Marriott Vacation Club

Marriott Vacation Club Interview Questions

Updated Jun 21, 2015

2.8

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Marriott Vacation Club.

Interview

lengthy phone screening, in-person interview with hiring manager and select ppl from the team. Was hired after 3 interactions.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever woken up in the middle of the night and thought about an answer to a problem you were facing? Tell me about it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

entry level job, not much negotiating room

Guest Services/Front Desk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Marriott Vacation Club.

Interview

Group setting interview. Was nervous at first, but they all made me feel very comfortable. To be quite honest, I still can't fathom how kind they were. Through them, it shows me that Marriot does highly care about their employees, because it shows in their positive attitudes.

Interview Questions

• Have you had to deal with a disgruntled employee, boss. Or if you hadn't, what would you do in that situation. That was hard to answer because I had worked in a very horrible work environment before and didn't want to lie and say "everything has always been fine and dandy".   1 Answer

Activities Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Desert, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Marriott Vacation Club (Palm Desert, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

My school had a career fair and allowed for the recruiters to meet potential interns. If the recruiter felt that you were a possible hire they were ready to set up a full interview the next day on the college campus. I met with the recruiter in the career center the next day.

Interview Questions

• Please describe a difficult situation you were in and how did you over come it?``   Answer Question

Concierge Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Marriott Vacation Club.

Interview

Process was very easy--communicated via phone to set up a date, arrived and spoke with interviewer immediately. Interviewer was very nice, not very intimidating. She asked her own questions first, before asking a selection of corporate appointed questions. These questions were standard interview questions: describe a time of you found difficult to work with others, a time of weakness/struggle, most challenging thing you've had to overcome, etc. Interview went well so I immediately had a second interview with another department head, which was more of a formality (just went over my resume and asked some basic questions about my experience). Lasted about an hour total.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had difficulty working with someone.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I received a call the following week offering me the job. Then went for drug testings and after their received the results, they sent me an email with a link to officially sign and accept their offer of employment. There was no negotiating for this entry-level position.

Vacation Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Marriott Vacation Club (Orlando, FL) in January 2014.

Interview

Very demanding pre-interview on-line or in person assestment test. Takes about forty-vive minutes to complete. Ask questions inquiring your personal attitudes and habits on particular work situations, past actions, and future attitudes and actions in a particular working situation or overall attitude. If sales, trying to attempt your aggresive or lack if aggresiveness in being active or ambivalent in a sales presentation and closing attempt.

Interview Questions

• Whwt motivates you the most in a sales work position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not much negotiating, just accept.

Intern Interview

Application

Interview

I went through 3 phone interviews and each person I talked to was so nice and friendly. It was a very comfortable interview and they really seemed interested in what you had to say about your past experiences and passions.

Interview Questions

• Think of a time when you came across a problem in the workplace and how you went about handling and overcoming it.   Answer Question

Vacation Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Marriott Vacation Club (Orlando, FL) in October 2013.

Interview

Online application and personality test. One interview, hired on spot. Simple. Read a script on phone to mgr. then face to face. General questions on background and how I would handle or have handled situations in the past.

Interview Questions

• Tell of a situation in the past where you went "over and above" to please the customer.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, simple entry level sales job.

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Marriott Vacation Club (Lakeland, FL) in September 2013.

Interview

Received phone call from hiring manager. Interviewed 3 days later. First interviewed with Hiring Managers colleague. Then interviewed with hiring manager.

Very simple process. Tell me about a time.. blah blah blah. Was also asked to walk through resume. Both employees were very pleasant and it was a nice overall experience.

Loss Prevention Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Marriott Vacation Club (Orlando, FL) in July 2013.

Interview

After applying online, I was contacted by an HR recruiter to discuss the job that I applied for, the pay rate, and any other jobs that are available that I would be interested in. After the discussion, she forwarded my information to the appropriate department. Within 2 weeks, I was called in for an interview. The first interview is very in-depth and focuses on your past work experiences, your job-specific abilities, and how much you know about Marriott Vacations Worldwide. I was called in for a second interview the next day with my soon-to-be immediate supervisor to discuss briefly the position, how my skills would contribute to the company as well as the department, and basic pay and benefits information. I was offered the position on the spot after the second interview concluded.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to resolve a situation between two or more employees, or a situation between you and your immediate supervisor. Be specific and tell me how it would relate to the position you are applying for.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The salary was discussed prior to the interview and they are firm on it.

Administrative Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Marriott Vacation Club.

Interview

Did not participate in an interview as I was recruited by a former manager that I had worked with at competing company. After accepting the job offer, I underwent a background check and a drug test which took a total of 3 days. After that, I set a start date to begin work.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to this position that will increase our department revenue?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is was no room for negotiations. The annual salary was fixed.