Mars Intern Interview Questions

Updated Sep 13, 2014

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hackettstown, NJ
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hackettstown, NJ

The process took a day - interviewed at Mars in February 2011.

I met the company through on-campus recruiting and interviewed on-campus as well. They're all such nice people that the initial meetings were great. The interview, however, is pretty tough. Be on top of case questions and prepare for just about anything. In the end a lot of this process is about fit.

Other Interview Reviews for Mars

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Mars.

1st contact was over the phone with an HR person. The HR person ran through my resume, asking for more elaboration on my experience.
    1st round - Video conference interview with one HR person and an account manager. The questions were behavioural and situational. The interviewers were friendly but pushed me on some of my answers, sometimes asking leading questions.
    2nd round - One day on-site with other candidates vying for the same position. One interview with another HR person and a VP. I also had a couple of days to prepare a 10 minute presentation a topic that they gave me in advance and I presented it to a cross-functional panel of about 8 people. The panel followed up with a lot of questions. The environment felt quite comfortable despite being with people that I was competing with for the same job, and there was ample opportunity to chat with various people in the business to get to know Mars, which seemed like an open community.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time when you went against the direction of the group that you were working in.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Verden (Germany)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verden (Germany)

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Mars.

One phone interview -

Interview Questions
    • Examples of where have held responsibility - What do you expect the working environment at Mars will be like? - Why are you considering a career in the Petcare business? - One brief technical question regarding the area I was to work within - What kind of research roles have you held in the past?   Answer Question
    Negociated on the duration (11 instead of 12 weeks) - Was able to get additional holiday time - Mars immediately offered to find help with accommodation etc.

Worked for Mars? Contribute to the Community!