.

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott Vacation Club in April 2011.

Interview

got to meet all the other operations managers. Toured the whole property and stayed 2 nights so got to see how the property was working. Had the longer interview with General Manager, but the GM was very friendly and easy going

Vacation Planning Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott Vacation Club (Orlando, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

Really relaxed interview. Ordinary questions about situations you've been in, how you overcame a problem, time when you had to communicate to get a task finished. They also asked about your previous jobs, and they also asked a time when you had to try convincing someone.

Guest Services/Front Desk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Marriott Vacation Club (Orlando, FL) in December 2014.

Interview

Relaxed and cordial. More focused on getting a feel for your personality and intelligence rather than getting the "right" answers. They won't interview you unless they feel like you're qualified so worry less about that and more about being yourself.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hilton Head Island, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott Vacation Club (Hilton Head Island, SC).

Interview

It was a three-round process. I applied online, which involved a large application and a 75-question personality test. I received a phone call about two weeks later and had a 30 minute phone interview with the Marketing Manager. He wanted me to come in the office a week later to meet the assistant to the Director of Marketing and interview with him. After that, I had a third round interview with the Director of Marketing. I received a non-formal verbal offer on the spot pending drug tests and background checks.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time you had to use short-cycle sales. What are we selling?   Answer Question

Marketing Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hilton Head Island, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marriott Vacation Club (Hilton Head Island, SC) in March 2013.

Interview

One long day. Went through a few different interviews with senior management. Shadowed a few current Marketing Executives to get a better understanding for the job. At the conclusion of the day I was offered the job and they reviewed the offer with me in detail. I had a few days to decide.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Hilton Head?   1 Answer

Guest Relations Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott Vacation Club (Newport Beach, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Typical interview process. The first twenty minutes was an in depth explanation of the job and the expectations. The questions were more about my previous experience in hospitality (and at another Marriott property I worked at before). The interview seemed casual and was very fluid. It went well enough that I met the other team members and went on a tour of the property.