Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Marriott Vacation Club
- Guest Services/Front Desk (7)
- Sales Executive (7)
- Marketing Coordinator (4)
- Marketing Executive (3)
- Vacation Planner (3)
- Vacation Planning Counselor (3)
- Intern (2)
- At Your Service Agent (2)
- Operations Manager (2)
- Front Desk Supervisor (2)
- Cook/Sales Associate (2)
- Activities Intern (1)
- Outbound Sales (1)
- Data Specialist (1)
- Customer Service Representative (1)
- Loss Prevention (1)
- Loss Prevention Officer (1)
- Tax Accountant (1)
- Accounting/Finance (1)
- Resort Inventory and Revenue Coordinator (1)
- Guest Relations Coordinator (1)
- In House Vacation Advisor (Call Center) (1)
- Front Desk Intern (1)
- Front Office Agent (1)
- Sales Team Leader (1)
- Senior Accountant (1)
- Assistant Controller (1)
- Concierge (1)
- Director of Finance (1)
- Senior Advisor (1)
- No OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Marriott Vacation Club (Lakeland, FL) in September 2013.
Received phone call from hiring manager. Interviewed 3 days later. First interviewed with Hiring Managers colleague. Then interviewed with hiring manager. Very simple process. Tell me about a time.. blah blah blah. Was also asked to walk through resume. Both employees were very pleasant and it was a nice overall experience.
- Nothing too difficult Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott Vacation Club (Orlando, FL) in July 2013.
After applying online, I was contacted by an HR recruiter to discuss the job that I applied for, the pay rate, and any other jobs that are available that I would be interested in. After the discussion, she forwarded my information to the appropriate department. Within 2 weeks, I was called in for an interview. The first interview is very in-depth and focuses on your past work experiences, your job-specific abilities, and how much you know about Marriott Vacations Worldwide. I was called in for a second interview the next day with my soon-to-be immediate supervisor to discuss briefly the position, how my skills would contribute to the company as well as the department, and basic pay and benefits information. I was offered the position on the spot after the second interview concluded.
- Describe a time when you had to resolve a situation between two or more employees, or a situation between you and your immediate supervisor. Be specific and tell me how it would relate to the position you are applying for. Answer Question
The salary was discussed prior to the interview and they are firm on it.
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Marriott Vacation Club (Marco Island, FL) in June 2013.
It is a star interview. Can be confusing to say the least. It consists of asking you a question see how you feel about the question how you resolved your answer to the question and what would you do differently now.
- Name one time you did a job and it didn't turn out the way you expected? Answer Question
Helpful (1)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Marriott Vacation Club.
Did not participate in an interview as I was recruited by a former manager that I had worked with at competing company. After accepting the job offer, I underwent a background check and a drug test which took a total of 3 days. After that, I set a start date to begin work.
- What can you bring to this position that will increase our department revenue? 1 Answer
There is was no room for negotiations. The annual salary was fixed.
- No OfferPositive Experience
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott Vacation Club (Orlando, FL) in March 2013.
The first part of the application process is a non human process. All applications are submitted electronically. The system looks for certain key items in each application to let go through or be politely declined. As for the one on one personal interview. Marriott Vacation club goes through a stand grading matrix and pre-selected questions. Many are the same through each interview. There are two to three levels of interviews. Theres the phone interview (optional), the one on one interview with a supervisor or manager of the department, then their director or direct line of authority. Near the end of the hiring process, there is a mandatory background and drug test.
- Explain a time, where you personally had a difficult situation and had to ask others for help. Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marriott Vacation Club (Hilton Head Island, SC) in March 2013.
One long day. Went through a few different interviews with senior management. Shadowed a few current Marketing Executives to get a better understanding for the job. At the conclusion of the day I was offered the job and they reviewed the offer with me in detail. I had a few days to decide.
- What do you know about Hilton Head? 1 Answer
- Accepted OfferAverage Interview
I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Marriott Vacation Club (Orlando, FL).
long but good
- scenarios questions Answer Question
- No OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Marriott Vacation Club (Orlando, FL) in December 2012.
This was one of the best interview processes I had (even though I didn't receive a job offer) I applied on line and about a day later i received a phone call from a Guest Service Manager he basically went over stuff on my resume, asked a couple questions and explained the job descriptions. When I met for the interview it was with the Guest Service Manager and the Front Desk Manager. The two of them were the nicest most down to earth guys I have ever interviewed with. They did not make me feel nervous or anything. The questions got me though, some were easy and others made you think. An easy question was worded to make you think.
- I honestly don't remember they were easy questions but worded to make them harder to answer. Answer Question
Helpful (1)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott Vacation Club (Hilton Head Island, SC) in August 2012.
The initial communication was over the phone and was very fun and interactive. They took the time to learn about me as an individual more than just my experience. The face to face interviews were the same and were very enjoyable. They were also very forward about what the actual job entaled and the pros and cons involved. No surprises.
- where would you recommend a marriott owner go to dine if they were in the mood for a french restaurant on the island? 1 Answer
- Accepted OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Marriott Vacation Club (Salt Lake City, UT) in August 2012.
Ask for success and failure stories. Really east interview process. Little preparation is needed. If you can smile and make coherent thoughts you'll do just fine. You will meet with a Team Leader and one or two managers for the department you'll be hired for. You may be interviewing with your future boss.
- When did you succeed in meeting a customers needs? Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review
See What Marriott Vacation Club Employees Are Saying
Pros: “work life balance was great. I learned the ins and out of the hotel. Did a management project. Overall great experience.”“work life balance was great. I learned the ins and out of the hotel. Did a management project. Overall great experience.” – Full Review