Mars

9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

SAP FUNCTIONAL LEAD Interview

Hackettstown, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Mars in December 2013.

Interview Details – the hiring process is very well co-ordinated. at the end of the interview i was given a box of chocolate which meant a lot to me

Interview Question – why mars?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – very straight forward. no nonsense

Business Analyst Interview

Hackettstown, NJ

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Mars in April 2013.

Interview Details – The first point of contact was what appeared to be an automatically-generated email, which which instructed me to contact the HR person to schedule a phone interview.

The phone interview was brief and used primarily for information-gathering on both sides. An in-person interview was scheduled shortly thereafter, via email.

The second interview was with a small group within the hiring department, which lasted for just under an hour. The HR rep gave a brief facility overview and tour before we met with the team. Questions ranged from past positive and negative work experiences to where I wanted to take my career in the future. They did not ask many technical questions, aside from basic software application familiarity. They also delved a bit into questions about life outside of work. By the end, the team had asked a very well-rounded group of questions, and I felt that I was able to convey everything that I would have wanted in an interview.

Upon leaving, I received a large box of their product and was told I would hear 'in a few days.' I sent follow-up thank you notes, but never received any further communication, direct or indirect.

Interview Question – Please contrast a manager whom you enjoyed working for with one you did not.   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Project Engineer
Hackettstown, NJ

The process took a day - interviewed at Mars in August 2011.

Interview Details – First step was a phone screen by the HR recruiter. Next, the recruiter brought me in for a panel interview with the director and several segment managers. The interview lasted an hour with questions that were generally behavioral with some questions about technical competence from my resume. The HR recruiter also gives a tour of the facility. The interviewers were more interested in how a goal was accomplished rather than the success of the accomplishment.

Interview Question – Name an opportunity area identified by your manager and what did you do to develop this opportunity.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate start date, starting pay, and relocation allowance.

Intern Interview

Hackettstown, NJ

The process took a day - interviewed at Mars in February 2011.

Interview Details – I met the company through on-campus recruiting and interviewed on-campus as well. They're all such nice people that the initial meetings were great. The interview, however, is pretty tough. Be on top of case questions and prepare for just about anything. In the end a lot of this process is about fit.

Interview Question – An ad was shown and I was asked to analyze it.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Hackettstown, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Mars in October 2010.

Interview Details – The first interview was a phone screen with an HR peson consisting of your basic interview question, ie leadership style, accomplishments, goals, objectives. It also consisted of a detailed discussion of Mars unique . The 2nd interview was also a phone interview but with the hiring manager. It was about 1.5 hours and went deep into functional experience, accomplishments. I was immediately told that I would be invited to come in for a formal interview. In the interim, they had asked me to execute an online personality survey.

It took about a month to schedule the in-house interview. It consisted of 2 - 2 people panel including HR, the hiring manager, and 2 peers. I would say it was relatively easy overall. The individuals spent alot of time talking about the Mars culture and making sure I was a good fit.

Interview Question – How would you manage a difficult individual who would be disappointed that they didn't get the position.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Increased based salary.

Very Difficult Interview

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Associate Brand Manager
Hackettstown, NJ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Mars in November 2010.

Interview Details – First two rounds were phone interviews - HR was generic, but the Marketing interviewer was rather difficult and cynical. The questions asked were significantly different from those asked for any other marketing openings, such as "Tell me about a time when a crossfunctional went against you." After an hour found out that I was moving forward to a final round in Hackettstown.

There were two 2on1 interviews, constituting of more tough questions asking about failed projects, issues with management, dysfunctional crossfunctionals, and managing issues between teammates. The most negative interview I've ever had, with very cold interviewers. Impossible to get a read on people, and they all looked like they'd rather shoot themselves than sit there for the interviews; sadly many of these people were the hiring managers. Not a good sign.

Interview Question – Tell me when a crossfunctional sabotaged one of your projects, what did you do?   Answer Question

Brand Manager Internship Interview

Hackettstown, NJ

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Mars in January 2010.

Interview Details – Initial communication was through on-campus recruiting. Interview was planned through careers office on campus. had one interview. People were really nice, office is great but in the middle of nowhere.

Interview Questions

Project Manager-marketing Interview

Hackettstown, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Mars in October 2007.

Interview Details – Initially interviewed by recruiter over the phone; discussion centered around past experiences and successes as they related to the job. Then there was a panel interview with an underlying goal of identifying personality and work habits. I thought the process was very appropriate.

Interview Question – Describe what u wld do if someone did nt do what u asked?   View Answer

GLDP Candidate Interview

Hackettstown, NJ

The process took a day - interviewed at Mars in November 2009.

Interview Details – There were 3 rounds of interviews. First it was a phone interview. Then it was a 2 on 1 in person interview at a career fair. Then the final round on site consisted of a case study that was given to you a few days in advance. You needed to prepare a presentation and present it to a panel with a Q&A session afterwards. After that there were 2 45 min interviews which were 2 on 1. Both interviews consisted primarly behavioral questions.

Interview Question – What is your biggest career failure?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Mars? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Mars interview questions and advice in Hackettstown, NJ. All 9 interview reviews posted anonymously by Mars employees and interview candidates.