Marriott Vacation Club

Updated Jun 10, 2014

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Marriott Vacation Club.

long but good

Other Interview Reviews for Marriott Vacation Club

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singer Island, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singer Island, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Marriott Vacation Club in June 2012.

Sit with manager, next step is to meet Director of Sales. Hired or not.

No negotiating - 100% commission

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Thomas, VI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Thomas, VI

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Marriott Vacation Club in January 2010.

You answer an add for the position by calling the HR department. Go through a basic interview too see if you can be passed on to the next step. You have to take a sales aptitude test on-line now as the second step of the process. Then depending how you scored (no one ever See's this number..... EVER? So don't ask, it's private? Then you go in for a panel interview with sales management too see if you pass this hurdle? If they are interested you will get a phone call with offering the job and where to report for orientation.

Interview Questions
    • How important are vacations to you and your family?   View Answer

Sales Executive Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marriott Vacation Club in May 2009.

Great company, I actually transferred from the Ritz. They called me in and I did a Gallup Poll. I answered like I thought a "sales person" would. Strongly agree or disagree. A few weeks and I got the interview. 4 managers--2 hours. Lots of rapid fire questions, then more personality ones. Have I ever sold before? (no) Why would I succeed in this career?

Everyone was very friendly, staff and team were all very pleasant. Now that I work their, I take about 2 months off per year and still make six-figures.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think you will succeed in sales?   View Answer
    Not much negotiation. You get an hourly wage and you are on a 100% draw. If you sell you get paid. If not...well I am the last one left from my training class from a few years ago.

Sales Executive Interview

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Marriott Vacation Club in March 2009.

It wasn't too difficult, since it was for a similar role that I had been in previously, just in a different division in the Marriott family. A virtual job tryout online and the S.T.A.R behavioral interview were a bit tedious. Otherwise, it wasn't too bad.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you came up with an idea that was implemented in the company and how did that help productivity of the bottom line?   Answer Question