Marriott Vacation Club Interview Questions

2.7

Tax Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Marriott Vacation Club in July 2012.

I received a phone from an HR recruiter to set up a time for a phone interview. You will have the phone interview with the same recruiter. You will go through some of the questions from the actual interview. If considered, the recruiter will e-mail a time for a face to face interview with the hiring manager. Typically with MVW, at least in my experience, they do a panel-style interview where you interview with 2 or more managers. Marriott uses the STAR interview format.

Interview Questions
    • They will ask you situational type questions. For example, they may ask you to tell them about a time where you had a difficult situation with another co-worker and how did you dealt with it. Be sure to give them a "specific" situation, not just a broad response. They will ask you to go into detail if necessary.   Answer Question

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singer Island, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singer Island, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Marriott Vacation Club in June 2012.

Sit with manager, next step is to meet Director of Sales. Hired or not.

No negotiating - 100% commission

Guest Services/Front Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Desert, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Desert, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Marriott Vacation Club in February 2012.

I applied online and a little more than a week later I received a call on a Friday to come in Monday morning for an interview. During my interview I first met with the Assistant Front Office Manager and she asked me questions about situations that I had occured during my work history. For example, "Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond to satisfy a customer" or "Tell me about a time when you were overwhelmed with work that need to get done and you had to ask for help"

Then I met with the Front Office Manager and we briefly chatted for about 5 minutes. He took a brief look at my application and conversed with me about my work history. I was told to expect a call within a week for a 3rd interview with another Assistant Manager. A few hours later I received a call to scedule my 3rd interview 2 days later. When I went for my 3rd interview I met with the Assistant Manager and we talked for about 10 minutes. She asked me why I wanted to work for the Marriott and mostly asked if I had any questions she could answer. She informed me that they had other applicants to interview throughout the week and I should expect to hear back in about 5 days.

A few hours later I received a call from the Front Office Manager telling me that they had decided to move forward with hiring me!

Any advice to future applicants would be to assure that company that this a long-term career that you are looking to go into. My major is Hospitality Management and and I told them that I hope to grow within the company. Overall, I'm very pleased with the interview process. Management was polite, prompt, and made me feel at ease.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you became frustrated with a co-worker and what did you do to overcome it?   Answer Question
    This is an hourly pay job that starts at $11.00/hour. The starting pay isn't really up for negotiation.

Guest Services/Front Desk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Marriott Vacation Club in October 2011.

interviewer was our ex student....He came and interviewed.

Interview Questions
    • why you want to join front office?   View Answer
    • this you can do in railway station too..then y front office??   View Answer

Cook/Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Marriott Vacation Club in October 2010.

Was a GREAT interview, probably one of the best I've had to date. I wanted to gain more information and was given everything I needed right then and there! They do go through a kind of strained question-answer worksheet that is suited toward each qualified candidate and for each job position. Through multiple interviews with this company, I have realized that they do not care for the process, but are forced to endure it according to company policy. Be prepared to have an unnecessarily lengthy interview full of easy questions and difficult answers.

The person who interviewed me was punctual, a wonderful speaker, and a great leader (he was my immediate supervisor and manager when I was hired).

Interview Questions
    • Several questions were a little difficult to answer, but all were expected. They are simply very in-depth and calculative in order to find the most well-suited candidate for the position they are offering. One of the questions that stood out to me, and that I had strangely NEVER heard in another interview since, was "How well do you work in an increasingly diverse environment?". It kinda caught me off guard but explained the work environment I was heading into. I answered to the best of my ability.   Answer Question
    I was offered a double-coded position, which was great until it came to accounting. I was offered two separate pays, one for each of the positions I'd be working. He offered me a number that definitely sparked my interest and no negotiation was required.

Front Office Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Marriott Vacation Club in August 2010.

I first had a phone interview/screening that took about 15 minutes. Then I was invited to go in for a 1:1 interview with the Front Office Manager. It took about 1 hour. It was your typical interview, going through your resume and asking what you liked/didn't like about each job you previously held. Then, the next part of the interview was a little different. I guess they do this with every Marriott interview, regardless of the hotel or position, but they ask you a series of questions and you have to answer as if you are telling a story. It has to be a true story about yourself, but they want it to be in story form.

Interview Questions
    • As if you are telling a story, describe a time where you had to come out on top during a stressful situation at work.   Answer Question
    • As if you are telling a story, describe a time where you had to teach someone a skill.   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Marriott Vacation Club in July 2010.

STAR QUESTIONS

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you used your technical skills   View Answer

Resort Inventory and Revenue Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Marriott Vacation Club in May 2010.

A very bried phone interview that went over my Resume and Cover Letter and then a 1:1 interview was scheduled for next week. The 1:1 interview was pretty simple, they asked me behavioral questions and questions such as "How did you resolve a conflict with a fellow coworker" and "Tell me a time where you had to meet a deadline and what you did to reach it"

Interview Questions
    • Tell us a time where you had to resolve a problem with a coworker at work.   Answer Question

Assistant Controller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Marriott Vacation Club in May 2010.

The interview was a 1:1 interview, and a lengthy online assessment. The interviewer was pretty laid back. He asked general interview questions and wanted to get to know me. One of the things really common in working in the hospitality business is if you want career advancement, you have to move to a different location for job openings. Me no like.

Data Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Marriott Vacation Club in March 2010.

They ask a lot of questions related to work situations.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever brought anything up to your supervisor that was rejected?   Answer Question