Mars

3.2

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Benefits Systems Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hackettstown, NJ

I was contacted via e-mail and had a phone interview set up. The day of the interview, I waited over an hour for the recruiters call. When I called to check if the interview was postponed, I was transferred to different voice mails and never received a phone call back. Very unprofessional.

SAP Functional Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hackettstown, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Mars in December 2013.

the hiring process is very well co-ordinated. at the end of the interview i was given a box of chocolate which meant a lot to me

Interview Questions
    very straight forward. no nonsense

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hackettstown, NJ

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Mars in April 2013.

The first point of contact was what appeared to be an automatically-generated email, which which instructed me to contact the HR person to schedule a phone interview.

The phone interview was brief and used primarily for information-gathering on both sides. An in-person interview was scheduled shortly thereafter, via email.

The second interview was with a small group within the hiring department, which lasted for just under an hour. The HR rep gave a brief facility overview and tour before we met with the team. Questions ranged from past positive and negative work experiences to where I wanted to take my career in the future. They did not ask many technical questions, aside from basic software application familiarity. They also delved a bit into questions about life outside of work. By the end, the team had asked a very well-rounded group of questions, and I felt that I was able to convey everything that I would have wanted in an interview.

Upon leaving, I received a large box of their product and was told I would hear 'in a few days.' I sent follow-up thank you notes, but never received any further communication, direct or indirect.

Interview Questions
    • Please contrast a manager whom you enjoyed working for with one you did not.   Answer Question

Benefits Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hackettstown, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Mars.

They have a corporate recruiter which was great. This was a position in the Hacketstown, NJ location. The recruiter was very friendly and had asked that I come in for an interview. I met with the supervisor of the position, a person who was just promoted from the position, and someone who would be my peer.
    They were very casual yet professional.

Interview Questions
    • My 2nd round of the interview was with the woman I would be reporting directly to. She looked me square in the eye and asked me if I had a spouse, any children, and if I planned on having any children.   View Answer

The position was advertised as being 23 miles from my home. It was twice that and I just couldn't commute that far and be chained to a call-center all day. I had asked that if they could allow me to work from home 2-3 days/week that I would absolutely do it.

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hackettstown, NJ

The process took a dayinterviewed at Mars in August 2011.

First step was a phone screen by the HR recruiter. Next, the recruiter brought me in for a panel interview with the director and several segment managers. The interview lasted an hour with questions that were generally behavioral with some questions about technical competence from my resume. The HR recruiter also gives a tour of the facility. The interviewers were more interested in how a goal was accomplished rather than the success of the accomplishment.

Interview Questions
    • Name an opportunity area identified by your manager and what did you do to develop this opportunity.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate start date, starting pay, and relocation allowance.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hackettstown, NJ

The process took a dayinterviewed at Mars in February 2011.

I met the company through on-campus recruiting and interviewed on-campus as well. They're all such nice people that the initial meetings were great. The interview, however, is pretty tough. Be on top of case questions and prepare for just about anything. In the end a lot of this process is about fit.

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hackettstown, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Mars in November 2010.

First two rounds were phone interviews - HR was generic, but the Marketing interviewer was rather difficult and cynical. The questions asked were significantly different from those asked for any other marketing openings, such as "Tell me about a time when a crossfunctional went against you." After an hour found out that I was moving forward to a final round in Hackettstown.

There were two 2on1 interviews, constituting of more tough questions asking about failed projects, issues with management, dysfunctional crossfunctionals, and managing issues between teammates. The most negative interview I've ever had, with very cold interviewers. Impossible to get a read on people, and they all looked like they'd rather shoot themselves than sit there for the interviews; sadly many of these people were the hiring managers. Not a good sign.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me when a crossfunctional sabotaged one of your projects, what did you do?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hackettstown, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Mars in October 2010.

The first interview was a phone screen with an HR peson consisting of your basic interview question, ie leadership style, accomplishments, goals, objectives. It also consisted of a detailed discussion of Mars unique . The 2nd interview was also a phone interview but with the hiring manager. It was about 1.5 hours and went deep into functional experience, accomplishments. I was immediately told that I would be invited to come in for a formal interview. In the interim, they had asked me to execute an online personality survey.

It took about a month to schedule the in-house interview. It consisted of 2 - 2 people panel including HR, the hiring manager, and 2 peers. I would say it was relatively easy overall. The individuals spent alot of time talking about the Mars culture and making sure I was a good fit.

Interview Questions
    • How would you manage a difficult individual who would be disappointed that they didn't get the position.   Answer Question
    Increased based salary.

Brand Manager Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hackettstown, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Mars in January 2010.

Initial communication was through on-campus recruiting. Interview was planned through careers office on campus. had one interview. People were really nice, office is great but in the middle of nowhere.

GLDP Candidate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hackettstown, NJ

The process took a dayinterviewed at Mars in November 2009.

There were 3 rounds of interviews. First it was a phone interview. Then it was a 2 on 1 in person interview at a career fair. Then the final round on site consisted of a case study that was given to you a few days in advance. You needed to prepare a presentation and present it to a panel with a Q&A session afterwards. After that there were 2 45 min interviews which were 2 on 1. Both interviews consisted primarly behavioral questions.