Marriott Vacation Club

Updated Aug 8, 2015

2.8

Cook/Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marco Island, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Marriott Vacation Club (Marco Island, FL) in June 2013.

Interview

It is a star interview. Can be confusing to say the least. It consists of asking you a question see how you feel about the question how you resolved your answer to the question and what would you do differently now.

Interview Questions

• Name one time you did a job and it didn't turn out the way you expected?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Marriott Vacation Club.

Interview

Did not participate in an interview as I was recruited by a former manager that I had worked with at competing company. After accepting the job offer, I underwent a background check and a drug test which took a total of 3 days. After that, I set a start date to begin work.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to this position that will increase our department revenue?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is was no room for negotiations. The annual salary was fixed.

Front Desk Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott Vacation Club (Orlando, FL) in March 2013.

Interview

The first part of the application process is a non human process. All applications are submitted electronically. The system looks for certain key items in each application to let go through or be politely declined. As for the one on one personal interview. Marriott Vacation club goes through a stand grading matrix and pre-selected questions. Many are the same through each interview. There are two to three levels of interviews. Theres the phone interview (optional), the one on one interview with a supervisor or manager of the department, then their director or direct line of authority. Near the end of the hiring process, there is a mandatory background and drug test.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time, where you personally had a difficult situation and had to ask others for help.   Answer Question

Marketing Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hilton Head Island, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marriott Vacation Club (Hilton Head Island, SC) in March 2013.

Interview

One long day. Went through a few different interviews with senior management. Shadowed a few current Marketing Executives to get a better understanding for the job. At the conclusion of the day I was offered the job and they reviewed the offer with me in detail. I had a few days to decide.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Hilton Head?   1 Answer

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Marriott Vacation Club (Orlando, FL).

Interview

long but good

At Your Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Marriott Vacation Club (Orlando, FL) in December 2012.

Interview

This was one of the best interview processes I had (even though I didn't receive a job offer) I applied on line and about a day later i received a phone call from a Guest Service Manager he basically went over stuff on my resume, asked a couple questions and explained the job descriptions. When I met for the interview it was with the Guest Service Manager and the Front Desk Manager. The two of them were the nicest most down to earth guys I have ever interviewed with. They did not make me feel nervous or anything. The questions got me though, some were easy and others made you think. An easy question was worded to make you think.

Interview Questions

• I honestly don't remember they were easy questions but worded to make them harder to answer.   Answer Question

Marketing Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hilton Head Island, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marriott Vacation Club (Hilton Head Island, SC) in August 2012.

Interview

The initial communication was over the phone and was very fun and interactive. They took the time to learn about me as an individual more than just my experience. The face to face interviews were the same and were very enjoyable. They were also very forward about what the actual job entaled and the pros and cons involved. No surprises.

Interview Questions

• where would you recommend a marriott owner go to dine if they were in the mood for a french restaurant on the island?   1 Answer

In House Vacation Advisor (Call Center) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Marriott Vacation Club (Orlando, FL) in July 2012.

Interview

The interview process is fairly straight-forward. You meet with the HR person, whose desk is the reception desk. She is the first person you will speak with coming in. She will speak with you for a bit and then a manager will speak with you as well. A few days later I received a call asking when I would be able to come in for training. The HR lady was surprised that I did not yet know that I had the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, hourly pay plus commission

Tax Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Marriott Vacation Club (Lakeland, FL) in July 2012.

Interview

I received a phone from an HR recruiter to set up a time for a phone interview. You will have the phone interview with the same recruiter. You will go through some of the questions from the actual interview. If considered, the recruiter will e-mail a time for a face to face interview with the hiring manager. Typically with MVW, at least in my experience, they do a panel-style interview where you interview with 2 or more managers. Marriott uses the STAR interview format.

Interview Questions

• They will ask you situational type questions. For example, they may ask you to tell them about a time where you had a difficult situation with another co-worker and how did you dealt with it. Be sure to give them a "specific" situation, not just a broad response. They will ask you to go into detail if necessary.   Answer Question

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singer Island, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Marriott Vacation Club (Singer Island, FL) in June 2012.

Interview

Sit with manager, next step is to meet Director of Sales. Hired or not.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiating - 100% commission