Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Mars
- Finance Manager (4)
- Finance (4)
- Intern (3)
- Field Sales (2)
- Engineering (2)
- Team Member (2)
- Marketing (2)
- Director (2)
- Territory Sales Manager (2)
- Production Operator (2)
- Mars Management Development Programmer (2)
- Management Development Programmer (2)
- Brand Manager (2)
- Business Analyst (2)
- Logistics Manager (1)
- Manager (1)
- Regional Support – Petcare NA Infrastructure Service Manager (1)
- Senior Service Analyst (1)
- European Procurement (1)
- Finance Trainee (Veghel/NL) (1)
- Manager aanbestedingen (1)
- Laboratory Manager Germantown MD Office (1)
- Production Planner (1)
- Production Supervisor (1)
- Production Team Member (1)
- Customer Business Planning Manager (1)
- Demand Planning (1)
- Praktikant (1)
- Cashier (1)
- Marketing Intern (1)
I applied through college or university – interviewed at Mars in September 2014.
Met at campus career fair. Received an email later that day to do a half hour 1:1 interview with the same recruiter I had met at the career fair. Questions were very straightforward and included mostly resume rundown and behavioral based STAR questions. Was told I would hear back within a week whether I had made it to the second round of interviews but I did not hear until about a month later, at which point they informed me I was no longer qualified as a candidate.
- Mostly behavioral. If you bring up the Five Principles and find ways to relate it to their questions and things on your resume they'll be impressed. Answer Question
Other Interview Reviews for Mars
Intern InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
The process took 1 day – interviewed at Mars (Hackettstown, NJ) in February 2011.
I met the company through on-campus recruiting and interviewed on-campus as well. They're all such nice people that the initial meetings were great. The interview, however, is pretty tough. Be on top of case questions and prepare for just about anything. In the end a lot of this process is about fit.
- An ad was shown and I was asked to analyze it. Answer Question
Intern InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months – interviewed at Mars.
1st contact was over the phone with an HR person. The HR person ran through my resume, asking for more elaboration on my experience.
1st round - Video conference interview with one HR person and an account manager. The questions were behavioural and situational. The interviewers were friendly but pushed me on some of my answers, sometimes asking leading questions.
2nd round - One day on-site with other candidates vying for the same position. One interview with another HR person and a VP. I also had a couple of days to prepare a 10 minute presentation a topic that they gave me in advance and I presented it to a cross-functional panel of about 8 people. The panel followed up with a lot of questions. The environment felt quite comfortable despite being with people that I was competing with for the same job, and there was ample opportunity to chat with various people in the business to get to know Mars, which seemed like an open community.
- Tell us about a time when you went against the direction of the group that you were working in. Answer Question