Marriott Vacation Club

Updated Nov 2, 2014

2.8

Vacation Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Marriott Vacation Club in October 2013.

Online application and personality test. One interview, hired on spot. Simple. Read a script on phone to mgr. then face to face. General questions on background and how I would handle or have handled situations in the past.

Interview Questions
    • Tell of a situation in the past where you went "over and above" to please the customer.   View Answer
    No negotiation, simple entry level sales job.

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Marriott Vacation Club in September 2013.

Received phone call from hiring manager. Interviewed 3 days later. First interviewed with Hiring Managers colleague. Then interviewed with hiring manager.

Very simple process. Tell me about a time.. blah blah blah. Was also asked to walk through resume. Both employees were very pleasant and it was a nice overall experience.

Loss Prevention Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Marriott Vacation Club in July 2013.

After applying online, I was contacted by an HR recruiter to discuss the job that I applied for, the pay rate, and any other jobs that are available that I would be interested in. After the discussion, she forwarded my information to the appropriate department. Within 2 weeks, I was called in for an interview. The first interview is very in-depth and focuses on your past work experiences, your job-specific abilities, and how much you know about Marriott Vacations Worldwide. I was called in for a second interview the next day with my soon-to-be immediate supervisor to discuss briefly the position, how my skills would contribute to the company as well as the department, and basic pay and benefits information. I was offered the position on the spot after the second interview concluded.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to resolve a situation between two or more employees, or a situation between you and your immediate supervisor. Be specific and tell me how it would relate to the position you are applying for.   Answer Question
    The salary was discussed prior to the interview and they are firm on it.

Administrative Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Marriott Vacation Club.

Did not participate in an interview as I was recruited by a former manager that I had worked with at competing company. After accepting the job offer, I underwent a background check and a drug test which took a total of 3 days. After that, I set a start date to begin work.

Interview Questions
    • What can you bring to this position that will increase our department revenue?   View Answer
    There is was no room for negotiations. The annual salary was fixed.

Front Desk Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marriott Vacation Club in March 2013.

The first part of the application process is a non human process. All applications are submitted electronically. The system looks for certain key items in each application to let go through or be politely declined. As for the one on one personal interview. Marriott Vacation club goes through a stand grading matrix and pre-selected questions. Many are the same through each interview. There are two to three levels of interviews. Theres the phone interview (optional), the one on one interview with a supervisor or manager of the department, then their director or direct line of authority. Near the end of the hiring process, there is a mandatory background and drug test.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time, where you personally had a difficult situation and had to ask others for help.   Answer Question

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Marriott Vacation Club.

long but good

At Your Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Marriott Vacation Club in December 2012.

This was one of the best interview processes I had (even though I didn't receive a job offer) I applied on line and about a day later i received a phone call from a Guest Service Manager he basically went over stuff on my resume, asked a couple questions and explained the job descriptions. When I met for the interview it was with the Guest Service Manager and the Front Desk Manager. The two of them were the nicest most down to earth guys I have ever interviewed with. They did not make me feel nervous or anything. The questions got me though, some were easy and others made you think. An easy question was worded to make you think.

Interview Questions
    • I honestly don't remember they were easy questions but worded to make them harder to answer.   Answer Question

Marketing Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hilton Head Island, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hilton Head Island, SC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marriott Vacation Club in August 2012.

The initial communication was over the phone and was very fun and interactive. They took the time to learn about me as an individual more than just my experience. The face to face interviews were the same and were very enjoyable. They were also very forward about what the actual job entaled and the pros and cons involved. No surprises.

Interview Questions
    • where would you recommend a marriott owner go to dine if they were in the mood for a french restaurant on the island?   View Answer

In House Vacation Advisor (Call Center) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Marriott Vacation Club in July 2012.

The interview process is fairly straight-forward. You meet with the HR person, whose desk is the reception desk. She is the first person you will speak with coming in. She will speak with you for a bit and then a manager will speak with you as well. A few days later I received a call asking when I would be able to come in for training. The HR lady was surprised that I did not yet know that I had the job.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, hourly pay plus commission

Tax Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Marriott Vacation Club in July 2012.

I received a phone from an HR recruiter to set up a time for a phone interview. You will have the phone interview with the same recruiter. You will go through some of the questions from the actual interview. If considered, the recruiter will e-mail a time for a face to face interview with the hiring manager. Typically with MVW, at least in my experience, they do a panel-style interview where you interview with 2 or more managers. Marriott uses the STAR interview format.

Interview Questions
    • They will ask you situational type questions. For example, they may ask you to tell them about a time where you had a difficult situation with another co-worker and how did you dealt with it. Be sure to give them a "specific" situation, not just a broad response. They will ask you to go into detail if necessary.   Answer Question