Marriott Vacation Club

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Saint Thomas, VI

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Marriott Vacation Club in January 2010.

Interview Details – You answer an add for the position by calling the HR department. Go through a basic interview too see if you can be passed on to the next step. You have to take a sales aptitude test on-line now as the second step of the process. Then depending how you scored (no one ever See's this number..... EVER? So don't ask, it's private? Then you go in for a panel interview with sales management too see if you pass this hurdle? If they are interested you will get a phone call with offering the job and where to report for orientation.

Interview Question – How important are vacations to you and your family?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Singer Island, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Marriott Vacation Club in June 2012.

Interview Details – Sit with manager, next step is to meet Director of Sales. Hired or not.

Interview Question – NA   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiating - 100% commission

Orlando, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Marriott Vacation Club.

Interview Details – long but good

Interview Question – scenarios questions   Answer Question

Sales Executive

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Marriott Vacation Club in March 2009.

Interview Details – It wasn't too difficult, since it was for a similar role that I had been in previously, just in a different division in the Marriott family. A virtual job tryout online and the S.T.A.R behavioral interview were a bit tedious. Otherwise, it wasn't too bad.

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you came up with an idea that was implemented in the company and how did that help productivity of the bottom line?   Answer Question

Sales Executive

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Marriott Vacation Club in May 2009.

Interview Details – Great company, I actually transferred from the Ritz. They called me in and I did a Gallup Poll. I answered like I thought a "sales person" would. Strongly agree or disagree. A few weeks and I got the interview. 4 managers--2 hours. Lots of rapid fire questions, then more personality ones. Have I ever sold before? (no) Why would I succeed in this career?

Everyone was very friendly, staff and team were all very pleasant. Now that I work their, I take about 2 months off per year and still make six-figures.

Interview Question – Why do you think you will succeed in sales?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiation. You get an hourly wage and you are on a 100% draw. If you sell you get paid. If not...well I am the last one left from my training class from a few years ago.

Worked for Marriott Vacation Club? Contribute to the Community!