Marriott Vacation Club

Updated Jun 21, 2015

2.8

Front Desk Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marriott Vacation Club (Orlando, FL) in March 2013.

Interview

The first part of the application process is a non human process. All applications are submitted electronically. The system looks for certain key items in each application to let go through or be politely declined. As for the one on one personal interview. Marriott Vacation club goes through a stand grading matrix and pre-selected questions. Many are the same through each interview. There are two to three levels of interviews. Theres the phone interview (optional), the one on one interview with a supervisor or manager of the department, then their director or direct line of authority. Near the end of the hiring process, there is a mandatory background and drug test.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time, where you personally had a difficult situation and had to ask others for help.   Answer Question

Marketing Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hilton Head Island, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Marriott Vacation Club (Hilton Head Island, SC) in March 2013.

Interview

One long day. Went through a few different interviews with senior management. Shadowed a few current Marketing Executives to get a better understanding for the job. At the conclusion of the day I was offered the job and they reviewed the offer with me in detail. I had a few days to decide.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Hilton Head?   1 Answer

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Marriott Vacation Club (Orlando, FL).

Interview

long but good

At Your Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Marriott Vacation Club (Orlando, FL) in December 2012.

Interview

This was one of the best interview processes I had (even though I didn't receive a job offer) I applied on line and about a day later i received a phone call from a Guest Service Manager he basically went over stuff on my resume, asked a couple questions and explained the job descriptions. When I met for the interview it was with the Guest Service Manager and the Front Desk Manager. The two of them were the nicest most down to earth guys I have ever interviewed with. They did not make me feel nervous or anything. The questions got me though, some were easy and others made you think. An easy question was worded to make you think.

Interview Questions

• I honestly don't remember they were easy questions but worded to make them harder to answer.   Answer Question

Marketing Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hilton Head Island, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marriott Vacation Club (Hilton Head Island, SC) in August 2012.

Interview

The initial communication was over the phone and was very fun and interactive. They took the time to learn about me as an individual more than just my experience. The face to face interviews were the same and were very enjoyable. They were also very forward about what the actual job entaled and the pros and cons involved. No surprises.

Interview Questions

• where would you recommend a marriott owner go to dine if they were in the mood for a french restaurant on the island?   1 Answer

In House Vacation Advisor (Call Center) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Marriott Vacation Club (Orlando, FL) in July 2012.

Interview

The interview process is fairly straight-forward. You meet with the HR person, whose desk is the reception desk. She is the first person you will speak with coming in. She will speak with you for a bit and then a manager will speak with you as well. A few days later I received a call asking when I would be able to come in for training. The HR lady was surprised that I did not yet know that I had the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, hourly pay plus commission

Tax Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Marriott Vacation Club (Lakeland, FL) in July 2012.

Interview

I received a phone from an HR recruiter to set up a time for a phone interview. You will have the phone interview with the same recruiter. You will go through some of the questions from the actual interview. If considered, the recruiter will e-mail a time for a face to face interview with the hiring manager. Typically with MVW, at least in my experience, they do a panel-style interview where you interview with 2 or more managers. Marriott uses the STAR interview format.

Interview Questions

• They will ask you situational type questions. For example, they may ask you to tell them about a time where you had a difficult situation with another co-worker and how did you dealt with it. Be sure to give them a "specific" situation, not just a broad response. They will ask you to go into detail if necessary.   Answer Question

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singer Island, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Marriott Vacation Club (Singer Island, FL) in June 2012.

Interview

Sit with manager, next step is to meet Director of Sales. Hired or not.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiating - 100% commission

Guest Services/Front Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Desert, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Marriott Vacation Club (Palm Desert, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

I applied online and a little more than a week later I received a call on a Friday to come in Monday morning for an interview. During my interview I first met with the Assistant Front Office Manager and she asked me questions about situations that I had occured during my work history. For example, "Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond to satisfy a customer" or "Tell me about a time when you were overwhelmed with work that need to get done and you had to ask for help"

Then I met with the Front Office Manager and we briefly chatted for about 5 minutes. He took a brief look at my application and conversed with me about my work history. I was told to expect a call within a week for a 3rd interview with another Assistant Manager. A few hours later I received a call to scedule my 3rd interview 2 days later. When I went for my 3rd interview I met with the Assistant Manager and we talked for about 10 minutes. She asked me why I wanted to work for the Marriott and mostly asked if I had any questions she could answer. She informed me that they had other applicants to interview throughout the week and I should expect to hear back in about 5 days.

A few hours later I received a call from the Front Office Manager telling me that they had decided to move forward with hiring me!

Any advice to future applicants would be to assure that company that this a long-term career that you are looking to go into. My major is Hospitality Management and and I told them that I hope to grow within the company. Overall, I'm very pleased with the interview process. Management was polite, prompt, and made me feel at ease.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you became frustrated with a co-worker and what did you do to overcome it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

This is an hourly pay job that starts at $11.00/hour. The starting pay isn't really up for negotiation.

Guest Services/Front Desk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Marriott Vacation Club (Las Vegas, NV) in October 2011.

Interview

interviewer was our ex student....He came and interviewed.

Interview Questions

• why you want to join front office?   1 Answer
    • this you can do in railway station too..then y front office??   1 Answer