Mars

Very Difficult Interview

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Associate Brand Manager
Hackettstown, NJ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Mars in November 2010.

Interview Details – First two rounds were phone interviews - HR was generic, but the Marketing interviewer was rather difficult and cynical. The questions asked were significantly different from those asked for any other marketing openings, such as "Tell me about a time when a crossfunctional went against you." After an hour found out that I was moving forward to a final round in Hackettstown.

There were two 2on1 interviews, constituting of more tough questions asking about failed projects, issues with management, dysfunctional crossfunctionals, and managing issues between teammates. The most negative interview I've ever had, with very cold interviewers. Impossible to get a read on people, and they all looked like they'd rather shoot themselves than sit there for the interviews; sadly many of these people were the hiring managers. Not a good sign.

Interview Question – Tell me when a crossfunctional sabotaged one of your projects, what did you do?   Answer Question

Worked for Mars? Contribute to the Community!